2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

3 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I don’t think people realize how much of a mismatch issue it is with Pitts, Jarwin and Schultz alone at TE.

Now coop and gallup on the outside and ceedee in the slot? 

sheesh 

oh yeah btw we got pollard and zeke too. It’s tough for anyone to tell me  Kellen Moore wouldn’t know how to use all those pieces and figure it out during a normal season.

It would be great. With Dak and a healthy o-line, we'd be putting up points like no other. Only thing is...can we at least get the defense to average with the other assets? 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yup, I agree. Hence my listing of defensive players ahead of Pitts. But the top of the defensive draft class is weak, and I’m not taking some second tier prospect over an elite one just because it’s a need.

I don’t think Pitts is likely to end up being the pick. Nor do I want it to play out that way. But I hope the Cowboys aren’t foolish enough to get caught with their pants down and not plan for the possibility that he is clear BPA and I don’t have a good trade down offer.

In my defense in didn’t go back far enough to see where you were tracking. I agree there is a point to which offensive value far outweighs defense. I believe we see that to some extent last year with CD’s selection. The situation this year could be much the same, defense is still a huge need, but the value dictates otherwise. I’m not a 100% on board, but I get it.

So, now that we have the 10th overall pick, here’s my list of players whom, as of today (3 January 2021), I’d consider for our pick. They’re based on people whom I think will be available, not based on any specific “need”, and are in no particular order.

Kyle Pitts, TE Florida

Patrick Surtain II, CB Alabama

Caleb Farley, CB VA Tech

Jaycee Horn, CB South Carolina

Wyatt Davis, OG Ohio State

Christian Barmore, DT Alabama

Micah Parsons, LB Penn State

Edited by plan9misfit

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

So, now that we have the 10th overall pick, here’s my list of players whom, as of today (3 January 2021), I’d consider for our pick. They’re based on people whom I think will be available, not based on any specific “need”, and are in no particular order.

Kyle Pitts, TE Florida

Patrick Surtain II, CB Alabama

Caleb Farley, CB VA Tech

Jaycee Horn, CB South Carolina

Wyatt Davis, OG Ohio State

Christian Barmore, DT Alabama

Micah Parsons, LB Penn State

The name that sticks out here to me is Barmore. I’ve not seen him anywhere near #10 in any early draft analysis. Will have to check him out soon.

I’m also excited to watch Horn. Love the pedigree and the snippets I have seen.

• Like 1

Gallup --------Pitts ----OL--------Lamb ------ Cooper

Dak - Zeke

I would LOVE that. Honestly. I have zero problem taking Pitts. I think we can all agree it is not a need. I wouldn't say no. But I hope there is a trading partner or a talented corner for us to consider. 

34 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Is it weird that I think our DL will actually be pretty good with a new DC?

Randy - Hill- Gallimore - DLaw

DE BackUp - Smith

DT BackUp - Woods

Back-ups cardinally need another body to have a stronger rotation...but I actually don't hate our DL.

DE is not in bad shape. DT really could use a difference maker. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, D82 said:

It would be great. With Dak and a healthy o-line, we'd be putting up points like no other. Only thing is...can we at least get the defense to average with the other assets? 

It has to be the Defensive Scheme that Mike Nolan was running. How can the BOYS be that bad after one year? It seems the players didn't know where to play or line up early in the season. And the 3-4 requires a big NT that can take up 2 blockers. Wood is not big enough. Also seen some of our DTs on the ground or pancake a few times in a few games. Personnel is probably an issue. 

46 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Is it weird that I think our DL will actually be pretty good with a new DC?

Randy - Hill- Gallimore - DLaw

DE BackUp - Smith

DT BackUp - Woods

Back-ups cardinally need another body to have a stronger rotation...but I actually don't hate our DL.

If we run a 1 GAP 4-3 this line on papers looks descent. All of those guys are disruptive going to the QB. However, I would love to sign a larger DE such as Johnathan Hankins to occupy 2 blockers while the other 3 go in. That would mean Gallimore and Hill can battle for the 3 technique spot. 

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The name that sticks out here to me is Barmore. I’ve not seen him anywhere near #10 in any early draft analysis. Will have to check him out soon.

I’m also excited to watch Horn. Love the pedigree and the snippets I have seen.

I can’t explain why, but I expect him to rise up the boards. We both know this happens with guys every year. Players always rise and fall. As you know, Jaylen Twyman was viewed a potential top 10 pick back in August and won’t likely sniff the first (or possibly even second) round now. Personally, I think Barmore is a 2nd round talent, but I think the lack of DTs in this draft coupled with his very solid performance against ND will help him. If he has a great game against Ohio State, I think he’ll be a lock for the mid-1st round.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

I can’t explain why, but I expect him to rise up the boards. We both know this happens with guys every year. Players always rise and fall. As you know, Jaylen Twyman was viewed a potential top 10 pick back in August and won’t likely sniff the first (or possibly even second) round now. Personally, I think Barmore is a 2nd round talent, but I think the lack of DTs in this draft coupled with his very solid performance against ND will help him. If he has a great game against Ohio State, I think he’ll be a lock for the mid-1st round.

If Twyman has a solid off-season workout(s), I'm taking him high.