Gameday - Bengals vs. Chargers

theJ

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

With 7 seconds left, take a shot at the endzone to win. That's a cowardly result for a cowardly decision. 

Joe made some rookie mistakes that need to get ironed out, but he showed up big time on that last drive. Disappointing result. 

I don’t blame the decision with the way the Oline had been playing. We had no timeouts. A sack and the games over and fans would be saying why not just kick the field goal

Fat Randy needs to go.

1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

I don’t blame the decision with the way the Oline had been playing. We had no timeouts. A sack and the games over and fans would be saying why not just kick the field goal

Fat Randy needs to go.

The play to call there is a quick pass out of the back of the endzone so a sack or catch in bounds isn’t possible. There was time.

Randy sux.  The call on Green was ticky-tack, especially since heyward had a fistful of jersey.  Think they'd call that on them in LA?

Plenty of mistakes to go around, yet in the end, Burrow drove us for the game winning/tying drive anyway.  For all that Marvin did that I love, to keep Bullock over Elliott continues to haunt this team.  Bullock just sux in clutch moments.  he missed a GW on Christmas vs the Texans, a GW against the browns, two clutch kicks against the Steelers at least, and now this.  Sure he makes some big kicks (the 57 yarder in playoffs in Indy), but he NEVER, EVER makes clutch kicks.  He's the dalton of kickers.  He goes limp when it really matters.  Get rid of him now.

Taylor had an abysmal game as HC. He didn't run the clock down on the Bengals last possession of the 2nd quarter, so Chargers had time to get the field goal. He called all 3 of our second half timeouts from the sideline. He didn't trust Burrow to not turn it over or take a sack with 7 seconds left. And he started Bobby Hart vs Joey Bosa.

Burrow had a pretty good game for a rookie QB with no preseason games. The interception was a blunder but his only one. No delay of game penalties was nice to see. I expect we'll see him be more aggressive vs the Browns on Thursday. If Hart doesn't get him killed by Miles Garrett. 

9 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Taylor had an abysmal game as HC. He didn't run the clock down on the Bengals last possession of the 2nd quarter, so Chargers had time to get the field goal. He called all 3 of our second half timeouts from the sideline. He didn't trust Burrow to not turn it over or take a sack with 7 seconds left. And he started Bobby Hart vs Joey Bosa.

I wasn't a fan of his playcalling, either. I also don't like how much we're spelling Mixon with Gio. Why did we pay him all that money to not use him at all as a receiver?

Also, I don't think the bold his on Taylor as much as it is the front office. He's being paid to start.

• Like 1