Depth Chart released (it's blurry, sorry)

MikeT14

34 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I thought next year they were going to start spending on FAs to fill out the roster a bit, once they’ve had their evaluation year? Can’t imagine there will be comp picks to be had, unless they’re planning to sit out free agency to an even greater extent than they did this past offseason.

Well I think people need to decide then how they want to build this team, I’ve decided and I like what they’re doing.

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well I think people need to decide then how they want to build this team, I’ve decided and I like what they’re doing.

I don’t think I’ve ever made a big secret of how I think teams should be built. 

Build primarily through the draft. Put emphasis on increasing quantity of picks. Value comp picks by focusing on quality instead of quantity in FA. Be aggressive in FA when high-end talents at need positions are available. Prioritize players who don’t count toward the comp pick formula (particularly released players). Understand the necessity of competing during rookie QB contract before money skyrockets and drastically limits the team’s flexibility. 

To this point, they’ve basically ignored all those items except for building primarily through the draft. Which is the most important one, so that’s good. But I don’t think I’m being unfair or untrue to the principles I’ve held on this board for almost two decades when I criticize them for not doing those things. 

• Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 8:19 PM, e16bball said:

I don’t think I’ve ever made a big secret of how I think teams should be built. 

Build primarily through the draft. Put emphasis on increasing quantity of picks. Value comp picks by focusing on quality instead of quantity in FA. Be aggressive in FA when high-end talents at need positions are available. Prioritize players who don’t count toward the comp pick formula (particularly released players). Understand the necessity of competing during rookie QB contract before money skyrockets and drastically limits the team’s flexibility. 

To this point, they’ve basically ignored all those items except for building primarily through the draft. Which is the most important one, so that’s good. But I don’t think I’m being unfair or untrue to the principles I’ve held on this board for almost two decades when I criticize them for not doing those things. 

Only get one like, but wish I could give more for this.

AyitSwm.gif

• Like 2