2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Here’s what Brugler said:

“But if we’re going defensive tackle there, I like Tuipulotu much more than Marvin Wilson. I would have drafted him or McNeill. Tuipulotu is a guy that gives you one-technique and three-technique versatility. He’s not a traditional nose tackle, but he played nose tackle for USC. He’s got a big, strong frame, but he can also give you a little bit of pass rush because he’s quick at the snap. He’s got the agility where he can play in different gaps. He has strong hands. There are a lot of things you can do with him as an inside depth piece that can play different gaps.”

I love that report. Someone with some versatility inside and the ability to play 3 downs seems like a better fit for what we need than a true 3T. He’s also getting great reports from the Senior Bowl.

Tufele also sounds intriguing based on what I’ve read. Going to have to turn on that USC tape soon.

I like that Brugler confirmed my take on his position on the d-line. I think he eventually becomes a NT.

And when you watch tape on USC, you’ll see what I mean about the players not fitting the scheme and the obvious poor coaching. Hufanga could have been a 2nd round pick as a SS, but the horrific coaching and scheme designs will cause him to fall to the 3rd or 4th round.

My draft so far figuring extra 3rd and 4th ...   but my ideal...   

1st Parsons LB

2nd Moehrig S

3rd Molden CB  -  might be gone.... so... Samual JR Cb second choice..

3rd McNeill IDL 

4th S Brown OL

4th Washington S

I know I am about the only person on this board who likes Parsons... but I really want a better option for our ILB who has the strength to hold up better inside to help our run D.. HE can be a major playmaker inside the tackles with our D and allow Smith and LVE to be responsible for the edges and blitzing.   I picked two safety's just because I didn't see real value in the late round CB's available.     Yes McNeill might be a stretch but he has the size I believe we really need at inside DL. 

54 minutes ago, quiller said:

1st Parsons LB

2nd Moehrig S

3rd McNeill IDL 

4th S Brown OL

4th Washington S

I know I am about the only person on this board who likes Parsons... but I really want a better option for our ILB who has the strength to hold up better inside to help our run D.. HE can be a major playmaker inside the tackles with our D and allow Smith and LVE to be responsible for the edges and blitzing.   I picked two safety's just because I didn't see real value in the late round CB's available.     Yes McNeill might be a stretch but he has the size I believe we really need at inside DL. 

Yuck

• Like 1

What I don't want to see is us drafting another light weight speed LB to "replace" LVE and Smith.  While those were absolutely TRASH last year they weren't TRASH in previous years. I also don't want us spending "early" capital on EDGE rushers or LIGHT Weight IDL.    WHAT we need on D are difference makers who complement what we already have. I feel Parsons can fill that roll in the middle of our D but frankly he probably won't be there so it doesn't matter.   I would take Surtain at that point I think. I also am okay with trading down to get Barmore.  I would not spend a day 1 pick on Koramoah unless we trade down.  I also am not a huge fan of Grant, though he is the best option if we don't get Moehrig. 

1 hour ago, quiller said:

1st Parsons LB

2nd Moehrig S

3rd McNeill IDL 

4th S Brown OL

4th Washington S

Yep, there is just zero chance I can get behind a Parsons pick with our #1. Maybe I’ll be eating crow in a couple of years, but there is simply way too much proof that elite/top tier off the ball LBs can be had after rd 1. 

I like the other picks though. Would go a different route with last 4th. Rather go with some more DL or CB help.  Wilson/Moehrig would be a terrific safety combo imo. 

I like S Washington, but would be more then okay with a CB at that point.   I really am just not sold on getting another off the ball LB who are in the 230-240 lb range. I also think we really have zero depth at safety and don't see much value past Farley and Sustain, though Molden did interest me.  

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Yep, there is just zero chance I can get behind a Parsons pick with our #1. Maybe I’ll be eating crow in a couple of years, but there is simply way too much proof that elite/top tier off the ball LBs can be had after rd 1. 

There’s this, right. That you can reliably go find immediate stud LB prospect in the 2nd.

But there are 2 other things, too.

1) Parsons is just not that great a prospect. He’s new to linebacking, and it shows. And there are whispers of character/work ethic issues. I would straight up take Nick Bolton over Parsons. He’s much more likely to be a hit, in my opinion.

2) He’s obviously an amazing athlete, but his game is more like your dad’s dream of a linebacker from the 80’s. He doesn’t affect the passing game, and while he has the potential to develop there, that’s a lot of projecting. With a guy like JOK, at least he can impact the game in the way the NFL is played today. He can blow up end-arounds, spy mobile QBs, erase TEs, cover the swing pass to the RB, etc. 

I didn't, at all, expect this to be the case... but I actually think this year's CB class might be better than last year's. Here' how I would rank the guys I've seen so far, relative to last year:

1. Jeff Okudah
  2. Caleb Farley
  3. Patrick Surtain
  4. C.J. Henderson
  5. Jaycee Horn
  6. Asante Samuel
  7. Ifeatu Melifonwu
  8. A.J. Terrell
  9. Trevon Diggs
  10. Aaron Robinson
  11. Jeff Gladney
  12. Jaylon Johnson
  13. Tyson Campbell
  14. Noah Igbinoghene

Honestly, 6-14 are very much tomato-tomahto... All rock-solid 2nd round selections, but I felt/feel pretty confident about 7 guys as immediate NFL starters in both years. There are a couple more names that might pop up for 2021, too (Greg Newsome Jr. just showed up in Lance Zierlein's 1st round mock draft, will have to watch him soon).

Also, the omission of Damon Arnette was deliberate. I did not have him as a top-2 round cornerback. Thanks for Trevon Diggs, Raiders.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

46 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

His name escapes me right now, but the guy opposite Tyson Campbell, has popped up a few places ranked higher than the afore mentioned.

Eric Stokes, I’ve seen the rankings but haven’t focused on him yet. Could be interesting, too.

I’m just a really big fan of Campbell.

• Like 1

okay, guess after reading a lot more in depth on Parsons I will convert and take him off my wish list.

Thus...

1  Surtain, - if we trade down Barmore. though I guess LB Bolton would be okay.

2  Moehrig

2a.   if we trade down  add Horn 

3 Samual Jr

3. McNeill - if we trade down I would love a LB here...

4. s Brown OL

4  Safety Washington