Browns sign Kareem Hunt to 2 year extension

zelbell

A lot will depend on chubb, what happens the next two seasons. 

If he blows it up and doesnt want to extend early, then he goes after maybe another season and gets a big pay day. 

Maybe he blows up, extends early and takes a team friendly deal 4 years and 50 million. 

Also depends on Baker, if baker needs 40 million per year everything gets tough. 

As well as Jarvis and OBJ, if they blow up or have let down years there contracts may need to be moved.

Edited by Kiwibrown

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Also depends on Baker, if baker needs 40 million per year everything gets tough. 

As well as Jarvis and OBJ, if they blow up or have let down years there contracts may need to be moved.

Thank you.

If Baker is average, he might only get paid 25-30 mil. Also like you said, what if Jarvis and OBJ are traded?

If you want to win in the NFL, find something you’re good at. Lock it down financially and build upon it. That’s establishing an identity.

As fans, what are things you are 100% confident will succeed?

1. Myles Garrett rushing the passer and getting 10+ sacks.

2. We will run the ball extremely well. Baltimore might be the only team better than us.

Now I think when healthy, we will be able to defend the pass.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Baker is a scrub midget. Prove me wrong. 

Midget is in today’s world a derogatory term. If you meant dwarfism than you are incredibly incorrect. Baker is 6’-1”. According to dwarfism standards that is much taller than the peak height of 4’-10” :

Q: What is the definition of dwarfism?

A: Little People of America (LPA) defines dwarfism as a medical or genetic condition that usually results in an adult height of 4'10" or shorter, among both men and women, although in some cases a person with a dwarfing condition may be slightly taller than that.The average height of an adult with dwarfism is 4’0, but typical heights range from 2’8 to 4’8.

Consider yourself proven wrong. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Midget is in today’s world a derogatory term.

Midget, in human anatomy, a person of very small stature whose bodily proportions, intelligence, and sexual development are within the normal range.

"This term is often considered pejorative; the term proportionate dwarf is now preferred."

https://www.britannica.com/science/midget-human-anatomy 

So, ok, by NFL standards he is a proportionate dwarf.

Better?

Cool with me. Assuming Chubb keeps it up and stays healthy they’ll prioritize keeping him around. I hope so at least. He’s a guy I’d love to just be a Cleveland guy for life and an icon here wearing brown and orange. Kareem is no slouch obviously. Quite the duo. Now, use some sense and build around your backs on offense.

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

No way.

This is a steal deal that will leave plenty of room for Chubb.

We'll see. I think we tag Chubb after his contract is up, and from there, we see what happens with Ward's health as to whether or not he gets a big extension, Mayfield's production as to whether or not we have to have a "franchise QB" on the books, and then a handful of other guys we may need to look at paying due to potential production at key positions, such as Greedy/Delpit (for all we know we don't want to re-sign them because of injuries/etc.), Conklin, one of our two WR in OBJ/Jarvis or trade them/let them walk, etc.

MAYBE it's Chubb, but I could also see this regime try to get another "Chubb" type in the 2nd Round again, just like we are seeing other teams do (Tennessee with Henry, Baltimore with Dobbins, Saints with Kamara, etc.) at the RB position.

Don't get me wrong, I think Chubb is headed for a HOF career if he stays healthy and I REALLY want to re-sign him and lock him up, but the analytics approach and value/lack of value at the RB spot in a QB driven league says otherwise in 2020, especially when you can't project the health of a RB over a 5+ year period of time.

JMHO

18 hours ago, bruceb said:

I will believe the Mayfield apologists when I see the performance.

You already did. It was just more than a year ago so you apparently forgot.

Like, it's possible he's permanently regressed. But let's not act like he's never shown up before.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

We'll see. I think we tag Chubb after his contract is up, and from there, we see what happens with Ward's health as to whether or not he gets a big extension, Mayfield's production as to whether or not we have to have a "franchise QB" on the books, and then a handful of other guys we may need to look at paying due to potential production at key positions, such as Greedy/Delpit (for all we know we don't want to re-sign them because of injuries/etc.), Conklin, one of our two WR in OBJ/Jarvis or trade them/let them walk, etc.

MAYBE it's Chubb, but I could also see this regime try to get another "Chubb" type in the 2nd Round again, just like we are seeing other teams do (Tennessee with Henry, Baltimore with Dobbins, Saints with Kamara, etc.) at the RB position.

Don't get me wrong, I think Chubb is headed for a HOF career if he stays healthy and I REALLY want to re-sign him and lock him up, but the analytics approach and value/lack of value at the RB spot in a QB driven league says otherwise in 2020, especially when you can't project the health of a RB over a 5+ year period of time.

JMHO

We need to keeping drafting well so we are not dependent on all these guys. 

The guys I want to stuck around for a long time 

Baker

Ward

Myles

Wils

Chubb

Obj 

Imo garrett,obj, ward, and chubb are hof level talents. I hope we help them realize it. 

4 hours ago, FGK said:

Like, it's possible he's permanently regressed. But let's not act like he's never shown up before.

I remember a QB that was above average but well short of sensational.

I am a "what have you done for me lately" person.

The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league.

Mayfield has a lot to prove.

I will believe when I see the performance, and wins.

4 hours ago, FGK said:

Let’s not act like he wasn’t completely boned by the coaching either. Like the stat that came out. He was the Highest graded QB in the nfl last year on opening drives. Freddie had no idea what to do once he was off the prepared script.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Let’s not act like he wasn’t completely boned by the coaching either. Like the stat that came out. He was the Highest graded QB in the nfl last year on opening drives. Freddie had no idea what to do once he was off the prepared script.

Fact. Everything looked great for the first 15 plays--then came the time to call plays off script in the flow of the game and everything went to shambles.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

This is the kind of ish that illustrates just how bad Freddie was.

We’ve seen some bad offenses, but I’ve never seen a coach get less out of more.  The collective of this forum, which isn’t composed of professionals or geniuses mind you, could spot a dozen issues per game.  I couldn’t imagine how amateurish he must have looked to other pros.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Fact. Everything looked great for the first 15 plays--then came the time to call plays off script in the flow of the game and everything went to shambles.

its like freddie didnt call plays he thought were going to work, just going off plays.

It was the bruce arians offense. I bet you freddie prolly called plays that Bruce prolly would have liked. Didnt call plays for the situation or the circumstances. Called plays that Bruce prolly called in similar situations