2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

OT is going to be hard for us to evaluate the need from the outside. I think it’s really going to depend on what the franchise understands about the recovery and plans of Tyron. 

Other than that potential, we really need to load up on some real players on defense. 

I really hope Dallas doesn’t blow this opportunity to develop and evaluate all of the backups that could be valuable next year. Could a guy like Reggie Robinson or Neville Gallimore be ready to go next year? Would be nice to know for sure when making draft decisions. 

1. QB, Trevor Lawrence, Clemson

2. Edge, Greg Rousseau, Miami Fla

3. WR, Ja’Marr Chase, LSU

4. QB, Justin Fields, OSU

5. OT, Penei Sewell, Oregon 

6. LB, Micah Parsons, Penn St

7. Edge, Carlos Basham,  Wake Forest

8. OT Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

9. DL, Marvin Wilson, FSU

10.  WR, Rondale Moore, Purdue

35 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Might be hard for Dallas to pass on him if available, but they’ll have to pass on an immediate impact player on defense to land him. 

Depending on where we’re drafting, the only top defensive player (at this moment, which we both know is highly likely to change) is Greg Rousseau from Miami.

At this point, we should also be evaluating QBs, and seriously consider trading up for one if Dak’s injury is as bad as it appears. I feel so terribly for him. 

Edited by plan9misfit

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Depending on where we’re drafting, the only top defensive player (at this moment, which we both know is highly likely to change) is Greg Rousseau from Miami.

At this point, we should also be evaluating QBs, and seriously consider trading up for one if Dak’s injury is as bad as it appears. I feel so terribly for him. 

You probably are in the top-5ish if you are staring at Sewell while on the clock.

You’ve been following the draft long enough to know we don’t really have a clue what the top-7 will look like next April, but that if you are picking top-7, there will be stud prospects on both sides of the ball.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You probably are in the top-5ish if you are staring at Sewell while on the clock.

You’ve been following the draft long enough to know we don’t really have a clue what the top-7 will look like next April, but that if you are picking top-7, there will be stud prospects on both sides of the ball.

Agreed. It would be unwise to think otherwise. 

11 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Unless an OT is the absolute BPA, I don't want to target that position in the first. Let's get a defensive playmaker for a change and roll with the young guys we have on the OL. Knight's shown he's a capable starter in the league and assuming Collins comes back at full strength I'd say we're set at OT.

11 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

terrible for Dak and I think there is a good chance they try to get there next qb in this draft. I’m a canes fan Rousseau is the real deal. Would have been top 10 pick for sure if he went in last years draft.

Edited by cromagnum

2 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

terrible for Dak and I think there is a good chance they try to get there next qb in this draft. I’m a canes fan Rousseau is the real deal. Would have been top 10 pick for sure if he went in last years draft.

How's Roche? 

12 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

There are three top defensive players in the draft: Gregory Rousseau, Micah Parsons and Marvin Wilson.

We land anyone of them and they're the most talented player on our defense.

Edited by Tony7188

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Unless an OT is the absolute BPA, I don't want to target that position in the first. Let's get a defensive playmaker for a change and roll with the young guys we have on the OL. Knight's shown he's a capable starter in the league and assuming Collins comes back at full strength I'd say we're set at OT.

I'm not really eager to draft an OT, but that's mostly because I am hopeful Tyron still has quite a few years left. If that assumption is incorrect, LT doesn't get bumped down the list because of Brandon Knight.

9 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

There are three top defensive players in the draft: Gregory Rousseau, Micah Parsons and Marvin Wilson.

We land anyone of them and they're the most talented player on our defense.

I'll bet you a dollar that at least one of those names will not be one of the first 3 defenders taken.