Potential Trades

xrade

If the Jets end up number 1 overall do you trade the pick? Let's say the team picking 2 wants to move up and they are willing to give you pick 2 overall and next years first along with this year 3rd. Then you take Fields or someone else. Would you do it? 

I say no way. I don't care what they offer. You have to take Trevor Lawrence. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

If the Jets end up number 1 overall do you trade the pick? Let's say the team picking 2 wants to move up and they are willing to give you pick 2 overall and next years first along with this year 3rd. Then you take Fields or someone else. Would you do it? 

I think future picks are VERY overrated. If there's close to a can't miss player right in front of you at the most important position in the game. You draft him NO MATTER (within reason) what the package is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm happy with either. 

Both had questionable times last season, but I have them both really close. They're looking sharper this season. I know where the hype is, but no one have been able to describe a big difference between the two outside of TL's running. 

5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Agree with this.  If you are the GM, you do not want something like that to come back and bite you in the ***.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think future picks are VERY overrated. If there's close to a can't miss player right in front of you at the most important position in the game. You draft him NO MATTER (within reason) what the package is. 

When you dealing with future picks you can get rick and you also can go broke. especially when you have a sure player ( Trever Lawrence ) for you to draft. I don't know how we can pass up or TL. we have to draft him. Look what Joe Namath did for the Jets, TL can do the same for the Jets 57 years later. I am sick and tired of being the class clowns of the NFL

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Indy needs a QB badly.  Not sure what we are getting for Sam.  If they make a run we can push a late first from them.  If they don't make the playoffs it might be 2nd plus conditional if they give him an extension.  JD should get creative and do 2nd plus conditional 1-3.

You talk about after Jets drafting qb right?

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

You talk about after Jets drafting qb right?

Nope, before the draft.

Indy- have to see where they finish

ATL- 2nd round pick

NO- think they like Hill?  If they get rid of Thomas then maybe they'll dance

Pitt- maybe squeeze their 1st

Wash- 2nd unless they draft 2nd

Bears- 2nd

Lions- 2nd

Vikes- 2nd

Unless it's a top 2nd I'm hoping for 2nd then conditional 2022 based off performance or resigning.

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Nope, before the draft.

Indy- have to see where they finish

ATL- 2nd round pick

NO- think they like Hill?  If they get rid of Thomas then maybe they'll dance

Pitt- maybe squeeze their 1st

Wash- 2nd unless they draft 2nd

Bears- 2nd

Lions- 2nd

Vikes- 2nd

Unless it's a top 2nd I'm hoping for 2nd then conditional 2022 based off performance or resigning.

A team has to be aggressive to pull the trade for Darnold prior 21 draft. I doubt it but I am fine with it.    Saints have to fix their salary cap first before worrying about qb situation.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

A team has to be aggressive to pull the trade for Darnold prior 21 draft. I doubt it but I am fine with it.    Saints have to fix their salary cap first before worrying about qb situation.

Not to mention NO has Winston who I suspect is being groomed to replace Brees. Pitt and ATL can’t afford a QB. Pitt may stick with Rudolf and ATL will draft one.  Vikes  would most likely need to trade Cousins before trading for another QB. Bears are tight against the cap as well. Lions, Wash, Ind, NE (?), Dal(?), SF may all be possibilities. 

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

Not to mention NO has Winston who I suspect is being groomed to replace Brees. Pitt and ATL can’t afford a QB. Pitt may stick with Rudolf and ATL will draft one.  Vikes  would most likely need to trade Cousins before trading for another QB. Bears are tight against the cap as well. Lions, Wash, Ind, NE (?), Dal(?), SF may all be possibilities. 

I believe Winston will be FA after this season.   

Edit: OTC confirmed.

Edited by JetsandI

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Is Darnold any good or even saveable at this point?

Lots of buzz connecting him to the Bears.

Different opinions from different guys.

For me he's not the problem. That being said... he hasn't played good at all this season. When he finished the season great last season.

Our issue is coaching and weapons. We didn't give darnold enough to help him in 3 years. Period. And thats on our GMs.

15 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Is Darnold any good or even saveable at this point?

Lots of buzz connecting him to the Bears.

I guess we will find out after the bye when him, Becton, Perriman, Crowder and Mims are all in the lineup.  Flacco looking WAY BETTER (minus the 4th quarter) than his first start this year with all 3 WRs in the lineup.  I would expect Sam to look the same but he's had atrocious footwork and mechanics this year.  He looks like he's waiting to get hit and afraid to get hit.  I don't blame him he has taken a beating and has been banged up because of it.  Confidence is definitely at an all time low.