2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Cornerback version of his dad.

Cocky, alpha, PIA for every opponent. Physical and can make plays on the ball. Versatile and can play in just about any scheme. He's the type of guy that you love to hate if he's not on your team. Tons of fun to watch, though. Very grabby, with potential to be a guy who never gets the benefit of doubt from refs. He's smooth, but doesn't have elite speed or quickness.

To me, he's kind of on his own tier compared to recent prospects. He's not quite on the level of Okudah, Henderson, Surtain, or Farley as a prospect. But I think he's a clear step up from any other CB prospect of the last 2 years.

He’s not as long, but I see a lot of Richard Sherman in his game when I watch. Not the fastest, quickest guy on the field. But he’s gonna be in your face all day and when he makes a play he’ll let you know about it. That something that might spike interest from Quinn.

4 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

He’s not as long, but I see a lot of Richard Sherman in his game when I watch. Not the fastest, quickest guy on the field. But he’s gonna be in your face all day and when he makes a play he’ll let you know about it. That something that might spike interest from Quinn.

I think that’s not a bad comparison. He’d be a great fit in Quinn’s defense.

14 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Starting to research, and...

603 career snaps, yet decided to opt out of the final 2 games anyway, and Mark Stoops doesn’t exactly speak glowingly about him.

He’s a ballhawk, and is a smooth athlete. I mean, I can see how you could squint and think Marcus Peters, both in coverage style and personality. But man, at least Peters was able to play a bunch of high-level ball in college, and I think he was a lot more refined. Joseph has barely even stepped on the field.

My initial reaction is that drafting him in the top-50 would make me super nervous. If I had to guess, you are likely developing him for someone else to eventually reap some benefits. Gun to my head, let me see what Reggie Robinson has if the alternative is spending a premium pick on this guy.

Jeff Cavanaugh, who I think does a really good job, just said on Twitter that Joseph will be a top-5 corner for him. That’s making me think I need to dig a bit deeper. Apparently he put some really good tape up against Devonta Smith. Hopefully I can find that.

18 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Jeff Cavanaugh, who I think does a really good job, just said on Twitter that Joseph will be a top-5 corner for him. That’s making me think I need to dig a bit deeper. Apparently he put some really good tape up against Devonta Smith. Hopefully I can find that.

I believe I seen he also did well vs Kyle Pitts. iirc, it was Jason Pruett he dropped that

Edited by WizardHawk

Biggest issue with Horn seems to be that he can get a little grabby at times, and we all know NFL refs are chomping at the bit to make their presence known in key situations.

I saw a mock on Twitter where we move back with Indy at 21 to get him for a 2022 first rounder. Think that'd be pretty ideal.

4 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Biggest issue with Horn seems to be that he can get a little grabby at times, and we all know NFL refs are chomping at the bit to make their presence known in key situations.

I saw a mock on Twitter where we move back with Indy at 21 to get him for a 2022 first rounder. Think that'd be pretty ideal.

Yeah, throw a party if we can make that happen.

IF Surtain or Farley are not there at 10 trading back makes most sense.  there are a lot of options like Horn or Baremore that I would be happy with.   JUST NO TE please. I actually saw a mock draft having us take a TE at 10.

19 minutes ago, quiller said:

IF Surtain or Farley are not there at 10 trading back makes most sense.  there are a lot of options like Horn or Baremore that I would be happy with.   JUST NO TE please. I actually saw a mock draft having us take a TE at 10.

Gladly will trade back into the late teens to select Barmore or Horn 

31 minutes ago, quiller said:

It's not taking a TE. It's taking an elite weapon that's a mismatch for defenses in Florida's very own Pitts. Go Gators. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quiller said:

If Kyle Pitts is the selection at #10, I would be ecstatic. 

15 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

It's not taking a TE. It's taking an elite weapon that's a mismatch for defenses in Florida's very own Pitts. Go Gators. 

Next offseason you are going to need to invest something in an offensive playmaker; either re-signing Gallup or drafting someone high. Landing a special one, like Pitts, a year early is not an egregiously terrible use of resources.

Is it the optimal outcome for him to be the clear BPA at #10? I would say no. But for similar reasons as Penei Sewell, that doesn’t make it an unworthy selection if we find ourselves in a certain scenario.

I just worry about going another year with out having a élite defensive player on the field or the team. While Dlaw and Gregory are good neither are elite any more. Diggs is the closest we've got. I put this to fails of the last 4 year draft class. Looking at the rounds 1-4 defensive players still on team last few years..  2016 Jaylon smith.. enough said.. Maliek Collins-  been okay for a 3rd rounder 2017 Awuzi been okay, was a project to start, but last year was a bust mostly to injury. 2018  LVE was good one year been hurt sense. hopefully is good again  2019 ZERO - we did draft Tristian HIll - ouch.. 2020 Diggs is good so far.. but Gallimore and Robinson .. work in progress.  Also of the above only LVE was a first rounder...   that's five years of drafting and out of it looking at starters or regular contributors for 2021  we've got...  Diggs, Collins if we resign him, Awuzi if we resign him, maybe Gallimore and the mess that is LVE and Smith.  This is why our D is the dumps... sure I LOVE our offensive pics in the same time.   But our D has suffered badly.