2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

What do you think about drafting Sewell? I know we need defense but he is the best non QB in the draft at this stage. If we can’t trade down, and we don’t want to draft Parsons, Farley, or Fields.... Sewell would be a great get for this team.

If Tyron and Collins return to top 20 form, we could play Sewell or Collins opposite Martin. And of course, if Tyron or Collins one don’t return to form the Sewell is a bookend LT. 

I'd love to draft Sewell. He can convert into LT later but provides elite talent at the OG position. Pair that up with Zack Martin, Biadisiz, & Collins. Pretty sick O-line.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

5 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Matt have we at any point under Dak Prescott in at QB with our cast and coaches around him felt like we could win a superbowl?

Yes, every year since 2016 (save going into 2018) I have felt Dak is good enough to give us a shot at contending. Obviously Injuries/Coaching/etc were huge let downs.

5 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We aren't good enough to keep Dak, cause honestly Dak isn't good enough to carry us. AND thats no knock on Dak, thats a knock on us.

I think Dak has proven that he does carry us. With Dak we have a top 5 offense, we just need to fix the defense.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

What do you think about drafting Sewell? I know we need defense but he is the best non QB in the draft at this stage. If we can’t trade down, and we don’t want to draft Parsons, Farley, or Fields.... Sewell would be a great get for this team.

If Tyron and Collins return to top 20 form, we could play Sewell or Collins opposite Martin. And of course, if Tyron or Collins don’t return one don’t return to form the Sewell is a bookend LT. 

I dont want to put more into the OL, personally. I find it really hard to believe we will have no trade down options, but in this scenario, I guess BPA is BPA. If he is significantly better than all the D prospects....

I dont look at draft prospects heavily until the season is done; so I dont have a strong opinion on him. 

6 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'd love to draft Sewell.

Looking at the schedules, without Dak or Dalton, we probably end up drafting top 3. The Giants are going to win a few games. They nearly beat Tampa Bay, and they were beating us with Dak, no way they lose to DiNucci and co. The Jets are locked in at #1. The Jags end up in the top 3. Then us. If they go TL, JF, 1, 2, that leaves the best non QB in the draft sitting there at 3

Edited by DaBoys

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Looking at the schedules, without Dak or Dalton, we probably end up drafting top 3. The Giants are going to win a few games. They nearly beat Tampa Bay, and they were beating us with Dak, no way they lose to DiNucci and co. The Jets are locked in at #1. The Jags end up in the top 3. Then us. If they go TL, JF, 1, 2, that leaves the best non QB in the draft sitting there at 3

Yeah Sewell is easily top 2 on the draft board. Easy next starting LT for your team for the next 10 years.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

Just now, canadaluvsdallas said:

Against the Red Hot Giants and the Danny Dimes?

Correct. 

I just like pointing out when DaBoys is wrong. Its become a hobby. How many times I can catch him making stuff up each day. 

JK - love you daboys. ❤️

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

lol

We were winning and at the 18 yard line when Dak was injured... 

So the Giants never had the lead? I just said they were winning against Dak, and at one point They were up 14-3. 

14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Guys. Please. We honestly do get it. Are you two not tired of the devil / god argument? No of course you are not. But must you ruin every thread?

The ONE thing we can look forward to is the draft and you must spoil that as well. 

Guys?  I am talking about drafting Sewell in the prospects thread. I take no responsibility for whatever is spoiling this thread for you. He’s mad because I passively mentioned his baby alongside Dalton. The Giants are ahead of us in the draft order. I believe they can beat us without Dak or Dalton. Not sure how that’s taxing on anyone. I’m talking about moving up to get Sewell. He plays OT. Not QB.

14 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So we keep Dak, and draft Sewell. Draft defensive players with our early 2nd and third. Get a RB, TE somehow 

I not sure we should go OL. Its beat to hell right now, but it is probably our most strong/deepest group of players. If Sewell is that loved, someone should trade up for him. Or one of the QBs. 

• Like 1