2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Cowboys draft Twitter seems to finally getting on the JOK train today. 🎉

I previously didn’t think JOK was a realistic option for us, but I actually think he’s about as close to a Dan Quinn prototype as it gets. He’ll love him.

Where do you see him fitting in? He's undersized at around 220 isn't he?

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Where do you see him fitting in? He's undersized at around 220 isn't he?

I imagine Quinn would view him as a prototype WLB. Deion Jones (played for Quinn in Atlanta) was 222, Fred Warner 229, Darius Leonard 230, Patrick Queen 229. He would be a monster playing for Quinn there. And my personal opinion is he'd be an amazing strong safety, if they decided they liked him at that spot better.

The dude is a dynamic playmaker, so much fun to watch, can do just about anything you ask of him at a high level, and is rapidly ascending. Definitely my favorite player in the draft.

I do think I would still lean CB in the first round, though. Surtain and Farley are legit top-10 talents too, IMO. And the more I dig into the class, the more confident I feel that the CB group in not very deep. You are probably going to have a much better LB prospect sitting there at 44 than you will at cornerback. But regardless, I think JOK would be someone to get jacked up about wearing the Star.

EDIT: To add a little bit more to this... I was listening to the Draft Show today, and Broaddus compared him to Darren Woodson. I don't remember if I've made that comparison on here previously, but this is exactly what I thought when watching him. I think I'd lock him in at SS and prosper. But to the point I made yesterday, studying Mike Quinn the last few days, I think he'd take 2 JOKs, play one at WLB, the other at SS, and be really excited about both.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

So unfortunately the NFL combine is canceled this year due to COVID.

So after a year of mayhem in CFL (playing vs. not playing) and players opting out for the draft, the team will have to rely solely on Pro Days and (possibly) year old film to gauge this upcoming class. The draft will be more of a crapshoot than usual.

16 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m thinking Jaylon is going to get the chance to prove himself under Quinn. I just find it hard to believe that JJ/SJ would cut bait that quickly. 

I might be in the minority here but I do feel like his immense drop off in play had a lot to do with his medical issues.

Late this season I noticed his dropfoot appearing more dramatically.

I won't ever question his work ethic because of what he was able to accomplish so far from his injury in college.

BUT we have to see now if the knee issues are finally catching up to him. It might possibly be out of his control, we will have to see. 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

4 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

So unfortunately the NFL combine is canceled this year due to COVID.

So after a year of mayhem in CFL (playing vs. not playing) and players opting out for the draft, the team will have to rely solely on Pro Days and (possibly) year old film to gauge this upcoming class. The draft will be more of a crapshoot than usual.

I think its a great experiment year to see how much the combine is actually worth. Ideally, most of the scouting intel must already be in-house because its an all-season job really.

Only thing that might be an issue is the personal interview because doing that through ZOOM or SKYPE might seem a bit impersonal.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Do we have any shot at Gregory Rousseau or did our pride get in the way our draft position again?

Did we potentially miss out on a Gregory Pass Rush Brothers meme?

Rousseau is not a great prospect, and is extremely unlikely to go before #10. Dallas picking him would be a massive whiff, IMO. Hard pass.

Dane Brugler's dropped his top 100 this morning:

https://theathletic.com/2332366/2021/01/21/bruglers-top-100-nfl-draft-board/

Behind a paywall, but here are where some popular potential Cowboys names rank:

6) Rashawn Slater, OT2
10) Caleb Farley, CB1
11) Patrick Surtain, CB2
13) Micah Parsons, LB1
14) Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB2
18) Christian Barmore, DT1
20) Jaycee Horn, CB3
22) Nick Bolton, LB3
33) Trevon Moehrig, S1