2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

16 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I can completely believe this. Especially with MM having history with Horn. 

I think it’s also viewed as technique and finesse vs aggression and physicality. Quinn likes aggressive DBs, so that makes sense.

22 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I can completely believe this. Especially with MM having history with Horn. 

I think we would do well with either player.  My gut says Surtain is the steady pick, maybe even boring.  You may not hear his name called a lot during a game which is not necessarily a bad thing for a corner.  We may see more splash plays with Horn.  He's got a little more swagger, physicality, and attitude to his game.  We may see more splash plays from Horn.  Critics have said Horn tends to be grabby so maybe a little more flags as well.  Who knows?

8 minutes ago, Northland said:

I think we would do well with either player.  My gut says Surtain is the steady pick, maybe even boring.  You may not hear his name called a lot during a game which is not necessarily a bad thing for a corner.  We may see more splash plays with Horn.  He's got a little more swagger, physicality, and attitude to his game.  We may see more splash plays from Horn.  Critics have said Horn tends to be grabby so maybe a little more flags as well.  Who knows?

Surtain is basically a more refined Byron Jones. Will people be ok with a guy who never gets INTs? That’s going to be the long running issue with him, and we all saw how little support was given to Jones when it came to extending his contract. I expect similar discussions to take place if we draft Surtain.

18 minutes ago, Northland said:

I've seen this quite a few times lately, that Horn is more of a splash player than Surtain. In what way? Surtain actually has the better ball skills, IMO. If you watched Horn's entire career, you'd only see one game where he picked off a pass. 

Horn has swagger and is rough around the edges. Surtain is smooth with a quiet confidence.  But at the end of the day, they are not really that dissimilar. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Surtain is basically a more refined Byron Jones. Will people be ok with a guy who never gets INTs? That’s going to be the long running issue with him, and we all saw how little support was given to Jones when it came to extending his contract. I expect similar discussions to take place if we draft Surtain.

Probably neither Horn or Surtain will pick off the ball enough to satisfy much of the fan base, if we're being honest. But they are both really sticky in coverage. I think that makes them really good compliments to Diggs. QBs will test Diggs, who can go make splash plays.

19 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m pretty confident in saying that Surtain’s upside is higher than Byron “Stone Hands” Jones.

Edited by Tony7188

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

I bet 90% of the time I’ve ran a mock sim, Pitts and/or Sewell have been sitting there at 10. Doesn’t matter which site.

4 - 6 picks are the biggest hurdles.

Reality is 4 picks will be QBs. At least 1 WR & 1 OL taken.

So we know 6 of the top 10 picks. Roughly four are gonna be randomized. I would not be shocked if we see several trades in the back half of the top 10. Could shake everything up.

I think you guys going Surtain at 10 is the most obvious pick of the draft outside of Lawrence at 1 and Wilson at 2. It’ll still be a very solid pick though. 

I think you’ll get an EDGE in the 2nd. Personally, have you selecting Payton Turner out of Houston. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think you guys going Surtain at 10 is the most obvious pick of the draft outside of Lawrence at 1 and Wilson at 2. It’ll still be a very solid pick though. 

I think you’ll get an EDGE in the 2nd. Personally, have you selecting Payton Turner out of Houston. 

Turner at 44 is a little rich for me, but this would be a terrific 2 RD haul anyway. Turner has really piqued my interest over last couple of weeks.