Potential Trades

xrade

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

No thanks

No thanks to which part?  All of it?  You would not want to buy a top 10 pick next year?  Hell, make Kirk the backup and start Lawrence, assuming we draft him or another top 5 QB next year.  It is the Osweiler Plan.  I could care less if we get Kirk, I just want another 1st especially from a one win team ATM.

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

No thanks to which part?  All of it?  You would not want to buy a top 10 pick next year?  Hell, make Kirk the backup and start Lawrence, assuming we draft him or another top 5 QB next year.  It is the Osweiler Plan.  I could care less if we get Kirk, I just want another 1st especially from a one win team ATM.

He probably doesn't want anything that restricts his dream kids' play time.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Cousins and top 10 pick for just Darnold?   Hell yes.  Cousins isn't going to bring Jets to SB but will be an excellent stopgap for number 1 pick.

I heard that Jets had an offer on the table for Andy Dalton last offseason but Dalton went to Dalls.  Cousins definitely is better choice despite of large salary cap.

Sorry to disappoint us that Vikings won't go for it.

In theory it is crazy, I know.  But if you read the article it is suggesting that the Vikes ($14M in the hole ATM in 2021) would need to trade Kirk just to avoid paying him $35M next year.  If they cut him, they go $24M in the hole.  They can keep him but his horrendous play of late and his high salary next year on a team that isn't very good it would make sense to try and get out from under the contract.  About the only viable way is via trade and since the receiving team would be doing the Vikes a favor, it would cost the Vikes a draft pick.  Assuming the Jets offer Darnold it could be a first.  Again it is the Osweiler Plan.

I thought it was an interesting. 

Edited by xrade

9 minutes ago, xrade said:

In theory it is crazy, I know.  But if you read the article it is suggesting that the Vikes ($14M in the hole ATM in 2021) would need to trade Kirk just to avoid paying him $35M next year.  If they cut him, they go $34M in the hole.  They can keep him but his horrendous play of late and his high salary next year on a team that isn't very good it would make sense to try and get out from under the contract.  About the only viable way is via trade and since the receiving team would be doing the Vikes a favor, it would cost the Vikes a draft pick.  Assuming the Jets offer Darnold it could be a first.  Again it is the Osweiler Plan.

I thought it was an interesting thought. 

35m guarantee for 2022 could make the Osweiler Plan questionable for any team. Only way to erase this trigger is to cut him loose.  Tough Luck, Vikings.

Anthony Harris the safety could be cut for 10m saving.   June 1st designation cut on TE Kyle Randolph could save 8m.  And some restructures can be done. 

I think it is best for Vikings to keep Cousins until the contract expires. 1-5 record makes it worse because they have enough talents to reach NFC championship.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

So bring in a overpaid average QB that might win us a couple games that in turn puts us out in the TLaw sweepstakes. On top of that... Darnold in MIN would probably be a success. So that dream of if you havin a top 10 pick doesn't seem likely.

There's not a thing I like about that trade at all.

32 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So bring in a overpaid average QB that might win us a couple games that in turn puts us out in the TLaw sweepstakes. On top of that... Darnold in MIN would probably be a success. So that dream of if you havin a top 10 pick doesn't seem likely.

There's not a thing I like about that trade at all.

You missed the point there.  This is all assuming Jets secure #1 pick, as per the article.  This would also happen in the offseason or late this season when all hope is really lost.

I hate hypothetic trades they never come to fruition. We also end up with the short end  of  the stick  when we do a normal trade. Like all these high first round picks we had the last five or so years, when we traded them for a third round pick. Then everybody says why are we the worst team in the NFL. If we do end up with Trevor Lawrence, what do yo think we will get for Darnold, Sam cost us the third over all pick in the draft plus two second round picks. As thing stand now no way we will even get a first round pick for him, not the way he has been playing. Is this Darnold fault hell no both Darnold & Rosen both got a lousy deal. What do you think Darnold is thinking right now looking over his shoulder and seeing Lawrence, in the Jets future. Who knows who we will get when we pick around 29 or 30 with the pick from Seahawks, in the Adams trade. Who know where we pick in 2021 with the second first round pick we got from the Seahawks. 

Now that you people got me all wound up with all this trade talk, if you  think the Jet ownership and GM are useless and stupid now , Let me take you back 44 years when the great John Riggins was a Jet, and the Jets didn't want to pay him more than what he was making which was $63000, per year and the Jet said we will not pay him a penny more, so he sign with Redskins for $1,500,000 a year. And the rest is history one year he rushed for 24 TD's MVP in the Super Bowl & a member of the Hall of Fame. So we got a long history of being stupid.

Edited by doumeyer

15 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I hate hypothetic trades they never come to fruition. We also end up with the short end  of  the stick  when we do a normal trade. Like all these high first round picks we had the last five or so years, when we traded them for a third round pick. Then everybody says why are we the worst team in the NFL. If we do end up with Trevor Lawrence, what do yo think we will get for Darnold, Sam cost us the third over all pick in the draft plus two second round picks. As thing stand now no way we will even get a first round pick for him, not the way he has been playing. Is this Darnold fault hell no both Darnold & Rosen both got a lousy deal. What do you think Darnold is thinking right now looking over his shoulder and seeing Lawrence, in the Jets future. Who knows who we will get when we pick around 29 or 30 with the pick from Seahawks, in the Adams trade. Who know where we pick in 2021 with the second first round pick we got from the Seahawks. 

Did you read the article?  All trades are hypothetical until they happen.  It was more a thinking piece rather than conjecture.

16 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Now that you people got we all wound up with all this trade talk, if you  think the Jet ownership and GM are useless and stupid now , Let me take you back 44 years when the great John Riggins was a Jet, and the Jets didn't want to pay him more than what he was making which was $63000, per year and the Jet said we will not pay him a penny more, so he sign with Redskins for $1,500,000 a year. And the rest is history one year he rushed for 24 TD's MVP in the Super Bowl & a member of the Hall of Fame. So we got a long history of being stupid.

This guy gets it. The Jets are famous for not paying its stars since this franchise was formed. The Jets are tanking so bad now we know that the Jets will be picking number 1. They have a HUGE chance to change things around fast. If Trump wins in November that means Woody stays away for another 4 years. If Trump loses that means Woody is coming back. I don't now if I wand Woody back or not. The key thing is you HAVE to put trust into JD and let him make the decisions WITH the HC input. This is the turning point for the Jets. You take T Law and add a GREAT your minded HC that knows his O. You then pair him with a veteran DC guy. This is the way to go because the Rams, Cards and 49ers have shown this will work. 

HC guys that we should look at

L. Riley

B. Daboll 

D. Swiney

A. Smith

K. Moore

B. Leftwich

S. Steichen (wild card OC for the Chargers) I like him a lot. He is only 35 too. 

I think one of these guys would be great for the HC job

HC vets that I would not mind 

D. Peterson (If he is let go)

Jay Gruden

The DC guy to pair with the HC

Rex Ryan ( I know it will not happen but you need a guy like this to clean this mess up)

Wade Phillips

R. Crennel

Ken Norton jr.

Jeff Fisher ( Yes Jeff he has always had a great D.)

• Like 1

From the way JD is operating I am not so sure he is a big free agent fan. He could go after one  or two at the most, only if they are top players, and they filled a huge need. and most trades in the NFL are tough and they usually involve draft picks. When we trade a good player like Robby Anderson, and get a third round pick. Anderson is worth a lot more than a third round pick. Sure seems like he wants to build the Jets thru the draft, like 70% of the people wanted to do. Most of us think he did a better than average job in his first draft as Jets GM. I guess we won't know his final grade to we see how Mims, pans out.