Texas_OutLaw7

2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This is very weird logic

Just a bit.

All aboard the Jaelan Philips in the second round train. former 5* who i think was top of his class who committed to UCLA transferred to Miami now.

32 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Looks like it’s going to be pick 4 for Dallas at the end of this game.

Like I was saying earlier. We just need to take care of business and lose to WFT on Thanksgiving.

Are you guys definitely going to retain Dak or is a QB a possibility for you guys?

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Are you guys definitely going to retain Dak or is a QB a possibility for you guys?

We’re keeping him. Anyone who says differently is delusional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Looks like it’s going to be pick 4 for Dallas at the end of this game.

How did the WFT jump ahead of us? 

On 11/16/2020 at 11:47 PM, Tony7188 said:

How did the WFT jump ahead of us? 

Strength of Schedule. Dallas and WFT have only 2 uncommon opponents. Cowboys play Minnesota and Atlanta, Washington plays Detroit and Carolina.

Atlanta & Minnesota
Current combined record: 7-11

Detroit & Carolina
Current combined record: 7-12

The Vikings' win over the Bears on Monday night flipped it. Judging by the current state of those 4 teams, I think it's likely Washington will pick higher than us in a tie-breaker scenario. So we really need to make sure we lose on Thanksgiving.

Justin Fields coming back to earth today. Two picks so far with 4 minutes to go in 2Q.

He still looks very good though. 

Edited by WizardHawk

30 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I don't want to derail his mock thread, so I am pulling a few of you into this debate here: @DaBoys @Nextyearfordaboyz @D82 @Northland

We all know the value a tradeback can bring for a QB...but given how Cincy is built, how much do you think we can get out of them for the best OL in the draft to put in front of Burrow? 

It’s much better to have someone calling for a QB than an OT. Maybe you could get their 2nd rounder?

Probably pointless to debate. Hard to fathom Cincinnati winning another game without Burrow, even against us. They’ll likely be in a position to draft Sewell without making a move.

38 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I don't want to derail his mock thread, so I am pulling a few of you into this debate here: @DaBoys @Nextyearfordaboyz @D82 @Northland

We all know the value a tradeback can bring for a QB...but given how Cincy is built, how much do you think we can get out of them for the best OL in the draft to put in front of Burrow? 

They took Jonah Williams high a few seasons ago...but yeah, I could definitely see them giving up quite a bit to protect Burrow if his career isn't in jeopardy as is. 

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am going to echo what NYFTB said.  Cincy will tank without Burrow and will likely be in a position to draft Sewell.   

I think both Sewell or trading back for a massive haul are pipe dreams at this point. Was fun to dream while it lasted.

Probably time do start focusing on the CBs. Good chance someone like Surtain will be the best need/value marriage.

15 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think both Sewell or trading back for a massive haul are pipe dreams at this point. Was fun to dream while it lasted.

Probably time do start focusing on the CBs. Good chance someone like Surtain will be the best need/value marriage.

Is there no 1st round DTs? Damn this draft.