2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

12 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Yes you mentioned he is in the top 5, but that didn't lead me to believe that anyone ON HERE believes he can/should be our pick!! re -read other responses, including your post

"Our best case scenario is to end up with the #2 pick, with Jax ending up with like #8ish. Then they can give us both their first rounders for Fields."

This whole ordeal gives me creepy Rivers/Brees vibes. Maybe even Warner/Eli (even though Eli won 2 due to his defense). 

Even if we had a chance at Lawrence, I would listen to offers. People say "Dak is going to cost so much!!" - well getting a bunch of first round picks will absolutely offset that expense.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

We currently sit at pick 8 fwiw. 

Just for fun, 8th overall the last few drafts

2020 - Isaiah Simmons, LB
2019 - T.J. Hockenson, TE
2018 - Roquan Smith, LB
2017 - Christian McCaffrey, RB
2016 - Jack Conklin, T

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Our best case scenario is to end up with the #2 pick, with Jax ending up with like #8ish. Then they can give us both their first rounders for Fields. 

I don't really agree that this is the best case scenario. I actually think a return like this would be the absolute floor on the trade value for the #2 pick. We could very likely end up with more than that, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don't really agree that this is the best case scenario. I actually think a return like this would be the absolute floor on the trade value for the #2 pick. We could very likely end up with more than that, IMO.

Agreed. I'm asking for both 1st round picks, their 2nd round pick and a 1st next year. I would settle for their 1sts this year, a 2nd and a 3rd.

Edited by CAPJ

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Obviously we would ask for a RG3 type haul. Getting picks was my point.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Obviously we would ask for a RG3 type haul. Getting picks was my point.

For sure.

• For RG3, the Rams got #6, #39, and 2 future first round picks
  • For Carson Wentz, the Browns got #8, a 3rd rounder, 4th rounder, and future 1st and 2nd rounders 

Something anywhere in that range would be really, really nice.

Reminder... bc they suck so bad, DAL is going to have 3 picks in the top 75...
And with their own 4th, plus the comp picks for Quinn & Byron, you probably have 3 more in the next 60 picks...

Dallas has some great draft stock upcoming regardless. The trade back scenarios from #2 or 3 could really make this draft very intriguing for us. 

I hate it being week 7 and I’ve moved into draft mode already.

On 10/25/2020 at 6:55 PM, Matts4313 said:

Even if we had a chance at Lawrence, I would listen to offers. People say "Dak is going to cost so much!!" - well getting a bunch of first round picks will absolutely offset that expense.

I agree with this. Even though I'm on board with Lawrence over Dak. If Dallas has the number 2 pick (fingers crossed lol) if some team wants to offer 2 firsts and more, you easily take the deal and stick with Dak.