theJ

Gameday - Bengals vs. Chargers

I'll take lead on creating this.  Keep all game chatter in here.

Game time: Sunday Sept 13th, 4:05 PM

Channel: CBS (Gameday Maps (Live on Wednesday Sep 9))

Attendance: 0

Injury Report:

• AJ Green reportedly will play - will he be on a pitch count?
  • Looks like Shawn Williams will probably miss the game
  • S Derwin James of the Chargers will miss the game

@INbengalfan did you get a refund on your season tickets?  What's your plan for watching home games this year?

I'm guessing that since CBS has the single, this game won't be widely televised.  I probably won't get it in my area.  Still trying to decide if shelling out $99 for Gamepass is worth it, since DTV still can't get with the times to offer Sunday Ticket without a live TV package.

2 hours ago, theJ said:

@INbengalfan did you get a refund on your season tickets?  What's your plan for watching home games this year?

I did the defer to next year option, so i'm paid up for 2021.  Going to watch on TV like everyone else.  I did tell my ticket agent that if theyn  were going to sell individual game tickets after season ticket orders were filled, that I would be interested later in the season (if that even happens).

Part of the season ticket package gives you access to games on NFL ticket, but since I don't have Direct TV, I've never used it.  Might have to find a friend with it so i can get games.  The other thing I have working for me is our local cable carries both Indy and Dayton stations, so as long as the Browns don't pre-empt the bengals, I'm good.  If they do, i'll just go to a friends house in Cincy for the game, or take the chance at a sports bar (my daughter works at the local Frickers)

Edit:  I mispoke (or lied, you choose).  I get Game Pass for free, plus RedZone for free

Edited by INbengalfan
  • Like 1

I just have a really good feeling about this game. It’s gonna come down to turnovers, wouldn’t be surprised to see us just try and run the ball early to control the clock and set up play action

2 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

I just have a really good feeling about this game. It’s gonna come down to turnovers, wouldn’t be surprised to see us just try and run the ball early to control the clock and set up play action

I always feel really good about week 1.  Unbeaten so far!

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

I always feel really good about week 1.  Unbeaten so far!

I even felt good last year with how we looked against the Seahawks week 1, which quickly faded lol

1 minute ago, Johnny Nix said:

I even felt good last year with how we looked against the Seahawks week 1, which quickly faded lol

Me too.  Thought we were going to see a 8-8 revival, and Andy would keep his job forever and always.  Faded very quick.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Me too.  Thought we were going to see a 8-8 revival, and Andy would keep his job forever and always.  Faded very quick.

It all worked out just fine in the end, or at the end of April

Mixon tops 100 yards.  Green makes a few big plays, while Boyd destros their safeties in the middle.  Bengals 24-13

13 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

It all worked out just fine in the end, or at the end of April

Yeah we'll see, but seems promising so far.

12 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Bengals in a squeaker.

256-0?

I'm thinking in the opposite direction.  I think the offenses will be ahead of the defenses early on and we see a shootout.

Bengals 38
Chargers 31

I like our odds to take this W as well. For a few reasons.

First, we have a west coast team traveling east on a restricted travel schedule. I think with the new covid rules in affect the team can’t land in Cincinnati until Saturday. Leaving one day for their bodies to adjust to the time change before playing the next day at “10am” PT. 

Second, believe it or not, I think we have an advantage in the trenches; even with the stark advantage of Bosa over Hart. Also, this game will say a lot about Taylor/Callahan’s scheme and playcalling. They’re going to need to coach around Bosa with quick passing, RPO’s, and play-action. 

Third, I just don’t think Tyrod Taylor is very good. He’s a fringe starter who has always underwhelmed me. I think Burrow, even as a rookie, moves the needle our way.

27-20 Bengals - Joe Burrow throws 1 TD and rushes for 1. Mixon will pound in the third.