Potential Trades

xrade

8 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Edoga has held his own at RT. If we can get something meaningful (day 2 pick) for Fant, I’m ok trading him since Edoga has been just as good if not better.

Im not ok with trading Crowder. He’s a solid #2 option.

Ya the sample size of Edoga this season isn't enough for me to anoint him as a decent starter. But he for sure progressed from last year. From a skill set standpoint he could've been a 1st Rounder. But he needed some work. A lot of us knew that. Look at nearly every mock I made that draft. I included Edoga in nearly every one bc of how much I liked him and the tools he had.  He got thrown to the wolves quickly last year. Which doesn't look like it hurt him too much. Maybe it even helped him. But if he can be an answer for us at RT and with Becton at LT. To have 2 good young OTs like that is HUGE. 

Guys I want us to hang onto are Crowder, Darnold and Herndon. I think we need all 3 of these guys for the rest of the season. Each for seperate reasons.

Crowder: He's one of the better slot WRs in the NFL. We don't need to shed the salary or him, and it would be nice to have him for Darnold or TLaw next year. I think we should not get rid of him quite yet. If we want to trade him after the season but pre draft, I'd be more open to the idea. But I just don't think we're in a position to be getting rid of WRs.

Darnold: We simply cant trade him until we know we have the 1st pick. Plain and simple.

Herndon: I've been very critical of Herndon. What I will say though is that I don't think Herndon the player is the problem. Its a product of Gase. I don't think we should trade a good TE talent bc of an awful HC that doesn't use him right. Keep him around for a new HC and maybe even a new QB.

And I'm torn on if I want to trade Maye. I don't think he's resigning with us anyway. So that's why I lean toward us trading him. And he's not good enough to tag. 

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Guys I want us to hang onto are Crowder, Darnold and Herndon. I think we need all 3 of these guys for the rest of the season. Each for seperate reasons.

Crowder: He's one of the better slot WRs in the NFL. We don't need to shed the salary or him, and it would be nice to have him for Darnold or TLaw next year. I think we should not get rid of him quite yet. If we want to trade him after the season but pre draft, I'd be more open to the idea. But I just don't think we're in a position to be getting rid of WRs.

Darnold: We simply cant trade him until we know we have the 1st pick. Plain and simple.

Herndon: I've been very critical of Herndon. What I will say though is that I don't think Herndon the player is the problem. Its a product of Gase. I don't think we should trade a good TE talent bc of an awful HC that doesn't use him right. Keep him around for a new HC and maybe even a new QB.

And I'm torn on if I want to trade Maye. I don't think he's resigning with us anyway. So that's why I lean toward us trading him. And he's not good enough to tag. 

Wait, what?  Don't trade Darnold until we know about our future potential QB situation?  Keep Herndon?  Bobby is this you or did your account get hacked?

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Wait, what?  Don't trade Darnold until we know about our future potential QB situation?  Keep Herndon?  Bobby is this you or did your account get hacked?

I've never once said I don't like Herndon. My issue was with people calling him this great/good TE with a sample size of a few games his rookie year they were basing that off of. I wasn't ready to anoint him anything great yet, when others were. And this year shows that I was correct. But I stand by that his talent isn't the issue. Its coaching right now. Who knows it could be him once a new coach is brought in. But I'm not ready to give up on him yet. Let's see what he can do with a new HC.

Regarding Darnold... I stand by that I don't think he's the issue on this team. Unfortunately for him if we get the 1st pick he more than likely will be sacrificed. Whether I think that's smart or not... doesn't matter. Bc we just cant pass up on a guy like TLaw if we are drafting 1st. But lets not act like us getting the 1st pick is a done deal. There's like 7 1 win teams still out there and we have a hard strength of schedule, so we could with a win really hurt our draft spot. So we cant trade Darnold now without being guaranteed the 1st pick. Now during the FA/pre draft time... if we do have the 1st pick... I fully expect us to trade Darnold. BUT I do think we wont just give him away. It will have to be a 1st or a very early 2nd to trade him IMO.

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I've never once said I don't like Herndon. My issue was with people calling him this great/good TE with a sample size of a few games his rookie year they were basing that off of. I wasn't ready to anoint him anything great yet, when others were. And this year shows that I was correct. But I stand by that his talent isn't the issue. Its coaching right now. Who knows it could be him once a new coach is brought in. But I'm not ready to give up on him yet. Let's see what he can do with a new HC.

Regarding Darnold... I stand by that I don't think he's the issue on this team. Unfortunately for him if we get the 1st pick he more than likely will be sacrificed. Whether I think that's smart or not... doesn't matter. Bc we just cant pass up on a guy like TLaw if we are drafting 1st. But lets not act like us getting the 1st pick is a done deal. There's like 7 1 win teams still out there and we have a hard strength of schedule, so we could with a win really hurt our draft spot. So we cant trade Darnold now without being guaranteed the 1st pick. Now during the FA/pre draft time... if we do have the 1st pick... I fully expect us to trade Darnold. BUT I do think we wont just give him away. It will have to be a 1st or a very early 2nd to trade him IMO.

I was one of those guys that thought Herndon was going to really help us this year.  I was wrong on that.  I do not think it is just coaching or play calling with him.  He is dropping easy passes.  I can appreciate he is one the few receivers getting open, but drops are a focus thing.  Most NFL coaches will not tolerate easy drops or fumbles.  Should we keep him? I dunno.  No need to create another hole, I guess.  But if we have the option of getting Jonnu Smith, Robert Tonyan, Hunter Henry, and, to a lesser degree, Gerald Everett, get one or two and ditch Herndon.  Like Sam, time has run out on whether he can be good or not

2 hours ago, xrade said:

I was one of those guys that thought Herndon was going to really help us this year.  I was wrong on that.  I do not think it is just coaching or play calling with him.  He is dropping easy passes.  I can appreciate he is one the few receivers getting open, but drops are a focus thing.  Most NFL coaches will not tolerate easy drops or fumbles.  Should we keep him? I dunno.  No need to create another hole, I guess.  But if we have the option of getting Jonnu Smith, Robert Tonyan, Hunter Henry, and, to a lesser degree, Gerald Everett, get one or two and ditch Herndon.  Like Sam, time has run out on whether he can be good or not

No got to give him one more year.  Showed too much promise as a rookie to give up right now.  

Can we talk some Bryce Huff for a minute too.  Dude looks legit and could be a really nice find by JD. 

The rest of this season is slowly becoming watchable.  Guys like Huff, Zugina, JFM, Q, Davis, Jackson, Hall, Mims, Perine, Big Ticket, etc all finally getting healthy.  At least we got something root for.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya the sample size of Edoga this season isn't enough for me to anoint him as a decent starter. But he for sure progressed from last year. From a skill set standpoint he could've been a 1st Rounder. But he needed some work. A lot of us knew that. Look at nearly every mock I made that draft. I included Edoga in nearly every one bc of how much I liked him and the tools he had.  He got thrown to the wolves quickly last year. Which doesn't look like it hurt him too much. Maybe it even helped him. But if he can be an answer for us at RT and with Becton at LT. To have 2 good young OTs like that is HUGE. 

Oh yea definitely. The sample size is not big enough to say he’s the long term answer.

But I’m comfortable enough to give him the job for this year if we are able to get a 2nd or a 3rd for Fant. We can then assess Edoga for the rest of year.

I guess what I’m saying is that Edoga and Fant seem interchangeable for this season.

1 minute ago, SDotNova said:

Oh yea definitely. The sample size is not big enough to say he’s the long term answer.

But I’m comfortable enough to give him the job for this year if we are able to get a 2nd or a 3rd for Fant. We can then assess Edoga for the rest of year.

I guess what I’m saying is that Edoga and Fant seem interchangeable for this season.

Which I’m ok with. We’d rather have Edoga actually start as fans to have to young book end OTs. That’s what we should be cheering for.

Only issue I really see is that it puts us thin at OT and the OLine as a whole to trade Fant. We aren’t very deep On the OL. If Edoga can start that great bc we can cut Fant in the offseason being he’s scheduled to make like 9millz

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

No got to give him one more year.  Showed too much promise as a rookie to give up right now.  

Can we talk some Bryce Huff for a minute too.  Dude looks legit and could be a really nice find by JD. 

The rest of this season is slowly becoming watchable.  Guys like Huff, Zugina, JFM, Q, Davis, Jackson, Hall, Mims, Perine, Big Ticket, etc all finally getting healthy.  At least we got something root for.

Agree with you and Bobby on Herndon. I want to see him with another OC before trading him. He showed flashes his rookie season.

Huff has looked pretty good. Kind of excited about it. If Zuniga can flash, we may have a decent set of players on the front 7. Franklin-Myers, Q and Foly have played descent as well.  We may just need to add 1 guy instead of having to revamp the whole unit.

I’ve been torn on Maye as well. But I think trading him is the right move. I’m surprised to see he’s just a FS who is good at being that last safety net. I expected him to excel in that SS role. Since Davis is our FS of the future, we should probably trade Maye if we can get something meaningful for him. 

Edited by SDotNova

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Agree with you and Bobby on Herndon. I want to see him with another OC before trading him. He showed flashes his rookie season.

Huff has looked pretty good. Kind of excited about it. If Zuniga can flash, we may have a decent set of players on the front 7. Franklin-Myers, Q and Foly have played descent as well.  We may just need to add 1 guy instead of having to revamp the whole unit.

Honestly, the front 7 outside of EDGE is kind of OK. It would not be a position group I would assign too many resources to. EDGE being the exception.

There was a poster here a while ago that had a chart that reflected physically tested traits and the outcome as a pass rusher. Does anyone remember that spreadsheet?  If so, is there any way to retrieve it?  I am not sure if old threads transferred over when the site changed. I would kind of like to see where Zuniga tested. 

Edited by xrade

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Honestly, the front 7 outside of EDGE is kind of OK. It would not be a position group I would assign too many resources to. EDGE being the exception.

There was a poster here a while ago that had a chart that reflected physically tested traits and the outcome as a pass rusher. Does anyone remember that spreadsheet?  If so, is there any way to retrieve it?  I am not sure if old threads transferred over when the site changed. I would kind of like to see where Zuniga tested. 

I do remember that thread. I was able to find it a couple of years ago. I’ll see if I can find it again. It’s going to be on the old site though.

I think the poster you are referring went by Waldo. I tried searching for Waldo’s formula but no luck so far.

Edited by SDotNova

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Shoot got lucky and found it. It’s movie night with the family. So I won’t have time to punch the numbers in. But here it is.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=439601

12 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Those you mentioned, plus  Darnold, Crowder, McGovern, Fatukasi, Egoda, Jeff Smith, Ty Johnson, Austin, Clark,  and probably Poole, Cashman. Luvu,  and Wesco are the only players I wouldn’t trade or cut. We could possibly get a 4th for Maye If we trade him now, maybe a 5th Or 6th for Williamson and Fant. If we get a 7th for anybody else it would be a steal on our part.