If we suck but cant get a top 3 pick to land a qb what do we do?

Vladimir L

4 hours ago, Woz said:

My first response was going to be "When did Jay ever care about pushing the ball down field?"

Then I remembered that he wasn't trading on his brother's name anymore since his brother came out of the booth.

Honestly asking: who do they have that go down field that would make that a feasible option? Based on their depth chart, they're starting two rookies and second year player.

Jon Gruden, Vlad is talking about David Carr and should we be interested in 2021 if Haskins doesn’t progress?

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, Woz said:

My first response was going to be "When did Jay ever care about pushing the ball down field?"

Then I remembered that he wasn't trading on his brother's name anymore since his brother came out of the booth.

Honestly asking: who do they have that go down field that would make that a feasible option? Based on their depth chart, they're starting two rookies and second year player.

please read below Gruden and the fans hatebhim they brought an 18M a year back up

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That happens when you trade away Amari Cooper which, was Gruden’s dumb decision.

That happens when you trade away Amari Cooper which, was Gruden’s dumb decision.

Fans see him as we saw Alex Smith before the injury but the Raiders run alot of 3 TE set and have no markee wr

10 hours ago, Woz said:

please read below Gruden and the fans hatebhim they brought an 18M a year back up

Fans see him as we saw Alex Smith before the injury but the Raiders run alot of 3 TE set and have no markee wr

7 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Not this fan, I liked Alex Smith but not as much as Kirk. The receiving talent at WR had been depleted by Cheap Brice Allen & people blame the QBs - Kirk & Alex. Come on man, doesn’t pass the smell test.

Brice didn’t keep either of our two 1000 yard WRs in 2017. In 2017 Ryan Grant was our most consistent WR - who shouldn’t be more than a 4 or 5 - and Crowder, CT & Reed battled injuries. In 2018 PRich, Cowder, CT & Reed all battles injuries at different points. At one point our #3 WR was Maurice Harris who two years later was out of the league.

What do you think is going to happen to the passing offense?

Edited by turtle28

The argument for Kirk can continue but the argument to put pieces around Haskins is a problem. I really don't understand. 

Haskins has 1 serviceable WR going into his 2nd year and 1st year in this system. A second year WR who had 919 yards and 7 TDs his rookie year. 

I'm lost as to what fans in the forum really want from this Team. I'm not sure if it's a Super Bowl. 

Edited by Skins212689

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

The argument for Kirk can continue but the argument to put pieces around Haskins is a problem. I really don't understand. 

Haskins has 1 serviceable WR going into his 2nd year and 1st year in this system. A second year WR who had 919 yards and 7 TDs his rookie year. 

I'm lost as to what fans in the forum really want from this Team. I'm not sure if it's a Super Bowl. 

We all want a SuperBowl.

But be honest. Were you expecting one this year?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Not with this Roster. 

How is Kirk Cousin's gonna help Us get one? 

I was addressing this part of your comment. 

but the argument to put pieces around Haskins is a problem. I really don't understand. 

Kirk's not here. We're discussing the pieces that are placed around Haskins, are we not? 

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Kirk's not here. We're discussing the pieces that are placed around Haskins, are we not? 

Yes I was and with this Roster on offense their not Super Bowl Contenders. 

I also was addressing the forum keep mentioning Kirk Cousin's when he's no longer here. 

Let’s be real here, if we suck it’s going to be really bad due to the lack of talent on offense and the disaster that appears to be the OL. With that said, Rivera is taking Fields or Lawrence. I’d be shocked if he does anything different. Haskins wasn’t his pick. 

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Yes I was and with this Roster on offense their not Super Bowl Contenders. 

I also was addressing the forum keep mentioning Kirk Cousin's when he's no longer here. 

Ah, gotcha. Well, I think the ones that wanted to keep him also wanted to keep DJax and Garcon which would've helped us, IMHO.

As for this roster, I agree. But it is what it is. Right now, we need to temper expectations given what we have on the roster. I did a long post about turning things around. I don't expect us to be 8-8 (or 9-7) until next year.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Ah, gotcha. Well, I think the ones that wanted to keep him also wanted to keep DJax and Garcon which would've helped us, IMHO.

As for this roster, I agree. But it is what it is. Right now, we need to temper expectations given what we have on the roster. I did a long post about turning things around. I don't expect us to be 8-8 (or 9-7) until next year.

And people over Cousin's are tryna focus on this Season and the Future to a Super Bowl.

Have Rivera give Haskins a Jackson/Garcon combo moving forward to help him and this offense get past the 8-8 or 9-7 days to more like 10-6 or better in route to Playoff wins witch can lead to Super Bowls Wins. 

Yes Wins with a S! 

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

He got upset bc I mentioned Kirk & Alex, are we not supposed to name our former players? It’s kind of impossible not to do that. It’s also hard for me to not imagine what could’ve been if DJax & Terry were together, Reed had stayed healthy & we still had Kirk on offense. 

Why can’t I dream? Haha 😂 

Talk about agreeing to disagree, another perfect example. He and I don’t agree on Kirk, we’ve established that, why would we be arguing over it anymore? Why get upset bc someone wants to draw a line of what could’ve been if we had kept most of the passing game in tact & had this young DL we have right now?

It’s what I envisioned if we had kept Kirk & DJax and then drafted a few good defenders in 2018, 2019 & now 2020 w/ Chase... of course if we had kept Djax & Kirk we wouldn’t have been 3-13 and able to get Chase but maybe we get a LT prospect, Chaisson, a LB like Murray LB or a WR Instead.

Edited by turtle28