Potential Trades

xrade

9 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Shoot got lucky and found it. It’s movie night with the family. So I won’t have time to punch the numbers in. But here it is.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=439601

Damn, you're good.  Waldo.  Funny thing about family movie night, at least for me, is that if the movie sucks I am thinking about football.  God, I need a life.

1 hour ago, Rich51 said:

@xradeZuniga didn’t run the shuttle or 3 cone which are required by Waldo’s formula

Crap.  Thanks.  I am going to redo this spreadsheet and see if I can incorporate into posts.  Pass rushers are so difficult to evaluate.  Along with QB, they me be the most difficult.

Edited by xrade

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Crap.  Thanks.  I am going to redo this spreadsheet and see if I can incorporate into posts.  Pass rushers are so difficult to evaluate.  Along with QB, they me be the most difficult.

The thing with Z is that he’s not exactly this big speed edge. He’s more of a do everything above average guy. Than a great at a single thing guy. I know people won’t like the comparison. But his skill set is the most like a combo of Coples and Jenkins who we’ve drafted. 

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

So is Quinnen Williams really a bust?

No he’s not a bust at all. He wasn’t good as a rookie, but has been good this year.

Our GM is only listening to offers if it’s a 1st rounder in return. Which I doubt we get (but who knows). Reason why is he didn’t draft him and I don’t think he values interior DL as a premium position.

So I believe it’s pretty black and white. If they can get a 1st for him he’s traded. If not, he’s happy keeping him.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No he’s not a bust at all. He wasn’t good as a rookie, but has been good this year.

Our GM is only listening to offers if it’s a 1st rounder in return. Which I doubt we get (but who knows). Reason why is he didn’t draft him and I don’t think he values interior DL as a premium position.

So I believe it’s pretty black and white. If they can get a 1st for him he’s traded. If not, he’s happy keeping him.

And let’s not forget he was a little injured last year. Hell, if JD is offered a first for any player besides Becton, he better listen. Although I do think Q will be an above average DT. 

52 minutes ago, D82 said:

So is Quinnen Williams really a bust?

Not even close he's been great this year and looks like a future all pro.  Without a doubt one of the few bright spots this season.  Only DT in the top 10 both pass rush and run stop win rate.  He's got 17 run stuffs losing 2+ yards.  He's everything we thought he was going to be.

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Unless it's a high 1 I don't think he'd move him.  If it's a late 1 I think it would take more for JD to make the deal.

Q doesn't move the needle for me.  He's not a bust but he's not a valuable leader or difference maker.  I take a 1st and run.  I don't notice a difference with the defense whether he is on the field or not.  

We need as much offensive talent as possible or at least use him to grab an edge rusher which would be a bigger help for the defense.  Unfortunately this looks like a player who if we put on a better team would play better.

11 hours ago, xrade said:

Damn, you're good.  Waldo.  Funny thing about family movie night, at least for me, is that if the movie sucks I am thinking about football.  God, I need a life.

Lol. I usually fall asleep while we’re watching the movie. My kids like to make fun of me for that.