2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

I did a mock draft on Fanspeak. I took the top player on the board for each pick.

10: R1 P10 CB Caleb Farley - Virginia Tech
44: R2 P12 DL Darius Stills - West Virginia
75: R3 P11 S Trevon Moehrig - TCU
98: R3 P34 LB Dylan Moses - Alabama
112: R4 P10 LB Hamilcar Rashed Jr. - Oregon State
136: R4 P34 S Talanoa Hufanga - USC
150: R5 P9 LB Jabril Cox - LSU
176: R5 P35 EDGE Jonathon Cooper - Ohio State
190: R6 P11 CB Ambry Thomas - Michigan
217: R6 P38 OT Dillon Radunz - North Dakota State
232: R7 P10 OT Adrian Ealy - Oklahoma

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:
I did a mock draft on Fanspeak. I took the top player on the board for each pick.

10: R1 P10 CB Caleb Farley - Virginia Tech
44: R2 P12 DL Darius Stills - West Virginia
75: R3 P11 S Trevon Moehrig - TCU
98: R3 P34 LB Dylan Moses - Alabama
112: R4 P10 LB Hamilcar Rashed Jr. - Oregon State
136: R4 P34 S Talanoa Hufanga - USC
150: R5 P9 LB Jabril Cox - LSU
176: R5 P35 EDGE Jonathon Cooper - Ohio State
190: R6 P11 CB Ambry Thomas - Michigan
217: R6 P38 OT Dillon Radunz - North Dakota State
232: R7 P10 OT Adrian Ealy - Oklahoma

Some of these would be such massive steals, it's hard to believe it's feasible, even through an "anything can happen, look at last year" lens.

Made another one but I couldn’t copy it so I took a picture of it from my phone.

Edit: aaaand, it’s not loading.

So, I’ll just write it in. I traded with the Raiders. They gave up their second round pick to move up from 17 to 10.

#17 - Christian Barmore, DT Alabama

#42 - Tyson Campbell, CB Georgia

#49 - Jevon Holland, S Oregon

#74 - Jalen Mayfield, OT Michigan

#99 - Trey Smith, OG Tennessee

#111 - Jaylen Twyman, DT Pitt

#136 - Mike Jones Jr., LB Clemson

#148 - Anthony Schwartz, WR Auburn

#151 - Josh Myers, C Ohio State

#175 - T.J. Carter, CB Memphis

#187 - Sam Ehlinger, QB Texas

#190 - Tommy Kraemer, OG Notre Dame

#221 - Alaric Jackson, OT Iowa

#233 - Tre’ McKitty, TE Georgia

Edited by plan9misfit

On 1/26/2021 at 1:05 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’ve spoken a lot about those 3 players, but I am curious why Caleb Farley isn’t on your list?

Caleb Farley scares me with the 10th overall pick. He's had 1 good year and 1 not so good year, then he sat out. Tore his ACL one year and had to fight through back spasms during the 2019 season.

Why take that kind of risk over a prospect who was a model of consistency in Alabama? Surtain has elite CB measurables, good bloodlines and no injury history.

Edited by Tony7188

The team should trade back from 10 a few spots. Pick up an extra 2nd. Select Barimore. If Moerhig is falling towards end of round 1, they should use the comp picks with one of the 2nds to trade back up. Grab the rangy FS. With the other 2nd select Horn or Browning. My dream scenario for this draft 

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

Why take that kind of risk over a prospect who was a model of consistency in Alabama? Surtain has elite CB measurables, good bloodlines and no injury history.

To answer your question, the reason someone (me) would take that risk is because the potential reward is much higher with Farley.

But that doesn’t answer my question. I don’t blame anyone if they decide Surtain should be higher on the board. It’s definitely a safer pick, and Surtain is certainly high on my wish list. But he could be picked before #10. I was surprised Farley wasn’t even on your list. Are your concerns with him so severe you wouldn’t consider him at #10 at all? 

26 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

To answer your question, the reason someone (me) would take that risk is because the potential reward is much higher with Farley.

But that doesn’t answer my question. I don’t blame anyone if they decide Surtain should be higher on the board. It’s definitely a safer pick, and Surtain is certainly high on my wish list. But he could be picked before #10. I was surprised Farley wasn’t even on your list. Are your concerns with him so severe you wouldn’t consider him at #10 at all? 

I only did my top 3 list for the Cowboys. If Surtain, Pitts and JOK are all gone and Farley was still on the board, I would be okay with. Slater is another option I'm curious about as well.

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

The team should trade back from 10 a few spots. Pick up an extra 2nd. Select Barimore. If Moerhig is falling towards end of round 1, they should use the comp picks with one of the 2nds to trade back up. Grab the rangy FS. With the other 2nd select Horn or Browning. My dream scenario for this draft 

I hope we address DT in FA. Has to be the worst prospect group in the class, you are almost certain to overdraft. 

Washington CB Elijah Molden has piqued my interest of late. Less than ideal physical traits, but the kid is scrappy and can play. 
I’ve seen a handful of top 50 rankings for him, but I bet he’s one of those guys that finds himself as a 4th/5th rd pick. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Washington CB Elijah Molden has piqued my interest of late. Less than ideal physical traits, but the kid is scrappy and can play. 
I’ve seen a handful of top 50 rankings for him, but I bet he’s one of those guys that finds himself as a 4th/5th rd pick. 

I love Molden, but I don't think there is anyway we take him to compete for the outside cornerback job opposite Diggs. But if we take a CB in the first 2 rounds and Molden is still available at 98 or 105, then sign me up in a heartbeat. That would be a great pick, and he'd likely be ready to take a ton of snaps in the sub packages from day 1.