2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The 1T/NT group doesn't appear to have many true studs, but quite a few very solid options. Hankins, DaQuan Jones, Lawrence Guy are set to hit the market. Mike Pennel also might be a consideration. We did our research on him last year but decided on Poe... but Pennel is a much better player than Poe at this point in their careers. Maybe they could even coax Snacks Harrison out of retirement. And they can probably land one pretty cheap if last season was any indication; the DT market for run stuffing DTs was really depressed.

The player I would definitely open up the checkbook for is Leonard Williams.

Williams would be a nice get if we could land him. 

Snacks is actually still playing, he's on the Seahawks if I'm not mistaken. He wants to play in Dallas so I'm sure if the team offered him a contract he'd sign up. 

I didn’t expect it to happen with this guy, but I have my first true 2021 draft crush: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

To start, in my mind, this guy is far closer to Derwin James and Jamal Adams than he is to most linebackers in the NFL. I think his label as an LB is misleading.

Need someone to erase a TE? Spy a running QB? Cover a RB in the flat? Cover the seam? Blitz like a demon? Play man? Play zone? Bust up a running scheme? Lay a big hit? May a splash play? JOK is your guy. He never has to come of the field, and he will never be a liability. This guy can impact the game defensively, and he’s just straight fun to watch.

I think he’s a top-12 prospect, easy. And if it were me, I wouldn’t try to make him put on weight to become a true linebacker. 

19 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I didn’t expect it to happen with this guy, but I have my first true 2021 draft crush: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

To start, in my mind, this guy is far closer to Derwin James and Jamal Adams than he is to most linebackers in the NFL. I think his label as an LB is misleading.

Need someone to erase a TE? Spy a running QB? Cover a RB in the flat? Cover the seam? Blitz like a demon? Play man? Play zone? Bust up a running scheme? Lay a big hit? May a splash play? JOK is your guy. He never has to come of the field, and he will never be a liability. This guy can impact the game defensively, and he’s just straight fun to watch.

I think he’s a top-12 prospect, easy. And if it were me, I wouldn’t try to make him put on weight to become a true linebacker. 

I wasn’t a fan of his either until I stared to watch him. He’d be a fun get.

13 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

As a big proponent of trading for Jamal Adams, I’d love to add Koramoah to the back 7. So many things you can do with the Adams and Jeremy Chinn, hybrid defenders.   

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Now that we know that we are likely picking 9 or 10, my early short list:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Caleb Farley

Patrick Surtain

Kyle Pitts

If we go TE in the first round with the way Schultz played and Blake Jarwin returning, I’ll lose faith in this staff real quick!