If we suck but cant get a top 3 pick to land a qb what do we do?

Vladimir L

16 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I think the Franchise QB searching can end now while they focus on making Haskins as good as possible. This Franchise on Defense is stack and I think can be taken to a different level with Del Rio and Rivera coaching them.

The offense just has to be able to move the ball down field, convert 3rd downs, and score TD's oppose to FG's. Give the QB whether Franchise or not in Haskins the pieces needed to do those things on offense. Come Draft Time and Free Agency next year I hope they are doing just that. 

I loved Haskins as a prospect more then most. But as a person who values the countless hours I scout and take notes and break down these players I’m looking for the franchise guy every year. Haskins to date has done everything I needed to see. Now he has to elevate the talent around him and maybe even over achieve this season. That’s what franchise guys or guys you hope to build a franchise around do in year two.

The league will catch up if he’s masking deficiencies whether through scheme of just elevating his game by seasons end but if Haskins wants to quiet noise then he has to produce. No QB gets a pass when they lose. No QB gets a pass for better or for worse for lack of talent around them. But the ones who elevate others even if the team loses get built around.

Let’s see Haskins make big throws and put guys into stat lines maybe above what we thought coming into the year which can’t be that high. Outside of Terry we have questions. So I’m thinking if Dwayne can get Terry over 1,000 yards he essentially has 4 not huge names he needs to be a leader and develop a comfort for certain things to make them play above their expected impact. 

I am hoping that this guy shuts everyone up. I don’t need 10 wins and a blind playoff appearance where we look lost out there. But what I do need is to see him playing like a guy who puts his weapons in a spot to make a play for him. Watching Terry catch the most amazing photo opp catches last year was amazing. This year I want to see him catching balls in stride and get him YAC. I’m hoping these backs and hopefully Sims and AGG compliment Terry and they can grow together. But it’s up to Dwayne what we’re looking for at that position this offseason. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I loved Haskins as a prospect more then most. But as a person who values the countless hours I scout and take notes and break down these players I’m looking for the franchise guy every year. Haskins to date has done everything I needed to see. Now he has to elevate the talent around him and maybe even over achieve this season. That’s what franchise guys or guys you hope to build a franchise around do in year two.

The league will catch up if he’s masking deficiencies whether through scheme of just elevating his game by seasons end but if Haskins wants to quiet noise then he has to produce. No QB gets a pass when they lose. No QB gets a pass for better or for worse for lack of talent around them. But the ones who elevate others even if the team loses get built around.

Let’s see Haskins make big throws and put guys into stat lines maybe above what we thought coming into the year which can’t be that high. Outside of Terry we have questions. So I’m thinking if Dwayne can get Terry over 1,000 yards he essentially has 4 not huge names he needs to be a leader and develop a comfort for certain things to make them play above their expected impact. 

I am hoping that this guy shuts everyone up. I don’t need 10 wins and a blind playoff appearance where we look lost out there. But what I do need is to see him playing like a guy who puts his weapons in a spot to make a play for him. Watching Terry catch the most amazing photo opp catches last year was amazing. This year I want to see him catching balls in stride and get him YAC. I’m hoping these backs and hopefully Sims and AGG compliment Terry and they can grow together. But it’s up to Dwayne what we’re looking for at that position this offseason. 

tenor.gif

This needs to be quoted and locked into its own thread.  Well done. 

• Like 1

Catch the Ball, Get Open, Protect Me, I Gotcha Coach. Seems Haskins has done all the things Asked of Him now other's must Follow Suit. Rivera has said great things about Haskins and named him the Starter so that says Haskins is Doing His Part. 

He can't catch balls or protect himself. I'll get put my guys in position to compete. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 9:50 AM, Vladimir L said:

Say Haskin has a 20 td 20 int 5200 yards type of year and we go 6-10 lets say just a Jaimies Winston type of year

we arent bad enough to land lawrencr or fields how do we proceed?

Trade 3 firsts & a 2nd to move up and draft Fields??

haha jk

You take the BPA

13 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

tipping derek jeter GIF

49 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

How would you guys feel about Carr here?

We could draft a left tackle and build an oline

He had a solid year with no good wr

Unless Haskins is really looking lost this season, I don't think another middling veteran should be starting under center for us (barring injury, of course.). I don't see any need to try and trade for or sign Carr. 

• Like 1

We are in the early stage of a building process. New coach, new system, lack of playmakers on Offense and plus no preseason games equals slow start. Now there are exception but they few and far between. Lets roll with Haskins and be patient. On the plus side 2 key points. Our D should keep us hanging around in some games but the lack of production on  Offense will have some serious ramification on our D. Second: In comparison to the previous  coaching staff we have to admit the Rivera staff is far better. That's a BIG!!! plus guys and we should not under estimate this. We have a lot of hole on this team. But over all the only direction is up not down 

Edited by 4209
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

How would you guys feel about Carr here?

He had a solid year with no good wr

Definitely in agreement with the second option but would be reluctant to drive that  broken CAR down the road. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Unless Haskins is really looking lost this season, I don't think another middling veteran should be starting under center for us (barring injury, of course.). I don't see any need to try and trade for or sign Carr. 

I hope he plays well but if he looks avg its a hard choice

If he sucks and has more int than tds hes gone

3 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Gruden hates him

Guy had a 70% completions and 28 td wih 11 int

however they feel he doesnt push the ball down field

My first response was going to be "When did Jay ever care about pushing the ball down field?"

Then I remembered that he wasn't trading on his brother's name anymore since his brother came out of the booth.

Honestly asking: who do they have that go down field that would make that a feasible option? Based on their depth chart, they're starting two rookies and second year player.

4 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

I hope he plays well but if he looks avg its a hard choice

If he sucks and has more int than tds hes gone

It all depends on the film and whose fault those INTs are.  

He's got to improve on things from last year, including but not limited to mechanics, progression, decision making and leadership.  Those may or may not show up in the stat sheets.