2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

If we are able to land Pitts at 10, I can see us trading back into the 1st for a defensive player.

If we do that I just hope everyone on this board are right that Pitts is more like Gronk in his prime, Kelce or Kittle then say others in the top TE list. That is my main worry about Pitts he ends up not being a All Pro at his position.  But if we do take Pitts then trade back up to get say Horn, I think it would cost "too much" to get back to Surtain. I also do not want to trade any 1st round pics in this scenario.   But might agree, next years 1st and maybe a 4th-5th this year if we can lock into getting Surtain keeping our 44 so that we can get a high level LB or even Grant if he falls to us..  

5 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Not sure this necessarily means trading up so much as landing a player we have a particular affinity for that slips for whatever reason, as with Diggs last year. Feels like a number of different LBs would be in that mix, between Collins, Davis, Bolton and Cox. Maybe an OT or DE depending on who’s available (I’m assuming it’s CB in the first)

If you read the rest of Marches Mosher’s tweets, he’s definitely implying the Cowboys might trade up.

I agree with you, though. There is going to be some serious talent on the board at #44. The player is going to have to be really special relative to how far they fell, to get me excited about trading assets to move up in the 2nd round. Greg Newsome, maybe, if we passed on CB at #10. JOK or Moehrig, possibly. But the list is really short.

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If you read the rest of Marches Mosher’s tweets, he’s definitely implying the Cowboys might trade up.

I agree with you, though. There is going to be some serious talent on the board at #44. The player is going to have to be really special relative to how far they fell, to get me excited about trading assets to move up in the 2nd round. Greg Newsome, maybe, if we passed on CB at #10. JOK or Moehrig, possibly. But the list is really short.

This is essentially my take.   10 and 44 offer Defensive playmaker potential in this draft. I just don't see the extended value of loosing the pic at 44 to go to 25 or so.  The only way I am on board with trading up is if we go Pitts at 10...  then I still want to do what ever I can to KEEP 44.  Trading up to get JOK and Moehrig not so much...   Newsome-Horn YES maybe     I would rather move a few spots stay in 2nd get Grant then sell the farm to get Moehrig or JOK. 

Well three weeks to go and a ton of speculation still to come. 

2 minutes ago, quiller said:

This is essentially my take.   10 and 44 offer Defensive playmaker potential in this draft. I just don't see the extended value of loosing the pic at 44 to go to 25 or so.  The only way I am on board with trading up is if we go Pitts at 10...  then I still want to do what ever I can to KEEP 44.  Trading up to get JOK and Moehrig not so much...   Newsome-Horn YES maybe     I would rather move a few spots stay in 2nd get Grant then sell the farm to get Moehrig or JOK. 

Yeah, I’m not selling the farm for anyone. I’m only talking about if they fall into range that something like pick #99 is enough.

I also agree, if we don’t draft a CB at #10, I’m laser focused on it with our next pick. If that’s trading up for Newsome or standing pat for someone else, need is almost certainly going to meet value there.

13 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah I think a trade up of 10-15 or so spots for Moehrig makes some sense, but otherwise it seems like an opportune spot to let the draft come to us. Recent history suggests we usually do end up with a “Top 20 talent” in the 2nd round, for better or worse, with or without moving up.

11 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Yeah I think a trade up of 10-15 or so spots for Moehrig makes some sense, but otherwise it seems like an opportune spot to let the draft come to us. Recent history suggests we usually do end up with a “Top 20 talent” in the 2nd round, for better or worse, with or without moving up.

I couldn’t agree more. I actually think #75 is the spot where I’d prefer to get aggressive. Go up and get *another* one of those top-25ish guys who fell into the mid 2nd round.

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
3 hours ago, quiller said:

Expand  

Yeah, I’m not selling the farm for anyone. I’m only talking about if they fall into range that something like pick #99 is enough.

I also agree, if we don’t draft a CB at #10, I’m laser focused on it with our next pick. If that’s trading up for Newsome or standing pat for someone else, need is almost certainly going to

If Pitts/Waddle were the pick at 10 and Dallas wanted to get back into 1st for Newsome/Moehrig, I think packaging 44 and Gallup would have potential.

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Like I said, I would not be surprised if LB is the target at 44. It's looking like LVE's fifth-year option won't be exercised and Jaylon is year-to-year at this point. I think 2nd tier at LB behind Parsons and JOK is cementing in the four of Collins, Davis, Bolton and Cox- almost no chance that group is wiped out by our second pick. Just hope they don't trade up for any of them.