John Coppolella To Resign As Braves GM

devils1854

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

They are gonna bring the hammer down on us. Goodbye Maitan.

The hammer is much worse than Maitan. He's not really a huge prospect right now. Similar caliber prospect to Mickey Moniak but with a lower floor. Neither are top 100 guys. 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Losing him is still a big deal, down year or no. 

Well, yeah, but I think the bigger indicator is the quantity of guys they lose. If they suffer a lot from the penalties it will be more from losing 5-10 guys rather than losing one uber prospect. They're not losing someone like Acuna or Allard here. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Well there it is. This'll be interesting.

And greenie, I think Maitan is probably on at least one team's aggregate top 100 if they all had to make them. Down year or no, he's still got tons of tools and time on his side.

I'm hoping Abraham Gutierrez gets freed up as well.  I really like him.  But yeah, I don't get putting Maitan in a Mickey Moniak tier.  His offensive potential is considerably higher.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And greenie, I think Maitan is probably on at least one team's aggregate top 100 if they all had to make them. Down year or no, he's still got tons of tools and time on his side.

His body has taken a downturn too but yeah, probably. He's not like a non-prospect or anything. He's not going to get anything close to what he would have gotten had this happened a year ago though (even if you pretended the current CBA didn't exist). 

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

greenie why do you hate on Moniak so much?

well, he's not very good. Overall unremarkable player with good bat control and nothing else that sticks out. Not ruling him out or anything but the reports on him this year were lukewarm at best. 

Archived