2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

1 minute ago, JWingate said:

From my understanding next years crop is awful.

When people say “next year’s crop is bad”, a Joe Burrow pops up. When they say, “don’t draft one this year, because next year will be better”, Matt Barkley was who they were talking about and you end up picking in the 20s. 

No matter what you think next year’s QB crop looks like, you are in a position to make a move for a good prospect *this year*. If you aren’t going to secure Dak for the long-term, that really should become a focus of our first pick.

Playing kick the can with Andy Dalton is just such a bad idea.

My problem still with not going CB at 10 is that means it becomes almost impossible to get a starting CB and a starting Safety in the draft when we need both very badly.   I feel we will regret terribly no matter what we do at QB if we don't come out of this draft with a starting at CB and Safety and solid back up at LB, DT and OL. 

If people say Pitts is the next Kelcee or Gronk then I guess you can't pass him up but he better be a game changer day one if you make that pick.   I still think though this makes no sense to us as we now almost have "too" many weapons on O.  I guess this pic would work if you then turn around and trade Gallup or Coop for some future pics and D help.

53 minutes ago, quiller said:

My problem still with not going CB at 10 is that means it becomes almost impossible to get a starting CB and a starting Safety in the draft when we need both very badly.   I feel we will regret terribly no matter what we do at QB if we don't come out of this draft with a starting at CB and Safety and solid back up at LB, DT and OL. 

If people say Pitts is the next Kelcee or Gronk then I guess you can't pass him up but he better be a game changer day one if you make that pick.   I still think though this makes no sense to us as we now almost have "too" many weapons on O.  I guess this pic would work if you then turn around and trade Gallup or Coop for some future pics and D help.

I think you are probably stressing too much about the safety thing before we have even seen a single day of free agency.

IMO, going into the draft, absolutely needing Moehrig or Grant to fall to us at #44, is not setting ourselves up for a successful or flexible draft. Your post is accurate, but it’s also the perfect explanation for why our biggest FA need is free safety.

Regarding the Pitts/Waddle thing. In a year, when Gallup walks in FA, having a young stud with 4 years left on his rookie contract would not be a bad thing. Drafting so focused on the short term gets you in trouble. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

Some interesting numbers here. Impressive from Oweh and Parson, but it doesn’t change my feelings on them. I’m not willing to take either, at least anywhere close to where I’d have to.

Really like the number by Horn, though. If he’s legit 4.4, I don’t see any way he falls into the 20s. He’s a much better prospect than AJ Terrell was, 4.4 speed or not.

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Some interesting numbers here. Impressive from Oweh and Parson, but it doesn’t change my feelings on them. I’m not willing to take either, at least anywhere close to where I’d have to.

Really like the number by Horn, though. If he’s legit 4.4, I don’t see any way he falls into the 20s. He’s a much better prospect than AJ Terrell was, 4.4 speed or not.

Parsons’ speed is stupid. I hope Philly wastes their pick on him.

And how the hell does a DE run a 4.34?!?

Edited by plan9misfit

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Where do you rank him on your big board? We just made you cowboys GM, next year. 

For FFMD? Haha, not a chance.

For real life? Definitely behind Sewell and Farley. The next 5 I don’t have much conviction on the order yet, and I would probably rank them differently tomorrow, but gun to my head I’d go JOK, Waddle, Pitts, Slater, Surtain. 

10 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Dak contract lined up. I'm going Kyle Pitts. 

Zeke. Cooper. Gallup. CeeDee. Pitts. Jarwin.

Now its just a Kellen Moore hey bro go to work kind of lineup.

I’m very open to almost anything not named Parsons at #10.

But the thought of the Giants drafting Pitts 1 spot after we passed on him is a bit nauseating. 

28 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

lol. This has to be shaping up as the fastest draft class ever. 

Probably safe to add .06-.1 onto every 40 time you see. But this is a terrific time for Newsome, even if you do that.

The CB class is totally stacked. It’s really so much better than 2020.

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Probably safe to add .06-.1 onto every 40 time you see. But this is a terrific time for Newsome, even if you do that.

The CB class is totally stacked. It’s really so much better than 2020.

It’s definitely a great year to have a need at CB.