2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

On 1/8/2021 at 7:34 AM, D82 said:

That's true. Get a solid WR to take over for Cooper or Gallup. 

Definitely Gallup.  As much as I like him,  no way we pay him.  If we get a 2nd or better then I'd trade him.  If not he gets a good contract and we'll get at least a 4th comp pick.

On 1/6/2021 at 9:55 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I really hope he is available, but it will not at all surprise me if he is the first defensive player off the board, somewhere before #10.

Haven't watched him.  Is he significantly better than Surtan or Horn?  I'd really like to trade down to 17-20 , and pickup a pick.

6 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Definitely Gallup.  As much as I like him,  no way we pay him.  If we get a 2nd or better then I'd trade him.  If not he gets a good contract and we'll get at least a 4th comp pick.

I would be really tempted to take Gallup at $15m instead of Cooper at $20m/yr

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Haven't watched him.  Is he significantly better than Surtan or Horn?  I'd really like to trade down to 17-20 , and pickup a pick.

I’ve written about this several times over that past few pages.

Caleb Farley has the potential to be as good as any cornerback in the league. He’s still raw, but he has instincts and athleticism that few corners outside of Jalen Ramsey can even compare to.

Patrick Surtain, on the other hand, basically came out of the womb playing cornerback. It’s hard to think of a more polished CB coming out than him. He definitely doesn’t have the upside of Farley, but his bust factor is about as low as it gets. I wouldn’t blame someone for taking him over Farley.

Horn I haven’t watched enough to know for sure. I’ve read a lot, though, and makes me think he’s a pretty good idea as a trade-down candidate. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 9:12 PM, Matts4313 said:

I would be really tempted to take Gallup at $15m instead of Cooper at $20m/yr

Gallup is only 2 years younger than Cooper. While Gallup has played as the #1 for a few games the team doesn't know if he can handle it for the entire year. As much as I like Gallup, I'd still take the proven commodity. Unless Gallup takes a team friendly deal he will be traded 

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Christian Barmore is looking every bit the part of a 1st round pick so far. He’s doubled teamed on nearly every play and still has a few QB pressures and 2 pass deflections.

He was doubled team on one play, he tossed aside the first guy, pushed backed the other guy into Fields and got a slight deflection on the ball. A play or two before he stuffed a run. I'm liking him more and more. 

I'm watching him directly one every play he's playing. 

39 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Gallup is only 2 years younger than Cooper. While Gallup has played as the #1 for a few games the team doesn't know if he can handle it for the entire year. As much as I like Gallup, I'd still take the proven commodity. Unless Gallup takes a team friendly deal he will be traded 

Neither Cooper or Gallup will be our #1 as early as next year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

With that dropped INT in the endzone Surtain II just solidified himself as the Cowboys first round pick 

At least he turned his head to make a play on the ball.

Significant upgrade to what we have.

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

At least he turned his head to make a play on the ball.

Significant upgrade to what we have.

Wilson and Diggs both made plays on the ball this year. Diggs led the team with 3 INTs. 

32 minutes ago, D82 said:

Wilson and Diggs both made plays on the ball this year. Diggs led the team with 3 INTs. 

They're the only ones and they made up what, 50% of our INTs?

Edited by CAPJ