2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

35 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

While I agree with your point, given our lack of general interest to top free agents, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

I’m interested to see how FA plays out. They did give McCoy a medium contract last year, and it’s certainly possible the FS group gets squeezed and Dallas could find a solid safety even on a bargain bin budget.

I do think they will get Quinn at least 1 rock-solid starter in FA. 

On 2/19/2021 at 10:55 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’d need to spend more time on the WR in the event they became a real option, but my initial thought would be:

1) Waddle    
2) Pitts     
3) Chase    
4) Smith

Waddle just adds such a perfect dimension to this offense that it doesn’t currently have, and Pitts is going to be a true matchup nightmare in the NFL. But I kind of think I would even take any of these 4 over Farley or Surtain if we traded Gallup away.

Been watching Waddle today. If we somehow end up in a scenario (likely by trading Gallup) where adding an offensive weapon makes sense, I think he’s my guy over Pitts (though I’d love Pitts, too). What a perfect fit with Amari, CeeDee, and Jarwin, and what a fun weapon for Kellen. Going in, I kind of had this idea that he was Henry Ruggs, but that is wrong. He’s Tyreke Hill. Maybe even Hill+.

I don’t expect it to happen. Nor do I think it’s the most ideal scenario. But man, it would sure be fun.

On 2/20/2021 at 12:39 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

JOK is probably my pick if I can’t take a skill position in this scenario.

Is your top 4 the same for Dallas as it would be not team specific? For the Cowboys, I just think Waddle would be such a perfect fit for this offense, but in general, I think Chase is the better overall prospect. But honestly think Pitts is the best of the bunch.

That’s my BPA. Focusing on a strictly Dallas board, I would agree Waddle brings a dimension we’ve not seen in Dallas before. Don’t believe you could draw up a better fit for the offense and/or return man for this team.

I’m really having a hard time pushing past defense at 10. The way things are shaping up though, probably a very good chance that the best guys on the board are on the offensive side. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

That’s my BPA. Focusing on a strictly Dallas board, I would agree Waddle brings a dimension we’ve not seen in Dallas before. Don’t believe you could draw up a better fit for the offense and/or return man for this team.

I’m really having a hard time pushing past defense at 10. The way things are shaping up though, probably a very good chance that the best guys on the board are on the offensive side. 

Seeing that the only players on defense worth taking at 10 are CBs, I have no issue going with offense if we feel that a starting CB can be found in rounds 2 or 3.

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m interested to see how FA plays out. They did give McCoy a medium contract last year, and it’s certainly possible the FS group gets squeezed and Dallas could find a solid safety even on a bargain bin budget.

I do think they will get Quinn at least 1 rock-solid starter in FA. 

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how they approach it since it's not like this team's lacking for needs. Once you start adding guys like Waddle, Parsons, and JOK to our list of targets to consider at #10, the closer you get to 8, 9 maybe 10 plausible candidates for the pick as of this moment? The stove is burning right now for anyone bored enough for a mock offseason.

Edited by matt79511

6 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Seeing that the only players on defense worth taking at 10 are CBs, I have no issue going with offense if we feel that a starting CB can be found in rounds 2 or 3.

I personally feel really good about JOK at #10, too.

I am very open to the idea of going corner in round 2. The position is completely loaded in this draft, you are likely to get a better prospect than Diggs at #44. But if you do that, the likelihood of landing an immediate starter at S and DT is pretty small, so we better have done a good job in FA.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I personally feel really good about JOK at #10, too.

I am very open to the idea of going corner in round 2. The position is completely loaded in this draft, you are likely to get a better prospect than Diggs at #44. But if you do that, the likelihood of landing an immediate starter at S and DT is pretty small, so we better have done a good job in FA.

This is my concern and probably why I would love us to trade back and get Baremore  then Moehrig or Grant round 2 to be followed by a CB.  

47 minutes ago, quiller said:

This is my concern and probably why I would love us to trade back and get Baremore  then Moehrig or Grant round 2 to be followed by a CB.  

I’m on board with trading down. But I still think the smart thing to do from a team-building standpoint is to not need an FS when the draft rolls around. FA has too much value at the position, and needing one on draft day is going to make things less inflexible.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'd be pretty pumped if we walked away with surtain/fairley and then a safety combo in the second maybe cisco/moehrig?

We can fix a lot of skill talent issues in the secondary in one off-season.

Cisco may fall to the middle rounds based on how he played this season. 

On 2/20/2021 at 1:45 AM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

If gallup is traded. It opens up a lot. We saw how explosive our offense was with CeeDee. No reason to not keep that up. 

Ideas we trade gallup for a CB. 

Sign a FS and DT in FA. And party with Pitts or Waddle. 

What’s Gallup’s worth on the market? Is there a defensive player you’ve got in mind, or draft pick compensation?

3 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

What’s Gallup’s worth on the market? Is there a defensive player you’ve got in mind, or draft pick compensation?

Other people disagree with me, but I don’t think there is a lot of value in trading Gallup for a draft pick. This WR class is stacked, I think teams would be more inclined to draft a guy than trade a 2nd round pick for a non-elite receiver that they have to give a big contract.

I think you’d probably be looking for a DT or safety in the last year of his contract who isn’t going to be re-signed by his team, either.