John Coppolella To Resign As Braves GM

devils1854

38 minutes ago, coors said:

One thing is that I never liked that we had so many guys in the front office, I wish the FO was a bit smaller and more streamlined. I'm not saying any of this had to do with one another, just something I had been thinking of. 

This is a bad take tbh. Work needs to get done. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2017 at 6:00 PM, NewAge said:

This is a bad take tbh. Work needs to get done. 

Sleep less tbh 

I'm a firm believer that every organization should be as small as it can possibly be without becoming completely dysfunctional... maybe a little smaller than that.  

12 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Not saying just saying

Wow.  I'm anxious to see just what exactly they did to warrant such a penalty.  Have to imagine that the bigger money signings will wait until next period, when everyone has more money to spend again.  I'm sure they'll get to keep their signing bonuses from the Braves, like the Boston prospects got to do.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Wow.  I'm anxious to see just what exactly they did to warrant such a penalty.  Have to imagine that the bigger money signings will wait until next period, when everyone has more money to spend again.  I'm sure they'll get to keep their signing bonuses from the Braves, like the Boston prospects got to do.

I'd agree.  You're not going to penalize the players for the teams breaking the rules.  Could make it even more wild if they set some of the bigger IFA free.  They'd be freed up to take a deal from a team that they believe will develop them best as opposed to whose offering the most money.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

It's interesting that now kids basically are incentivized to take under the table stuff, since it gets you two bites at the signing bonus apple. Not that the MLB can approach this any other way, but still.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's interesting that now kids basically are incentivized to take under the table stuff, since it gets you two bites at the signing bonus apple. Not that the MLB can approach this any other way, but still.

Yeah, the only downside to the very early handshake deal is that the MLB team can void the contract at the last second, leaving the LA kid to scramble to find the suitor with the most money left to offer or to wait until the next signing period.  But overall it does seem to benefit the LA kids, which is fine by me.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd agree.  You're not going to penalize the players for the teams breaking the rules.  Could make it even more wild if they set some of the bigger IFA free.  They'd be freed up to take a deal from a team that they believe will develop them best as opposed to whose offering the most money.

That would be fun, but the owners would never let that happen.  Too much of a precedent to set.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I was referring to the Braves prospects...

So was I, but I mistakenly read your post to mean that they would be set free from all IFA signing restrictions.  Reading it again, I don't think you meant that.  Making them true free agents would be the precedent that the owners would never allow.

2 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

So was I, but I mistakenly read your post to mean that they would be set free from all IFA signing restrictions.  Reading it again, I don't think you meant that.  Making them true free agents would be the precedent that the owners would never allow.

No, of course not.  My question is would they be subjected to the 2018 IFA rules or the 2017 IFA rules.

Archived