2020: Week 1 - @ Buffalo Bills

Bianconero

Just now, TheChad said:

In the interest of feeling better, who do we think was worse than us yesterday?

Philly in the second half.

Cleveland other than their running game.

Miami were pretty bad.

Atlanta and Indy couldn't force an incompletion to save their lives.

Probably par for the course. We were just one of the teams that was terrible. 

Why are people so high on Sam? What has he shown on an NFL level to desire all this faith to you? He wasn't even a prolific college player. Currently he's a Marcus Mariota level at best young QB. People here are protective of him like he had Deshaun Watson level rookie year/potential.

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No excuses but we do need to give these guys a chance to gel. My hope after 4 weeks is 2-2 barring an upset vs SF on Sunday. 

Unlikely but possible.  The Colts didn't look so hot and Den aren't world beaters.  After 4 weeks we will know alot about this team and Sam.  We can crumble to 0 and 4 or shake off a tough first game and show resilience.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Unlikely but possible.  The Colts didn't look so hot and Den aren't world beaters.  After 4 weeks we will know alot about this team and Sam.  We can crumble to 0 and 4 or shake off a tough first game and show resilience.

Yup. It’s basically the preseason for me IMO. If we get to 2-2 then we can build from there. The last thing we want is to dig a hole.

It's super frustrating to watch Sam force passes into tight windows with 6-7 yards of open field ahead of him when he could just take the easy yards and make the next down that much easier.  Instead the pass falls incomplete and we are in 3rd and long all day.  That kills me every time because we get burned all the time but QBs who use their legs wisely.

33 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

No preseason, no time to gel with injuries, and a great defense are all recipes for a performance like we saw yesterday.  Let's calm down and see how the season goes before we start calling for Sam's head after 1 game and an 0-16 season.

Buf is a really solid team and improved with a talent like Diggs.  The Jets just traded their best player.  The teams are moving in different directions.  I think long term the OL will need better OG play but C and OTs looked good which is a good sign, we definitely need more weapons even with MIms but adding a top WR talent will push Perriman to 4th WR which is much better suited for him, and finally our pass rush needs a boost.  The run defense looked stout as always but we need better push in the pocket.  Overall I liked the OL, the CBs were decent especially Austin who looks like a solid #2 CB.

Moving forward I hope Sam can get back on track and I think he will.

Oh come one. This is as optimistic as it gets. Did the other 31 NFL teams get a preseason and have no injuries occur?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheChad said:

Looking at guys like Gardiner Minshew and Kyler Murray, despite being in the league for just the one year, I'm inclined to agree with you. Hell, Daniel Jones might be better than Darnold too. You definitely can't notice Darnold's extra year of experience.

At least I can take solace in the fact that the vaunted class of 2018 was never going to do much for us. Baker and Sam are pretty much the same. Josh Allen is a marginally better Mark Sanchez (without the playoff clutch factor) who mostly seems to benefit from being on a great team. Rosen is historically bad. And there's no chance we would've known what to do with Lamar Jackson.

That Rosen thing  is crazy Troy Aikman start talking about him yesterday and was cut off by a commercial he start to say you  haven't head the last of him yet. So many radio sports people still  like Rosen. Rosen played with Cards his first year and had a worst O LIne than the Jets. I like him better than Darnold before the draft that year. You talk about the draft class of 2018 could not do much for us what about Lamar Jackson, we could have taken him and not have to give up two second round picks, and is a future super star QB.

25 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

It's super frustrating to watch Sam force passes into tight windows with 6-7 yards of open field ahead of him when he could just take the easy yards and make the next down that much easier.  Instead the pass falls incomplete and we are in 3rd and long all day.  That kills me every time because we get burned all the time but QBs who use their legs wisely.

He had 1 good pass the whole game to Bell down the sideline. He looks awful generally speaking the rest of the game. I for 1 am not saying we need to look elsewhere. Its WAY too early for that talk. But he has to be a completely different QB the rest of the way for that conversation to not come up as the season goes on. And the schedule isn't friendly to him early either.

9 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That Rosen thing  is crazy Troy Aikman start talking about him yesterday and was cut off by a commercial he start to say you  haven't head the last of him yet. So many radio sports people still  like Rosen. Rosen played with Cards his first year and had a worst O LIne than the Jets. I like him better than Darnold before the draft that year. You talk about the draft class of 2018 could not do much for us what about Lamar Jackson, we could have taken him and not have to give up two second round picks, and is a future super star QB.

Lamar Jackson would not be Lamar Jackson on the Jets. He walked into the perfect situation with an OC who knew how to help him grow and craft an offense around him.

• Like 1

Just now, Bobby816 said:

He had 1 good pass the whole game to Bell down the sideline. He looks awful generally speaking the rest of the game. I for 1 am not saying we need to look elsewhere. Its WAY too early for that talk. But he has to be a completely different QB the rest of the way for that conversation to not come up as the season goes on. And the schedule isn't friendly to him early either.

You must be reading my mind i was just about say the same thing about that pass to Bell is was a perfect pass to bad it was the only one in the game

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

Lamar Jackson would not be Lamar Jackson on the Jets. He walked into the perfect situation with an OC who knew how to help him grow and craft an offense around him.

I am not so sure about that,  I am not saying Baltimore doesn't have a much better Offensive staff. I would not like to play Jackson twice a year.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Only things I can think of were the pass to Bell, check to the screen for Crowder and the EZ pass to Hogan that was dropped. 

Wasn't there another pass to the end zone that was on the money and the replacement for Norman was called for pass interference ?