2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

27 minutes ago, quiller said:

okay, guess after reading a lot more in depth on Parsons I will convert and take him off my wish list.

Thus...

1  Surtain, - if we trade down Barmore. though I guess LB Bolton would be okay.

2  Moehrig

2a.   if we trade down  add Horn 

3 Samual Jr

3. McNeill - if we trade down I would love a LB here...

4. s Brown OL

4  Safety Washington

This is something I’d be much more on board with.

I don’t think Asante Samuel Jr will be on the board in round 3, and I agree that LB should really be a high consideration. Jabril Cox is a favorite of mine.

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

You know my opinion on DBs, and I’m a fan of Tyson Campbell.

I was initially hesitant to trade away from #10, because of how much we really do need to land another starting CB.

But now, I’m all-aboard. Trade away and add extra picks. You might get lucky and have Farley/Surtain fall to you even still. But if not, you will have a really quality player there for you in round 2.

It really opens up a ton of possibilities for the draft. 

• Like 1
On 2/4/2021 at 3:29 PM, DaBoys said:

Seeing a bunch of mocks landing us Sewell at 10

Sewell falling to 10 would be on par with Lamb landing at 17.   

I’ll add that I think the gap between Sewell and Slater is probably closer than some expect. If both are on the board when Dallas picks, I wouldn’t be shocked if Slater was the pick.

Edited by WizardHawk
28 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Sewell falling to 10 would be on par with Lamb landing at 17.   

I’ll add that I think the gap between Sewell and Slater is probably closer than some expect. If both are on the board when Dallas picks, I wouldn’t be shocked if Slater was the pick.

I really wish we had the 30 visits this year. Would give us a clear picture of how seriously they are about taking a tackle high in the draft. 

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I really wish we had the 30 visits this year. Would give us a clear picture of how seriously they are about taking a tackle high in the draft. 

Yep. I’m really curious as to what happens with Tyron. I’d love to hear an update from someone connected to team. From what little I’ve seen, I get the vibe he’s not part of the plan moving forward. Whether it be released by team or retirement.

48 minutes ago, D82 said:

I really hate the thought of taking an OT high again...unless we just aren't that sure Collins can regain his previous form.

In my mind for us to take a tackle at 10 means that the staff feels we will not get back either Collins or Smith.   Right now with Martin coming back he can move to tackle and we still have the depth at guard center to cover that. I am alright with what we have on OL compared to other area's so long as we get either Collins or Smith back. Then a 4th round or 5th round OL will cover our depth. Not going D at 10 or later with a trade back will be a huge blow to just how much we can improve our D next year. 

48 minutes ago, quiller said:

In my mind for us to take a tackle at 10 means that the staff feels we will not get back either Collins or Smith.   Right now with Martin coming back he can move to tackle and we still have the depth at guard center to cover that. I am alright with what we have on OL compared to other area's so long as we get either Collins or Smith back. Then a 4th round or 5th round OL will cover our depth. Not going D at 10 or later with a trade back will be a huge blow to just how much we can improve our D next year. 

That's really the only way I feel okay with taking a tackle in the 1st - is if Smith retires/leaves and Collins can't come back. 

Otherwise you roll out with Collins, Martin as your tackles, Biadasz at center, and both Connors as your guards. Use your resources to address the defense. 

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Yep. I’m really curious as to what happens with Tyron. I’d love to hear an update from someone connected to team. From what little I’ve seen, I get the vibe he’s not part of the plan moving forward. Whether it be released by team or retirement.

I don’t find the rumblings to be credible. It makes very little sense to move on from Tyron if his prognosis is good, and none of the musings even have a hint of legitimate information about his health or recovery. Maybe it will happen, but we just don’t know yet. I’ll be dumbfounded if he’s playing for a different team than Dallas next year as a cap casualty.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

That's really the only way I feel okay with taking a tackle in the 1st - is if Smith retires/leaves and Collins can't come back. 

Otherwise you roll out with Collins, Martin as your tackles, Biadasz at center, and both Connors as your guards. Use your resources to address the defense. 

Priority #1 should be maintaining an elite offense. It’s more important and sustainable. If either of our tackles have career-threatening health concerns, then OT skyrockets to a top-2 need, IMO.

Of late I’ve been watching a bunch of the defensive guys, there’s a lot to like. But today I went back and watched this offensive prospect. And hands down, he looks every bit of a future All Pro. A lot of you guys would be pissed, but if both the CBS are gone and there’s no value in a trade down, I’d be stoked to hear us call Kyle Pitts when we pick at 10. Guy is a flat out stud.

3 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Of late I’ve been watching a bunch of the defensive guys, there’s a lot to like. But today I went back and watched this offensive prospect. And hands down, he looks every bit of a future All Pro. A lot of you guys would be pissed, but if both the CBS are gone and there’s no value in a trade down, I’d be stoked to hear us call Kyle Pitts when we pick at 10. Guy is a flat out stud.

I don’t expect it to happen, nor do I think it would be the best thing to do, but if Kyle Pitts or Jaylen Waddle ended up as Cowboys, I would be downright giddy. So much fun.

I’d be legitimately open to the idea if the right trade scenario for Michael Gallup presented itself.

I have to say that secretly I was against us taking Sewell or Slater at 10 untill tonight. The Chiefs losing their tackles might be the deciding factor of tonight’s game. Mahomes hasn’t been able to set his feet, has been uncomfortable, and this juggernaut of an offense came to a screeching hault because of all the pressure. If Dak is our guy, we need to protect him.

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I have to say that secretly I was against us taking Sewell or Slater at 10 untill tonight. The Chiefs losing their tackles might be the deciding factor of tonight’s game. Mahomes hasn’t been able to set his feet, has been uncomfortable, and this juggernaut of an offense came to a screeching hault because of all the pressure. If Dak is our guy, we need to protect him.

At this point my short list (assuming we keep Dak and stay at 10) is Sewell, Surtain, Farley, and Slater, probably in that order. Absent a can't-miss stud on the DL or a remarkable trade offer, I don't know how else to maximize the pick than to nab a plug and play CB or OT. Those positions are pretty freaking important.

34 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

At this point my short list (assuming we keep Dak and stay at 10) is Sewell, Surtain, Farley, and Slater, probably in that order. Absent a can't-miss stud on the DL or a remarkable trade offer, I don't know how else to maximize the pick than to nab a plug and play CB or OT. Those positions are pretty freaking important.

If we are taking a true stud (like Sewell or Slater), I am definitely open to the OL plan. those guys can make life a lot easier for your QB for a decade.

I definitely hate the idea of drafting a 2nd or 3rd tier OL in the top-75, though. Not enough short term upside to justify for anything short of all-timer potential.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If we are taking a true stud (like Sewell or Slater), I am definitely open to the OL plan. those guys can make life a lot easier for your QB for a decade.

I definitely hate the idea of drafting a 2nd or 3rd tier OL in the top-75, though. Not enough short term upside to justify for anything short of all-timer potential.

Yeah I tend to agree that a Day 2 OT probably isn't worth it for this team compared to guys who could immediately contribute (presumably on defense, though there may be room for one more offensive playmaker). The upside of a franchise LT is just so high, and the downside is 16 more Terence Steele starts.