2020: Week 1 - @ Buffalo Bills

Bianconero

I'm happy we have a punter that can send it deep and high. Mann looked good. If Sam lays another egg with the 49ers in town we are in serious trouble. When Sam has 3 seconds to throw and makes bad plays that just goes to show you how bad he is. No more kid gloves with this kid. Big Ben won a Super Bowl at age 23 or 24. 

44 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm happy we have a punter that can send it deep and high. Mann looked good. If Sam lays another egg with the 49ers in town we are in serious trouble. When Sam has 3 seconds to throw and makes bad plays that just goes to show you how bad he is. No more kid gloves with this kid. Big Ben won a Super Bowl at age 23 or 24. 

I thought Mann was great.  Two rookies were our best players haha

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I thought the biggest problem with our Line was out interior. Would love to give Clark a shot at either spot once he comes back

Interior problem may relate to communication issue, not skill issue. Like S-Nova said, OL needs few games together to come together.

11 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It really is funny seeing media members and some YouTubers criticizing the play calling and then this genius just shows how it wasn't the play calling and how bad Darnold really was. I will say this, maybe Gase's offense is just too damn complicated for guys and a watered down offense will be better especially for these kids coming out of college. The amount of checks and reads necessary make it very hit or miss. Guess right and you get a 69 yard screen to the house, guess wrong and you hit a smoke screen on 3rd and 9 for a 1 yard gain.

While I agree in theory, I think Gase has to work with the personnel he has. If its too much for Sam make it easier. 

Over the last decade we've seen a lot of QBs have early success because OCs are running simple offenses for QBs (similar to ones they ran in college). The problem for a lot of guys a decade or two ago was complicated offenses that weren't similar to what they ran in college.

I think one thing the Jets havent done is run a simple offense for any of our young QBs. You can't put a first time driver in a mercedes and get upset when they scratch up the car. Might want to start with a Corrolla. Right now Sams driving like hes afraid to scratch up the Mercedes. 

Theres a reason why B. Flores fired his OC for Chan Gailey. Hes trying to put Tua in the best position to succeed. He thought his longtime friend Chad O'Shea ran too complicated of an offense.

Edited by Colt45fool
  • Like 3