Gameday - Bengals vs. Chargers

theJ

22 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

You guys should have won yesterday.

Now go out there Thursday night, beat the Browns, end their season before it began and make this a 3 team division race

2* team.

The Bengals aren't going to compete for the division.  Not this year.  The foundation is maybe there, but it's hard to imagine anything more than 8 wins currently.

13 minutes ago, theJ said:

2* team.

The Bengals aren't going to compete for the division.  Not this year.  The foundation is maybe there, but it's hard to imagine anything more than 8 wins currently.

I'm curious what adjustments are made, mainly to the OL.  Billy Price, Fred Johnson, and possibly Hakeem if they switch to sooner rather than later, we might slip in.  The AFC outside of the Chiefs, Ravens, and maybe Steelers isn't that good.  I don't think it's impossible for the Bengals to beat teams like the Broncos, Patriots, Titans, Bills, etc...

They are definitely better teams, but that defense will keep us in games...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm curious what adjustments are made, mainly to the OL.  Billy Price, Fred Johnson, and possibly Hakeem if they switch to sooner rather than later, we might slip in.  The AFC outside of the Chiefs, Ravens, and maybe Steelers isn't that good.  I don't think it's impossible for the Bengals to beat teams like the Broncos, Patriots, Titans, Bills, etc...

They are definitely better teams, but that defense will keep us in games...

If the defense plays the way it did yesterday, they'll stay in some ballgames.  Problem is that i don't think that was a great test with Tyrod at QB.  And they won't get much better of a test with Baker this Thursday.  We'll see.

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

If the defense plays the way it did yesterday, they'll stay in some ballgames.  Problem is that i don't think that was a great test with Tyrod at QB.  And they won't get much better of a test with Baker this Thursday.  We'll see.

I mean look at the other QBs in the AFC:

• Derek Carr
  • Philip Rivers
  • Gardner Minshew
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Sam Darnold
  • Josh Allen
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick/Tua
  • Cam Newton
  • Drew Lock
  • Ryan Tannehill
  • Baker Mayfield

Besides Watson (who has BOB sabotaging him), are we really worried about another AFC QB not named LJax, Big Ben, or Mahomes?

10 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

• Derek Carr
  • Philip Rivers
  • Gardner Minshew
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Sam Darnold
  • Josh Allen
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick/Tua
  • Cam Newton
  • Drew Lock
  • Ryan Tannehill
  • Baker Mayfield

Besides Watson (who has BOB sabotaging him), are we really worried about another AFC QB not named LJax, Big Ben, or Mahomes?

Time will tell, but i think at the end of the year, we're going to see pretty good seasons from:

• Minshew
  • Watson
  • Allen
  • Newton

And then the ones you named.  So maybe not.  Though i haven't looked at the schedule closely enough to know which of these teams they actually play this year.

17 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

• Derek Carr
  • Philip Rivers
  • Gardner Minshew
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Sam Darnold
  • Josh Allen
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick/Tua
  • Cam Newton
  • Drew Lock
  • Ryan Tannehill
  • Baker Mayfield

I think you’re underrating that list. Tyrod is maybe the worst of the bunch.

6 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I need to see more from ZT as a playcaller. 

This X 1000. The Mixon fumble was on a run after a first down incomplete pass. I was sitting there and saying to myself, "for once, don't run on 2nd and 10". But sure enough they ran and it didn't turn out well. 

9 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

This X 1000. The Mixon fumble was on a run after a first down incomplete pass. I was sitting there and saying to myself, "for once, don't run on 2nd and 10". But sure enough they ran and it didn't turn out well. 

This is one of the problems with paying a RB.  There's some obligation to give him the ball.

The smart thing to do would be to throw it to him.

But of course he's not the "pass catching back".  That's Gio.  So we can't do that.