Browns extend RB Kareem Hunt (2-yr, $13.75M)

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So, uh, did I make a mistake drafting Nick Chubb in Round 1 this year?

I love and hate this. On the one hand, great deal for a premier RB buying low. On the other hand, I bet we lose Chubb in 2021, unless they use the Franchise Tag on him (hopefully). They'll have some dudes to pay coming up in all likelihood.

That’s a steal for a player of Hunt’s caliber (provided he doesn’t do anything stupid). I guess he figured he can make some money now and then sign another big deal at age 28 instead of getting a payout at 26 and then being essentially done after that. Not sure I’d have gone that route but great deal for the Browns.

7 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Stop paying for RB maaaaaaaaan, plus they already got one

Short term. Low price. High talent. This is a steal.

If it wasn't for that off the field incident caught on camera. Sticking with KC and Mahomes, Hunt would be pushing for a contract below McCaffrey and Kamara but in the Joe Mixon and Dalvin Cook range this offseason.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, evilpimp972 said:

Stop paying for RB maaaaaaaaan, plus they already got one

I mean, this is a steal considering how good Hunt is. We have plenty of cap space, so why not keep the best RB duo in the league intact?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Awesome news. And a steal for how talented Hunt is.

And no, @AFlaccoSeagulls, you didn't make a mistake. Chubb will still see a ton of carries, I'm sure.

The only thing that scares me is that Chubb was averaging 19.66 points per game without Hunt down to 12.97 with Hunt and Hunt was the higher scoring back in 6 of the 8 games both Hunt and Chubb played (in PPR formats, at least).

BUT.....Stefanski's offense may revolve around the run more than Kitchens which may result in more rushes per game.

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

The only thing that scares me is that Chubb was averaging 19.66 points per game without Hunt down to 12.97 with Hunt and Hunt was the higher scoring back in 6 of the 8 games both Hunt and Chubb played (in PPR formats, at least).

BUT.....Stefanski's offense may revolve around the run more than Kitchens which may result in more rushes per game.

This. It was criminal how badly Kitchens utilized Chubb and Hunt together, especially considering how badly the passing game struggled for much of the season.

And Chubb really, really excelled in outside zone, which will be our bread and butter.

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

Don't like the idea of dealing with chubb/hunt for 2-3 yrs.

I just sold Chubb for Godwin/2nd rounder on Friday.

I'm happy I'm out of that headache now that Hunt is staying

Edit: I should say they're both going to produce well in fantasy regards but since there will be a time share, neither will be the big scoring back they could be as a feature without the other one.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

To me, this isn't "paying a running back"

This is a great deal for Hunt provided he stays out of trouble. This is the kind of contract that can be a steal even by running back standards. Not when you're paying a guy 8 figures. 

I know some of you are salty, I know some of yall wanted get your hands on him for next year. I actually called this a while ago, in our forum. I said what if it were cheaper to pay Hunt instead of breaking yourself trying to pay Chubb when you still have guys like Ward/Baker to extend 

• Like 1