Jump to content

2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Hypothetically. We drafter Slater or Sewell. No top tier OL are left.

Is pick 44 + Williams close to getting us back into the first? 

Need mid 3rd rd value. Doubt we’re getting that for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Need mid 3rd rd value. Doubt we’re getting that for him.

Honestly, we should. The league is starved for OL. And while he may be the weakest link for Dallas...hed be a strength for Cincy or value for the chargers and seahawks and chiefs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dane Brugler release his 7 Round Mock Draft. There are players deep into this draft that can have an impact in the NFL. There's definitely opportunity to add some really good pieces.

#10 - Partick Surtain
Also Available
Jaylen Waddle, Jaycee Horn

#44 - Jevon Holland
Also Available
Sam Cosmi, Ifeatu Melifonwu, Tyson Campbell, Carlos Basham, Liam Eichenberg, Nick Bolton

Just Missed
Richie Grant, Jabril Cox, Eric Stokes

#75 Marlon Tuipulotu
Also Available
Daviyon Nixon, Paulson Adebo, Baron Browning, Spencer Brown, Alim McNeill, Jamar Johnson

Just Missed
Divine Deablo

#99 D'Ante Smith
Also Available
James Hudson, Pete Werner

#115 Chauncey Golston
Also Available
Osa Odighizuwa, Tommy Togiai, Keith Taylor, Hamsah Nasirildeen, Derek Barnes, Tyree Gillespie

#138 Dylan Moses
Also Available
Marvin Wilson, Ar'Darius Washington, Tony Fields, Caden Sterns

#179 Trevon Grimes
Also Available
Garret Wallow

#192 John Bates
Also Available
Monty Rice, Khyiris Tonga, Frank Darby

#227 William Sherman

#238 Kene Nwangwu

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dane Brugler release his 7 Round Mock Draft. There are players deep into this draft that can have an impact in the NFL. There's definitely opportunity to add some really good pieces.

#10 - Partick Surtain
Also Available
Jaylen Waddle, Jaycee Horn

#44 - Jevon Holland
Also Available
Sam Cosmi, Ifeatu Melifonwu, Tyson Campbell, Carlos Basham, Liam Eichenberg, Nick Bolton

Just Missed
Richie Grant, Jabril Cox, Eric Stokes

#75 Marlon Tuipulotu
Also Available
Daviyon Nixon, Paulson Adebo, Baron Browning, Spencer Brown, Alim McNeill, Jamar Johnson

Just Missed
Divine Deablo

#99 D'Ante Smith
Also Available
James Hudson, Pete Werner

#115 Chauncey Golston
Also Available
Osa Odighizuwa, Tommy Togiai, Keith Taylor, Hamsah Nasirildeen, Derek Barnes, Tyree Gillespie

#138 Dylan Moses
Also Available
Marvin Wilson, Ar'Darius Washington, Tony Fields, Caden Sterns

#179 Trevon Grimes
Also Available
Garret Wallow

#192 John Bates
Also Available
Monty Rice, Khyiris Tonga, Frank Darby

#227 William Sherman

#238 Kene Nwangwu

I am... whelmed, lol. Haven’t given Holland much thought as I don’t expect us to open up with consecutive DBs, though it’s certainly possible. Interesting how far he has Togiai and Wilson falling

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I am... whelmed, lol. Haven’t given Holland much thought as I don’t expect us to open up with consecutive DBs, though it’s certainly possible. Interesting how far he has Togiai and Wilson falling

I’m not totally in love with the draft he gave us, but there are feasible drafts with the players on the board that would make me thrilled.

Togiai is a NT in a 3T’s body. He won’t be a fit for everyone, but might be a good fit for Dallas, and won’t be surprised if he goes much earlier. Wilson, I just think, I’d not a great prospect.

I think Nick Bolton’s drop has been silly. The guy is such a baller. And the offensive tackle prospects in round 2 and 3 are very intriguing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Based on the above, I see a world where Waddle is actually the best pick given how deep the CB draft is.

I was thinking Slater, whom I guess is off the board here, but yeah offense at 10 is much more palatable if you expect Campbell to make it to 44

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

#10 - Jaylen Waddle

#44 -  Nick Bolton

#75 Paulson Adebo

#99 Pete Werner

#115 Tommy Togiai

#138 Ar'Darius Washington

#179 Trevon Grimes

#192 Khyiris Tonga

#227 William Sherman

#238 Kene Nwangwu

Thoughts on this draft?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m not totally in love with the draft he gave us, but there are feasible drafts with the players on the board that would make me thrilled.

Togiai is a NT in a 3T’s body. He won’t be a fit for everyone, but might be a good fit for Dallas, and won’t be surprised if he goes much earlier. Wilson, I just think, I’d not a great prospect.

I think Nick Bolton’s drop has been silly. The guy is such a baller. And the offensive tackle prospects in round 2 and 3 are very intriguing.

Yeah, the “also available” list at 44 especially is a who’s who of why you and I agree that trading up from that pick is unnecessary, barring someone egregiously falling

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Thoughts on this draft?

In practice, I don’t think I’d have the balls to pass on a CB at #44, in hopes that Adebo fell to #75. But if it worked out that way, I’d be pretty happy.

And weirdly, I think I like just about everyone on the also available list at #115 better than #99. Give me Barnes over Werner, probably.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

PFN mock, no trades. Probably the best haul I've gotten that seems vaguely realistic.

10. Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama

44. Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama

75. Alim McNeill DT North Carolina State

99. Jamar Johnson S Indiana

115. Patrick Jones EDGE Pittsburgh

138. Jaelon Darden WR North Texas

179. Shakur Brown CB Michigan State

192. Derrick Barnes LB Purdue

227. Israel Mukuamu S South Carolina

238. Isaiah McDuffie LB Boston College

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

PFN mock, no trades. Probably the best haul I've gotten that seems vaguely realistic.

10. Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama

44. Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama

75. Alim McNeill DT North Carolina State

99. Jamar Johnson S Indiana

115. Patrick Jones EDGE Pittsburgh

138. Jaelon Darden WR North Texas

179. Shakur Brown CB Michigan State

192. Derrick Barnes LB Purdue

227. Israel Mukuamu S South Carolina

238. Isaiah McDuffie LB Boston College

Love basically all of this. If those first 4 are the actual picks, that’s a home run draft, IMO.

Derrick Barnes isn’t sniffing 192 on draft day, but I’m fine picking him at 115. He’s probably my favorite LB target if we miss out on the usual suspects of Bolton/Cox/Browning/Davis. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

PFN mock, no trades. Probably the best haul I've gotten that seems vaguely realistic.

10. Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama

44. Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama

75. Alim McNeill DT North Carolina State

99. Jamar Johnson S Indiana

115. Patrick Jones EDGE Pittsburgh

138. Jaelon Darden WR North Texas

179. Shakur Brown CB Michigan State

192. Derrick Barnes LB Purdue

227. Israel Mukuamu S South Carolina

238. Isaiah McDuffie LB Boston College

That's a very solid draft. The first 5 picks are money.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Love basically all of this. If those first 4 are the actual picks, that’s a home run draft, IMO.

Derrick Barnes isn’t sniffing 192 on draft day, but I’m fine picking him at 115. He’s probably my favorite LB target if we miss out on the usual suspects of Bolton/Cox/Browning/Davis. 

Yeah Barnes was the one pick that felt like a real stretch, but it was only a two round difference from where he’s projected so I let it slide. He may not slip through the cracks to that degree but there’s always guys that do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Yeah Barnes was the one pick that felt like a real stretch, but it was only a two round difference from where he’s projected so I let it slide. He may not slip through the cracks to that degree but there’s always guys that do.

For sure. I just think he’s going to be the guy that goes a round or two earlier than expected, rather than a round or two later. We’ll see, but in any case, really a good realistic draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • D82 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...