2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

11 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

If gallup is traded. It opens up a lot. We saw how explosive our offense was with CeeDee. No reason to not keep that up. 

Ideas we trade gallup for a CB. 

Sign a FS and DT in FA. And party with Pitts or Waddle. 

Agreed. But I’m mostly curious how Cowboys fans would stack Pitt, Waddle, Chase, and Smith in order of preference, if a scenario like this were to play out.

13 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t particularly like it, but the offensive value is far superior in this scenario.

1. Chase
2. Waddle
3. Smith
4. Pitts

Can’t narrow down a 5th prospect right now, but Darrisaw, Vera-Tucker, Jaelan Phillips, and Moehrig would likely be in the mix.

Push comes to shove and no trade down is available, I might....might, be willing to move #10 for future picks all together.

JOK is probably my pick if I can’t take a skill position in this scenario.

Is your top 4 the same for Dallas as it would be not team specific? For the Cowboys, I just think Waddle would be such a perfect fit for this offense, but in general, I think Chase is the better overall prospect. But honestly think Pitts is the best of the bunch.

A lot of these questions depend upon what happens with QB.   IF we have Dak I am okay with saving salary by trading Gallup, but not if that means using 1st round or 2nd round pic on WR. That does not help us much long term and for sure hurts us short term.

Again I understand the concept of best player available and agree with it.  However when you go 6-8 years with adding only 5-6 quality players through the draft to your D then at some point you have to say.. BPA that is on the defensive side of the ball. 

I would do a happy dance for a long time if we get...  even if we have to trade down at some point in the draft...

Farley or Surtain or best Available CB with 3rd puc -   Grant or Moehrig -   McNeil or Baremore

Idealy..   Surtain - Moehrig - trade up to get McNeil   

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Agreed. But I’m mostly curious how Cowboys fans would stack Pitt, Waddle, Chase, and Smith in order of preference, if a scenario like this were to play out.

Smith’s size is a concern to me. He’s 175 Lbs. He’s an outstanding player, but I’d be concerned that he’ll disappear in games because of his lack of size.

16 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

• DAL
    Kyle Pitts
    TE Florida

• DAL
    Tyson Campbell
    CB Georgia
    trade icon
  • DAL
    Jevon Holland
    S Oregon

• DAL
    Marlon Tuipulotu
    DT USC

• DAL
    Monty Rice
    LB Georgia

• DAL
    Shaun Wade
    S Ohio State
    trade icon
  • DAL
    Chuba Hubbard
    RB Oklahoma State

• DAL
    Anthony Schwartz
    WR Auburn

• DAL
    Alaric Jackson
    OT Iowa

• DAL
    Jonathon Cooper
    EDGE Ohio State

I wouldn't cry me a river over it...  BUT we would have to CUT or trade Jarvin which I guess does help money wise. But the success of this draft would depend on Holland and Campbell (who I like) developing into a starter sooner rather then later.  I still though would prefer just swapping Farley or Surtain for Pitts who I don't see giving us much an edge year 1 or even year 2 over what we would get from Jarvis.     

OH.... and sorry for double post...   BUT if you really want to TRADE a WR to save money the answer is to TRADE COOP..   who really doesn't give us his $ worth based on what we get from Gallup.   Then oh yeah I can see a 2nd on a true speed WR.  

4 hours ago, quiller said:

OH.... and sorry for double post...   BUT if you really want to TRADE a WR to save money the answer is to TRADE COOP..   who really doesn't give us his $ worth based on what we get from Gallup.   Then oh yeah I can see a 2nd on a true speed WR.  

1) Trading Gallup isn’t about saving money, it’s about getting something for a player who very likely may not be a Cowboy in 2022. If you trade Cooper, then you have to pay Gallup to keep him in his place, therefore, not saving money.

2) Cooper is somehow even more under appreciated by this fanbase than Dak. Dude is such a good WR.

• Like 1

I happen to like Coop a lot, he was our over all best WR last year. But when we get to 2022-2024  the two WR's we have on our roster who I feel are the best money wise and field wise going forward are Lamb and Gallup. Just need to add a speedster Rookie to the mix.   I say this because while Cooper is better are running routes at this time Gallup will continue to improve and IMO I already feel Gallup is better at making contested catches then Coop. 

so with all this talk about Pitts does that mean Jarvin is going to be cut...

19 hours ago, quiller said:

I wouldn't cry me a river over it...  BUT we would have to CUT or trade Jarvin which I guess does help money wise. But the success of this draft would depend on Holland and Campbell (who I like) developing into a starter sooner rather then later.  I still though would prefer just swapping Farley or Surtain for Pitts who I don't see giving us much an edge year 1 or even year 2 over what we would get from Jarvis.     

Or, we keep him and make life impossible for defenses in 5-wide formations.

14 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

1) Trading Gallup isn’t about saving money, it’s about getting something for a player who very likely may not be a Cowboy in 2022. If you trade Cooper, then you have to pay Gallup to keep him in his place, therefore, not saving money.

2) Cooper is somehow even more under appreciated by this fanbase than Dak. Dude is such a good WR.

The issue with Cooper is that he doesn’t play well enough on the road, but I wouldn’t dump him.