2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Christian Barmore is looking every bit the part of a 1st round pick so far. He’s doubled teamed on nearly every play and still has a few QB pressures and 2 pass deflections.

2 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

He was doubled team on one play, he tossed aside the first guy, pushed backed the other guy into Fields and got a slight deflection on the ball. A play or two before he stuffed a run. I'm liking him more and more. 

I'm watching him directly one every play he's playing. 

14 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'm kinda liking Barmore 

10 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

If Surtain isn't there at 10, then I'll be okay with Barmore. 

The man can play. And he is only now starting to scratch the surface of his potential. He’s going to be a serious problem for interior OLs in the NFL.

Trading back and landing him would really be a coup. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'm kinda liking Barmore 

He’s put in work vs a very good Ohio state line. 

he’s been bit up and down, and he’s bit raw.  but his knee was banged up earlier in the season. So that likely slowed him down. physically he’s a beast though ( and just unloaded on fields). 

Surtain is textbook though. I don’t think he’ll ever be a big ballhawk game changer kind of guy. But he’s gonna be very very solid and won’t make many mistakes. Think he’d make for a good duo with diggs ( who i see as more of a gambler). 

if we can’t get surtain And can maybe trade back a few spots to pickup another second and get Barmore I’d be equally as happy.  

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Why? It’s not like Wentz or Hurts will be able to get him the ball.

Man, it’ll be too good if Philly somehow doesn’t get a chance or just skips Smith in the draft. And even better if they somehow don’t take any of the stud Wrs in this draft. 

18 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The man can play. And he is only now starting to scratch the surface of his potential. He’s going to be a serious problem for interior OLs in the NFL.

Trading back and landing him would really be a coup. 

If he has a solid combine, we may not be able to trade down for him.

13 minutes ago, project T.O said:

he’s been bit up and down, and he’s bit raw.  but his knee was banged up earlier in the season. So that likely slowed him down. physically he’s a beast though ( and just unloaded on fields). 

I don’t know if “up and down” is a very fair characterization. He’s been consistently a beast in the back half of the season, with 6 sacks in his last 6 games.

6 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If he has a solid combine, we may not be able to trade down for him.

I would agree that’s not an impossibility. Worse DT prospects have been drafted top-15, and this guy has some Fletcher Cox vibes to him. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I would agree that’s not an impossibility. Worse DT prospects have been drafted top-15, and this guy has some Fletcher Cox vibes to him. 

He was damn near unblockable tonight. Just a monster, monster game. He’s raw, but he’s got all world potential.

Assuming it falls right...

1. JAX - Lawrence
2. NYJ - Fields
3. MIA - Sewell
4. ATL - Parsons
5. CIN - Chase
6. PHI - Smith
7. DET - Wilson
8. CAR - Farley
9. DEN - JOK
10. DAL - Surtain or Barmore
11. NYG - ???
12. SF - QB? Jones/Lance
13. LAC - best available OT
14. MIN - ???
15. NE - ???
16. ARZ - ???

Do you consider moving back into rd 1 for the one you missed at 10? Kyle Pitts is somewhere in top 15. 11 and 14 would be my biggest concern for Barmore. ARZ probably looks defense too.

55 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Assuming it falls right...

1. JAX - Lawrence
2. NYJ - Fields
3. MIA - Sewell
4. ATL - Parsons
5. CIN - Chase
6. PHI - Smith
7. DET - Wilson
8. CAR - Farley
9. DEN - JOK
10. DAL - Surtain or Barmore
11. NYG - ???
12. SF - QB? Jones/Lance
13. LAC - best available OT
14. MIN - ???
15. NE - ???
16. ARZ - ???

Do you consider moving back into rd 1 for the one you missed at 10? Kyle Pitts is somewhere in top 15. 11 and 14 would be my biggest concern for Barmore. ARZ probably looks defense too.

Our 2nd and 3rd round pick gets us into the mid-20s.

And even if a guy like Barmore were to fall to the mid-20s, I'm probably against trading away 2 top-75 picks to get him. we need more than 2 players to come in and have an impact.