2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Yeah, I think realistically we would get more - but I didn't want that to cloud the exercise. 

I think I would also trade down since I am at the point where it is Sewell & Pitts...and then trade down for assets. 

I have almost come full circle on Surtain, too. It's very tempting to me to just sit there and make the incredibly obvious and safe pick, and go win some football games. I'm fine if they don't go that direction, but I do think we risk outsmarting ourselves.

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

If it pans out this way sure. But, I'm assuming that teams have already made their trade and all 5 QBs are off the board. Hard to imagine this scenario playing out any other way.

If all 5 QBs are off the board by the time our pick is up, then I’d question why either of those teams would want to jump up. That said, I’d still consider trading with NE.

Edited by plan9misfit

13 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If all 5 QBs are off the board by the time our pick is up, then I’d question why either of those teams would want to jump up. That said, I’d still consider trading with NE.

You definitely aren’t getting a call from Chicago in that scenario. NE seems unlikely, but maybe.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

With rumors swirling of the Chargers liking OL - I wonder if Slater falls if they don't start calling Dallas very heavily. 

I’d be surprised.

Slater’s versatility makes him the 2nd best OL, but the drop off to Darrisaw at LT is not that large, and the dropoff to AVT at guard isn’t that significant, either. Chargers aren’t going to give up a bounty to move up.

And from our end, are we going to let the Eagle or Giants select our top 2 choices, just for, at best, a mid third round pick?

I can’t see the Chargers being a trade match.

21 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Let's say you plan to use #115 to trade up in either the 2nd or 3rd round. Basically:

Option A (2nd round trade up)
#38 & #75

Or

Option B (3rd round trade up)
#44 & #62

You have to make the decision right now, not knowing to what players are on the board. Which would you do?

B.

44 & 62.

37 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Let's say you plan to use #115 to trade up in either the 2nd or 3rd round. Basically:

Option A (2nd round trade up)
#38 & #75

Or

Option B (3rd round trade up)
#44 & #62

You have to make the decision right now, not knowing to what players are on the board. Which would you do?

Who did we draft in the 1st round? That will largely influence my decision.

11 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

B.

44 & 62.

100% my choice, too. #44 is going to have a heap of really good players. But there is going to be a big talent break somewhere around the late-60s. At #62, you can even feel really comfortable that a rookie starting corner will be sitting there for you.

39 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:
53 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I hate this so much. 

Expand  

That trade doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. We’d eat a ton of dead money to essentially replace one WR with another. 

Doesn't trading Coop, save $15m? Thought I seen that somewhere along the line.  

Either way, not sure it makes much sense. We would be trading one WR for another. This trade only puts Coop's value at pick 50, which isn't high enough for me. 

• Like 1