2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

It's time!

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/dallas-cowboys-2021-mock-draft-september-edition

Tight end definitely isn't the most pressing need for the Cowboys, but given the other talents available with this pick, it's a 'Best Player Available' scenario that is hard to pass up. Pitts would be by far the most dynamic tight end on Dallas' roster at this point and would give them a renewed mismatch at the position.

It's hard for me to imagine TE would be the pick unless Jarwin really disappoints this year.

I think we're probably looking at similar targets as last year: DE, CB, S. We have a lot of expiring deals at those 3 spots. Really hoping Reggie Robinson can step up and lock down a starting S or CB spot next year. That would be really helpful.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I’d think OT is relatively high on the watch list. Tyron Smith finally hits the 30 yr old mark in December and his injury history the last 3 years is at least a little worrisome. Might be time to start grooming an heir apparent. 

7 out of our last 9 first round picks have been All-Pros. Consider me very hesitant to spend a 1st round pick on a player to replace Tyron Smith, who is massively underpaid and plays a position where top guys regularly play to 33+.

Unless he's privately talking to the Cowboys about retirement, I'm out on spending a premium pick there for at least another year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

7 out of our last 9 first round picks have been All-Pros. Consider me very hesitant to spend a 1st round pick on a player to replace Tyron Smith, who is massively underpaid and plays a position where top guys regularly play to 33+.

Unless he's privately talking to the Cowboys about retirement, I'm out on spending a premium pick there for at least another year. 

Fair point and I don't disagree. Weighted I'd take Smith for 12-13 games and his backup the rest of them over the majority of the league. That said, he misses 3-4 games again and it gets kinda hard to ignore.

53 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think this is a pretty likely outcome. Woods screams someone whip a chip on his shoulder & I think he is going to want to get paid much more than the team will find palatable. 

So any names you or @plan9misfit suggest?

Jevon Holland out of Oregon has had nine interceptions over the last two years. Andre Cisco, Syracuse, has had twelve. 

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think this is a pretty likely outcome. Woods screams someone whip a chip on his shoulder & I think he is going to want to get paid much more than the team will find palatable. 

Thinking about this more, I'm not as sure.

If he has a good season, Woods might be a franchise tag candidate. It's really pretty affordable for safeties, ~$11M.

Also, it wouldn't shock me if he decided to sign mid-season. He's made solid money for most humans, but he's not set for life yet. If it were me, I'd be motivated to sign and not risk injury.

11 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Jevon Holland and Andre Cisco are two of the bigger names thus far. Hamsah Nasirildeen from Florida State is up there as well.

Edited by plan9misfit