2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

2 minutes ago, djdunkenstein said:

Lets say Jets get 1st overall pick. Draft TL. What happens to Darnold? Am I the only person to think that he hasnt shown us what he has and has been in a corrupt organization? Or does he just go MIA like Rosen did. What do you guys think his value is? 

His value is very low. I’m sure the Jets will trade him, but it won’t be for very much with respect to typical QB return compensation. I think he’d net maybe a 2nd and a late round pick, but not much more (if even that). Darnold has been a bust thus far.

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

His value is very low. I’m sure the Jets will trade him, but it won’t be for very much with respect to typical QB return compensation. I think he’d net maybe a 2nd and a late round pick, but not much more (if even that). Darnold has been a bust thus far.

Would he still be a bust if he wasnt on the Jets? Probably a tough question... I just have one play by him in my mind that makes me go WOW. That play where he was rolling out of pocket, threw the ball across body (maybe sidearm) and it was a perfect dart between a defender for a TD

18 minutes ago, djdunkenstein said:

Would he still be a bust if he wasnt on the Jets? Probably a tough question... I just have one play by him in my mind that makes me go WOW. That play where he was rolling out of pocket, threw the ball across body (maybe sidearm) and it was a perfect dart between a defender for a TD

He keeps missing games with reoccurring shoulder soreness. Not a great look for a franchise QB. I like my QBs to be tough like Favre, Eli, and Dak. You couldn’t get these guys off the field. While I believe there is merit to the argument the Jets are holding him back, he isn’t doing himself any favors. Flacco is the Jets starter

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

He keeps missing games with reoccurring shoulder soreness. Not a great look for a franchise QB. I like my QBs to be tough like Favre, Eli, and Dak. You couldn’t get these guys off the field. While I believe there is merit to the argument the Jets are holding him back, he isn’t doing himself any favors. Flacco is the Jets starter

and Romo 😊 (injury prone but wins games with collapsed lungs and broken backs) 

Edited by djdunkenstein
added

39 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

So this morning during his radio plug Jerry reiterated that Dak is their QB going forward and brushed off the notion of taking a QB high. I get it, they love Dak, but I hate seeing this put out there, smoke and mirrors aside.

Geez.

It’s just not the smart way to approach the draft. You wouldn’t consider giving him a 4 year deal like he wanted but you also won’t consider maybe the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. Plus, how does this look for trade leverage? If teams know you won’t take a QB they aren’t going to give up as much to get ahead of you. Just dumb

Edited by DaBoys

33 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

So this morning during his radio plug Jerry reiterated that Dak is their QB going forward and brushed off the notion of taking a QB high. I get it, they love Dak, but I hate seeing this put out there, smoke and mirrors aside.

What would saying anything besides that do besides create unneeded drama and controversy? 

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Geez.

It’s just not the smart way to approach the draft. You wouldn’t consider giving him a 4 year deal like he wanted but you also won’t consider maybe the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. Plus, how does this look for trade leverage? If teaks know you won’t take a QB they aren’t going to give up as much to get ahead of you. Just dumb

This does nothing at all to hurt leverage. Teams will be bidding against each other for the pick.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This does nothing at all to hurt leverage. Teams will be bidding against each other for the pick.

I would think they would be bidding more if we were also a threat to take QB. I’m not saying it kills all of our leverage but it’s not completely inconsequential. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What would saying anything besides that do besides create unneeded drama and controversy? 

“We are extremely confident in Dak now and in the future. I’m not going to get in to positions or players that we will or won’t be drafting. We want to draft the best football players possible regardless of position. That’s our goal every draft.”

Anything but saying it’s “crazy” to talk about drafting Trevor Lawrence. It would truly be crazy to not do your homework on these guys.

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

“We are extremely confident in Dak now and in the future. I’m not going to get in to positions or players that we will or won’t be drafting. We want to draft the best football players possible regardless of position. That’s our goal every draft.”

Anything but saying it’s “crazy” to talk about drafting Trevor Lawrence. It would truly be crazy to not do your homework on these guys.

I dunno. I guess I am just immune to the Jones fam saying mostly anything and meaning it. Its a lot of sunshine and weird analogies. They talk a lot and it mostly doesnt mean anything. So beaching about it got old about a decade ago. 

43 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Geez.

It’s just not the smart way to approach the draft. You wouldn’t consider giving him a 4 year deal like he wanted but you also won’t consider maybe the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. Plus, how does this look for trade leverage? If teams know you won’t take a QB they aren’t going to give up as much to get ahead of you. Just dumb

For what it’s worth. Jerry also said Jaylon Smith was a cornerstone piece on the radio today. A cornerstone piece.

I can’t put stock into what Jerry says.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

They could very easily tell Dak, you’re still our QB, but this is getting put out there in hopes of driving up the price.  

Edited by WizardHawk

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I dunno. I guess I am just immune to the Jones fam saying mostly anything and meaning it. Its a lot of sunshine and weird analogies. They talk a lot and it mostly doesnt mean anything. So beaching about it got old about a decade ago. 

When it comes to the draft, I think Dallas as a whole, has been pretty transparent with their intentions.  If Jerry says QB isn’t on their radar, I buy it completely.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

So this morning during his radio plug Jerry reiterated that Dak is their QB going forward and brushed off the notion of taking a QB high.

Ummm, what if Dak doesn't agree about being the QB of the Cowboys going forward?

Is there a possibility that Jerry uses the tag and Dak just says nope never playing a down for the Cowboys again?

• Like 1