2020: Week 1 - @ Buffalo Bills

Bianconero

we MIGHT beat denver at home on a thursday night, split with miami and then i really dont know who else we can beat. we arent beating the bills at home. Maybe the colts...but i think their roster is just better than ours but you never know. We just have to hope Sam plays solid. Figure out what you want to do if we are actually drafting that high and at the very least he has value. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

So let's judge Maye and Adams after one game and claim Adams has no effect on the defense and Maye is just as good.  But let's give Gase and Sam and the offense a pass.  Rightttt

We had Adams for 3 years and won how many games with him? He’s not the difference between us being a bad team and a good one. Let him go.

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

An implosion wouldn’t bother me at this point. The Gase/Darnold pairing doesn’t seem to be a good fit.

if we are 4-12 or worse i think they both could be gone. we just need sammy to net us a pick at least. im not ready to say it yet it was just an awful game and hes taking steps back, but we dont help him either. there is very little to work with and Gase doesnt know how to call plays to players strengths. 

10 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

if we are 4-12 or worse i think they both could be gone. we just need sammy to net us a pick at least. im not ready to say it yet it was just an awful game and hes taking steps back, but we dont help him either. there is very little to work with and Gase doesnt know how to call plays to players strengths. 

We are at a coaching disadvantage every single time this team takes the field. We are 40M or so under the cap and we let our most productive receiver leave and replaced him with Breshad Perriman, an oft injured player with 5 games of production. The WRs were getting little to no separation yesterday. No running game to speak of.  Sam missed throws but JD/Gase completely failed him also. How they thought this offense had enough to get the job done is head scratching. 

I wish we could see what Sam looks like without Gase because after seeing his final stretch of play in 2018 it looked like he was definitely a rising talent. In comes Gase and he hasn’t played like that since. Unfortunately I think everything from this point forward is too little too late for Sam. Another victim of Jets incompetence.

44 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Gase was getting guys open, Sam was throwing it over their heads. The worse call was the screen late in the 2bd quarter because it only gave us 1 shot to score. He attacked Klein when he came in with Bell, Bell ended up getting hurt. Isolated Herndon on a screen but he fumbled because Becton over ran the assignment and let Hyde in to force the fumble. Got Hogan open in the back of the EZ but he dropped the pass. 

Execution was lacking way more IMO, play calling wasn’t magnificent but every fan base craps on it when guys aren’t executing. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Gase was getting guys open, Sam was throwing it over their heads. The worse call was the screen late in the 2bd quarter because it only gave us 1 shot to score. He attacked Klein when he came in with Bell, Bell ended up getting hurt. Isolated Herndon on a screen but he fumbled because Becton over ran the assignment and let Hyde in to force the fumble. Got Hogan open in the back of the EZ but he dropped the pass. 

Execution was lacking way more IMO, play calling wasn’t magnificent but every fan base craps on it when guys aren’t executing. 

Gase said he wouldn't change a thing he did yesterday.  That is a horrible coach/leader right there. YOU LOST.  He is also throwing his players under the bus with a statement like that.  He's a clown.