2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

30 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Did you study him in 2019?

I didn't, so I don't know for sure. But it seems to me that Occam's Razor is he wasn't actually that great in 2019. 

We have prospects like him and Marvin Wilson who were highly touted before everything was really scrutinized. And the only time their tape is really getting widely picked apart is now, when people are focusing on their recent tape. People fall into this trap of thinking, "But he used to be so good! What happened?"

When the reality is probably closer to the Gregory Rousseaus, Paris Fords, Jaylen Twymans of the world. Had they not gone back to school, Wade's and Wilson's tape from 2019 would be looked at more closely, and people would realize those players weren't as good as they originally thought. But instead, we view these guys as former superstars. I don't really buy it. Wade will be burnt toast in the pros, just like he was this year. 

Honestly I havnt studied him, just going off hearsay. But I totally get what you’re saying. This draft is going to be u like any other with player like him and Wilson who underwhelmed, players that opted out, and the one year wonder guys who shined in a short covid season.

3 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Honestly I havnt studied him, just going off hearsay. But I totally get what you’re saying. This draft is going to be u like any other with player like him and Wilson who underwhelmed, players that opted out, and the one year wonder guys who shined in a short covid season.

GIve me players who:

-Opted out, but tested well athletically and their tape stood up to scrutiny; or
-Thrived in the adverse 2020 environment

Anyone who falls into one of those two buckets, I'm excited about.

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Who would be your dream targets to fall to #44? I.e. who would be this year’s Trevon Diggs equivalent for you? I have a list of 5:

-Greg Newsome

-Jamin Davis

-Trevon Moehrig

-Christian Barmore

-Aziz Ojulari

I would add to yours:

Tevin Jenkins

Richie Grant(Although we apparently don't like him)

Kelvin Joseph

Caleb Farley

5 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I would add to yours:

Tevin Jenkins

Richie Grant(Although we apparently don't like him)

Kelvin Joseph

Caleb Farley

I don’t really view Tevin Jenkins as head and shoulders different than the other OTs that could be available at #44. I would love him there, but if you told me the Cowboys preferred a guy like Leatherwood, Radunz, Cosmi, Eicheberg over him, I wouldn’t be totally surprised.

Richie Grant, to me, is also a base case target. Will be very happy if he’s there (along with Jevon Holland), but not a dream.

Not a fan of Kelvin Joseph for this team. At all.

Caleb Farley is a good add to the list. Especially if we don’t take a CB in the first.

If the first two days ended with this how would you feel?

• 1.10 - Kyle Pitts, TE
  • 2.44 - Nick Bolton, LB
  • 3.75 - Paulson Adebo, CB
  • 3.99 - Tommy Togiai, DL

Honestly I think any draft I come away with Pitts I am happy. The rest can be throwing stuff at the defense for all I care. 

40 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Who would be your dream targets to fall to #44? I.e. who would be this year’s Trevon Diggs equivalent for you? I have a list of 5:

-Greg Newsome

-Jamin Davis

-Trevon Moehrig

-Christian Barmore

-Aziz Ojulari

I think these are all pretty pie in the sky at 44, which is the spirit of the exercise of course. My list ruling out guys I think will almost definitely be gone (Ojulari, Collins, Moehrig, Newsome, Barmore)-

1. Davis

2. Onwuzurike

3. Leatherwood

4. Holland

5. Ossai

HM/T-6. Eichenberg/Cosmi

this also assumes CB at 10, otherwise move Stokes and Melifonwu to the top and drop everyone else a peg

37 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I think these are all pretty pie in the sky at 44, which is the spirit of the exercise of course. My list ruling out guys I think will almost definitely be gone (Ojulari, Collins, Moehrig, Newsome, Barmore)-

1. Davis

2. Onwuzurike

3. Leatherwood

4. Holland

5. Ossai

HM/T-6. Eichenberg/Cosmi

this also assumes CB at 10, otherwise move Stokes and Melifonwu to the top and drop everyone else a peg

Yeah, I guess what I was really looking for are the names you might actually make a modest trade up for if they tumbled into the late 30s. I do agree they are likely to be gone.

I like your list a lot, though I am definitely standing pat at #44 for any of them, save Davis.

52 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

If the first two days ended with this how would you feel?

• 1.10 - Kyle Pitts, TE
  • 2.44 - Nick Bolton, LB
  • 3.75 - Paulson Adebo, CB
  • 3.99 - Tommy Togiai, DL

Honestly I think any draft I come away with Pitts I am happy. The rest can be throwing stuff at the defense for all I care. 

This would be a dream draft. 

But if #10 and #44 happen, I don’t think you can afford to be passive with #75. There’s a really good chance the CB board is wiped out by then. Trade up and lock in Adebo/Melifonwu/Campbell/Stokes as soon as it’s feasible. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This would be a dream draft. 

But if #10 and #44 happen, I don’t think you can afford to be passive with #75. There’s a really good chance the CB board is wiped out by then. Trade up and lock in Adebo/Melifonwu/Campbell/Stokes as soon as it’s feasible. 

I don't know how to feel about CBs anymore. It just seems like so many of them exists. I am starting to believe CBs will fall...because of the sheer volume of talent. 

But I am not opposed to trading up. We have a ton of picks.