Depth Chart released (it's blurry, sorry)

Few things:

1) JD McKissic listed as the starter

2) Shaun Dion over Thomas Davis and Bostic over Cole

3) I know we have an abundance, and it might change depending on defensive lineup, but The Greek being a backup was interesting. 

4) I wasn't surprised by it, but seeing Kerrigan as a backup was weird. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Few things:

1) JD McKissic listed as the starter

2) Shaun Dion over Thomas Davis and Bostic over Cole

3) I know we have an abundance, and it might change depending on defensive lineup, but The Greek being a backup was interesting. 

4) I wasn't surprised by it, but seeing Kerrigan as a backup was weird. 

Mckissic as starter was 1st thing I noticed,but guessing they might throw him out there 1st series to try to help with Gibsons nerves I expect to see at least 3 HBs get touches this week maybe all 4 if active

Also expect a lot of movement/players at DLine and LBer so the chart didn't really matter there to me.

Interesting thing to me was seeing on paper how thin we are at Outside WR only Gandy Golden listed at backup,guess Sims could slide out and a hb and wright take the slot but only having 1 designated backup at outside wr was a little unnearving.

12 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Mckissic as starter was 1st thing I noticed,but guessing they might throw him out there 1st series to try to help with Gibsons nerves I expect to see at least 3 HBs get touches this week maybe all 4 if active

I fully expect you are correct here.

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

SDH and KPL starting.  So, I'm going to be annoying and remind you all that I called this after watching film of KPL:

Don't throw out your shoulder patting yourself on the back there, HTTR! :D:D:D

• Like 1
6 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

SDH and KPL starting.  So, I'm going to be annoying and remind you all that I called this after watching film of KPL:

While I would like for him to be successful, I don;t think we should be investing serious starting minutes in a 29 year old linebacker who is not going to be a real part of the team's future. 

Couple things that stand out to me:  

1.) I know we dont have a FB, and that is why three WR's are mentioned, but why don't we also state the nickel corner as well?  

2.) Alex Smith being third indicates that there is no serious consideration to him playing this year.  

3.) I wouldn't read anything into the DL depth chart, expect a lot of rotating around and plenty of snaps for all involved.  

4.) I don't know what to feel about corner.......glad that Darby ended up as the starter, or disappointed that Moreau didn't show more.  Again, would also help to know how they feel about how the team lines up in nickel.  

25 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

1.) I know we dont have a FB, and that is why three WR's are mentioned, but why don't we also state the nickel corner as well?  

Because then you would have 12 people starting. That would be bad.

27 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

2.) Alex Smith being third indicates that there is no serious consideration to him playing this year.  

As there shouldn't be. Not only from an injury perspective but also a long term building perspective.

Alex Smith is solely on the roster because his salary is guaranteed right now. Next year, when its not? He's going to be looking for a new job (whether that's a QB on another team (highly unlikely), a coach, or a commenatotr).

28 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

3.) I wouldn't read anything into the DL depth chart, expect a lot of rotating around and plenty of snaps for all involved.  

Only thing I quibble with is Anderson over JSW, but I understand why. Hopefully that is not the case when the season is over.

29 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

4.) I don't know what to feel about corner.......glad that Darby ended up as the starter, or disappointed that Moreau didn't show more.  Again, would also help to know how they feel about how the team lines up in nickel.  

And this might be why they went with a conventional "only 2 starting corners listed" since there is zero tape of anything right now.