2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

The Draft Network, 5 Rounds, no trades. Before you ask, Surtain was selected by Carolina.

10. Jaycee Horn CB, South Carolina
44. Christian Barmore IDL, Alabama
75. Richie Grant S, UCF
99. Alim McNeill IDL, NC State
115. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pittsburgh
138. JaCoby Stevens S, LSU
179. Kary Vincent Jr. CB, LSU

• Like 2

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

The Draft Network, 5 Rounds, no trades. Before you ask, Surtain was selected by Carolina.

10. Jaycee Horn CB, South Carolina
44. Christian Barmore IDL, Alabama
75. Richie Grant S, UCF
99. Alim McNeill IDL, NC State
115. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pittsburgh
138. JaCoby Stevens S, LSU
179. Kary Vincent Jr. CB, LSU

I'd be thrilled with that. 

4 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I didn’t want to be let down on draft day so Ive come to terms with the fact that he won’t be there for us at 10.

You have to get past that 4-5-6 gauntlet. If you can get it to go: 

#4 (ATL or someone else) - QB   
#5 (Cincy) - Sewell   
#6 (Miami) - Chase

I think you might have a fighting chance. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

19 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

https://youtu.be/ZO6t2KkFadk

1. Milton Williams at 44?

2. Farley medicals look good?

3. Use 44 to trade up?

I like the idea of Milton Williams. Will he be there at 75. i know his pro day numbers were off the charts but he came in expected to go in the 90's.  I don't want him at 44 though that could be a mistake not getting him. 

IF I can get Surtain then Grant and Williams is there at 75 I would think about him here. The problem I see though is we need LB's and there are zero LB I trust to get in the 99 later pick.  I know the board hates Shelvin . But I would be happier with LB Browning at 75 then Shelvin or Twyman at 99. Over Williams at 75 and any one else we might get like Hudson or James for the OL.  

A lot of this depends how happy we are with the safety position...  Certainly we could go...

Surtain, DT Williams, OT Radnuz, LB Cox edge Jones S Ford    to me that wouldn't suck though if Williams and Radnuz do not pan out to be as good as projected, always a risk with players from small schools this draft would not be good.  IF they become pro bowlers then it would rock...   

16 minutes ago, quiller said:

I like the idea of Milton Williams. Will he be there at 75. i know his pro day numbers were off the charts but he came in expected to go in the 90's.  I don't want him at 44 though that could be a mistake not getting him. 

IF I can get Surtain then Grant and Williams is there at 75 I would think about him here. The problem I see though is we need LB's and there are zero LB I trust to get in the 99 later pick.  I know the board hates Shelvin . But I would be happier with LB Browning at 75 then Shelvin or Twyman at 99. Over Williams at 75 and any one else we might get like Hudson or James for the OL.  

A lot of this depends how happy we are with the safety position...  Certainly we could go...

Surtain, DT Williams, OT Radnuz, LB Cox edge Jones S Ford    to me that wouldn't suck though if Williams and Radnuz do not pan out to be as good as projected, always a risk with players from small schools this draft would not be good.  IF they become pro bowlers then it would rock...   

One day I’m going to move you off this Paris Ford idea.

re: Milton Williams - He wasn’t overly productive at a small school, despite his ridiculous athleticism. He feels a little redundant to Gallimore and Hill. It’s hard to imagine him as an early impact guy, and there are so many guys at #44 who are. But he’s on my list to watch soon, there’s enough smoke on it.

Re: Radunz - He is not going to last until #75. That dude is a really good footballer. Take him at #44 and prosper, IMO.

41 minutes ago, quiller said:

Paris Ford shouldn't be on anyone's draft boards. He's not an NFL player.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You have to get past that 4-5-6 gauntlet. If you can get it to go: 

#4 (ATL or someone else) - QB   
#5 (Cincy) - Sewell   
#6 (Miami) - Chase

I think you might have a fighting chance. 

I know they just took Hockenson in the top 10, but I think you can add Detroit at 7 to that list. They need a WR, and they might view Pitts as Megatron 2.0.

4 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I know they just took Hockenson in the top 10, but I think you can add Detroit at 7 to that list. They need a WR, and they might view Pitts as Megatron 2.0.

Literally any team can justify taking him, so I don’t disagree. I just think if he gets past 6, it becomes a really possibility (33%?) that he lasts to #10. 

I would not be apposed to taking Radnuz at 44 if we get Surtain or Horn in the 1st.

I know people are down on Ford and Shelvin on this board.

But when I look at who might be there especially in the 5th round and we haven't got a safety yet, unless we also haven't gotten any OL help I think our best bet is take a flyer on Ford incase he surprises and he can work special teams as no one else has any real value at that point.  IF nothing else he can be a good deep safety in our dime package.  

I also would only take a flyer on Shelvin if we haven't taken a DT yet. I know people say Shelvin will not be a improvement on Hill Gallimore and Woods. My take on that is one reason I am interested in going DT is to find a person who has some size and can set the LOS and not get blown off the ball so easily.  Gallimore and Hill go 300lbs, Woods 320. They get blown up too easily and are not as quick as I like getting off the ball and getting penetration. Shelvin  goes 345 and probably when  in shape to NFL standards would have a playing weight of 335 or so.  My take on Shelvin, not a every down player at all, but with some minor coaching can be a huge help on early downs, especially against the run by staying solid and at times requiring a double team freeing up the LB's and the rest of our DL, he would work well besides Hill, Gallimore and Woods.