Season Predictions

theJ

16 hours ago, sparky151 said:

This is a building year. We patched some holes in free agency and found our QB of the next decade+. But we still have some obvious holes and unknowns. IMO the biggest unknown is whether or not Taylor is a good NFL coach or he's just a guy who once shook hands with Sean McVey. 

I think if they avoid major injuries and only end up with 5 wins, he's just a guy.  If they can get to 7-8+ wins, there might be something there.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:02 AM, theJ said:

DPOY: Carl Lawson - i think he finally breaks out on sack numbers

I'm changing my pick.  I'm going with Sam Hubbard.  I've been writing him off for the last two years.  Not anymore.  I'm on board the hype train.

47 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm changing my pick.  I'm going with Sam Hubbard.  I've been writing him off for the last two years.  Not anymore.  I'm on board the hype train.

Agreed.  I think he gets the extension if only one of them gets it.  But..... Lawson is in a contract year, so I expect his numbers to go up a bit, including games played.

Am I the only one here with high expectations of what to expect of Burrow his rookie year? I understand rookie QBs tend to really struggle and turn the ball over a bunch their first season, but I for some reason have the feeling Burrow is going to be good from the jump. He appears so much more mature (attitude and age wise) than other rookie QBs. Anyone else feeling this way?

33 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Am I the only one here with high expectations of what to expect of Burrow his rookie year? I understand rookie QBs tend to really struggle and turn the ball over a bunch their first season, but I for some reason have the feeling Burrow is going to be good from the jump. He appears so much more mature (attitude and age wise) than other rookie QBs. Anyone else feeling this way?

No, I am trying to temper my expectations as a fan (fanatic), but everything we have heard is that the offense is adapting to Burrow, not the other way around, and you do that when you believe in the talent.  There will be turnovers, that happens with most rookie QB's, but with his quick release and decision making, I don't think it will be anything too out of hand. 

My prediction

4200+ yards
63+% completion percentage
30+ TD's
10-12 INTs

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

No, I am trying to temper my expectations as a fan (fanatic), but everything we have heard is that the offense is adapting to Burrow, not the other way around, and you do that when you believe in the talent.  There will be turnovers, that happens with most rookie QB's, but with his quick release and decision making, I don't think it will be anything too out of hand. 

My prediction

4200+ yards
30+ TD's
10-12 INTs

Wow. 30+ TDs. I love it. 

51 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

My prediction

4200+ yards
30+ TD's
10-12 INTs

This is exactly where i'm at.  he has the talent and moxie to be great, but don't want to actually expect him to do it.  tempering my enthusiasm is just what happens to bengalized people after nearly thirty years of Mike Brown.

But I can see him exploding in a few games to pad his stas.