2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

2 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I think we can grab him in the second. Would be a good place to justify his value. I do feel like there are other pass rushers we can look at.

Honestly I’m not opposed to the idea of Jaelen Philips at 10.

That’s a big “NO” from me.

17 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I think we can grab him in the second. Would be a good place to justify his value. I do feel like there are other pass rushers we can look at.

Honestly I’m not opposed to the idea of Jaelen Philips at 10.

I'm usually not happy about us taking an often injured player who drops to the second.  I'd flip over taking a formerly medically retired player @10. 

17 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

He isn’t undersized. I think you’re thinking about Ar’Darius Washington. He’s undersized.

9/5/20: If Holland were larger, I would have him as the top safety for the 2021 NFL Draft, as he is a tremendous coverage safety with the ability to play some cornerback. His listed numbers, however, could be inflated according to team sources, and those who have seen him in person say he is undersized for the NFL

walterfootball.com

I do feel like there is some truth to this. Even on tape he doesn’t look like what he is listed. Im not worried with size for A. Washington because he plays bigger. Don’t feel the same way about Holland. 

20 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yikes. Yeah, that’s a no from me.

We seem to have an annual draft milestone of missing out on the premium pass rusher just right before our pick. For once I feel like we are in reach.

What scares you about Philips? His tape has been fun to watch so far 

4 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We seem to have an annual draft milestone of missing out on the premium pass rusher just right before our pick.  

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about on this ... Takk McKinley?

4 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

What scares you about Philips? His tape has been fun to watch so far 

An extensive injury history, including concussions that caused him to medically retire from football, along with a lot of other injury problems from a motor accident. No thank you.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:28 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’ve not been a huge fan of the DL in this class, but just I just watched Carlos Basham, and he is one that has real potential to be a dude.

They gave him some 3T play in the Senior Bowl, and that’s 100% where he belongs, IMO. He has more than enough room to add some weight and he’ll terrorize guards and centers with his length, explosion, and quickness. I actually think I’d take him over Barmore or Onwuzurike, if that was their vision for him. I’m a lot less intrigued by his potential as an Edge.

Haven’t watched Basham, but I have the same opinion of Milton Williams. 

Divine Deablo, you guys.

I am really impressed. I think he might be the most under-discussed player relative to how much I like him.

Athletically, he essentially tested as Kam Chancellor’s clone, except faster. He’s a terrific tackler, with a really good trigger, and he shows some really nice feel for zone coverage. Proven playmaker and leader. Still a lot of upside, as he’s still pretty new to defense. Plus, that name is amazing.

Worst case, he’s arguably the best special teamer in this draft class.

Base case, he follows Keanu Neal around like a sponge for a year, and starts at OLB or SS in 2022.

Best case, he’s the next Kam Chancellor, and everyone looks back like, “duh, how did we not realize that was going to happen? They were basically the same person coming out of the draft.” (Remember, Kam was way understaffed, too)

I’m fine with him at #75, and doing cartwheels at #99. Way underrated right now. He’s better than Hamsah Nasirildeen (who I like a lot as well).

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Divine Deablo, you guys.

I am really impressed. I think he might be the most under-discussed player relative to how much I like him.

Athletically, he essentially tested as Kam Chancellor’s clone, except faster. He’s a terrific tackler, with a really good trigger, and he shows some really nice feel for zone coverage. Proven playmaker and leader. Still a lot of upside, as he’s still pretty new to defense. Plus, that name is amazing.

Worst case, he’s arguably the best special teamer in this draft class.

Base case, he follows Keanu Neal around like a sponge for a year, and starts at OLB or SS in 2022.

Best case, he’s the next Kam Chancellor, and everyone looks back like, “duh, how did we not realize that was going to happen? They were basically the same person coming out of the draft.” (Remember, Kam was way understaffed, too)

I’m fine with him at #75, and doing cartwheels at #99. Way underrated right now. He’s better than Hamsah Nasirildeen (who I like a lot as well).

We wont draft a safety,  unless it's in the 6th or 7th round, and then we'll say we had a 3rd round grade on the guy.

I did 4 mocks through 5 rounds; each one from a different site. No trades.

NFL Mock Draft Database

10 Rashawn Slater OT | Northwestern 
44 Eric Stokes CB | Georgia
75 Alim McNeill DL | NC State
99 Ben Cleveland IOL | Georgia
115 Patrick Jones II EDGE | Pittsburgh
138 Richard LeCounte S | Georgia
179 Divine Deablo S | Virginia Tech

PFN

10. Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama
44. Richie Grant S UCF
75. Dylan Moses LB Alabama
99. Tyler Shelvin DT LSU
115. Andre Cisco S Syracuse
138. Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
179. Milton Williams DT Louisiana Tech

The Draft Network

10. Kyle Pitts TE, Florida
44. Asante Samuel Jr. CB, Florida State
75. Jamar Johnson S, Indiana
99. Alim McNeill IDL, NC State
115. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pittsburgh
138. Walker Little OT, Stanford
179. Divine Deablo S, Virginia Tech

PFF

10. Penei Sewell T, Oregon
44. Ritchie Grant S, UCF
75. Kelvin Joseph CB, Kentucky
99. Jamin Davis LB, Kentucky
115. Milton Williams DL, Louisiana Tech
138. Patrick Jones II ED, Pittsburgh
179. Rhamondre Stevenson HB, Oklahoma

I wouldn’t cry me a river over any of those.  But PFN checks a lot of boxes for me.   My main issue with draft network is NO LB.     and PFF no OL

Edited by quiller
Sp