GDT: Titans (0-0) at Broncos (0-0) MNF

Titans fan 617

I went to bed talking about how there was actually a lot of good last night and there was but man Gostkowski has us fans scared to death 

Gostkowski needs to be talked about but I really don’t want too because I’m tired of talking about kickers

The question I guess becomes what’s the leash on him?

I was the one telling you guys he hasn’t been the same since his miss in Denver years ago in the playoffs, then he comes into that building and has the worst game of his career

He made the GW so he bought himself another week atleast

Next week is for first place in the South so he better get it together 

Im rooting for him, I’m hoping he’s just shaking the rust off after a surgery/rehab filled offseason

The leg strength is still there he kicked all touchbacks which I loved 

He managed to hit the GW so that’s progress

I know it’s hard to feel good after a game like last night but at the end of the day we are 1-0

Henry went for 116

Davis went for 101

Humphries 6 catches 47 yards 

Short handed defense did enough to win

Things will get better 

Hopefully the Titans win the home opener 

13 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I went to bed talking about how there was actually a lot of good last night and there was but man Gostkowski has us fans scared to death 

Agreed.  Overall, we looked pretty good considering that, for the majority of the game, we were missing: Adoree Jackson, Rashaan Evans, and Taylor Lewan.  That's not counting whatever's going on with Vic Beasley.

Gostkowski is a problem.  I'm betting that the next week, he'll be competing with McCann to see if the Titans need to call him up from the practice squad.  Hard to imagine anyone claiming Gostkowski if we release him, so there might be some wiggle room there to toggle between the two, potentially.  Some of last night might have been him getting in his own head.

13 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I know it’s hard to feel good after a game like last night but at the end of the day we are 1-0

Henry went for 116

Davis went for 101

Humphries 6 catches 47 yards 

Short handed defense did enough to win

Things will get better 

Overall, I was happy with what I saw, because the four biggest question marks I had looked great.

1. Will Henry regress?  He tore through a tough defense just the same as he did teams last year.  I'm cautiously optimistic about how he'll do this season.

2. Will Tannehill regress?  He got away from that one ugly interception, but otherwise, he was fantastic.  Also cautiously optimistic about him.

3. Will the defense suffer from losing Pees?  I'm still worried about this one, since there weren't too many adjustments needed yet, but Vrabel actually did a solid job adjusting when we had to, which is good because his history as a DC isn't great.

4. How will Clowney look?  Clowney was in the backfield immediately and regularly.  No sacks, but those are overrated anyway.  He played like the Clowney we hoped we were getting.

Add to that the fact that Ty Sambrailo looked serviceable, Dennis Kelly held down the right side admirably, and the great performances of Corey Davis and Jeffery Simmons (who came exactly as advertised), and we've got a lot to be happy about.

On 9/11/2020 at 5:47 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Hey all, Broncos fan stopping by with a question. Im watching Jurell Casey pressers right now and man this guy sounds like the real deal. He seems like a huge leader and I know he is a wrecking ball on the field. What is your honest opinion of him as a teammate/player? Is he as good as advertised?

Watched some of his clips and I just remember thinking 'a guy that big should not be able to move like he does'

I assume you were happy with what yall got out of him last night? 

6 tackles, two very well timed PDs, and a big hit on Tannehill ain't bad for a seventh round pick.

We looked good in my opinion. Several very long 12+ play drives from the offense, including the game winning drive. We moved the ball, Henry looked more comfortable catching the ball. Davis looked like a man on a mission, that stiff arm was angry!! Our defense held up really well considering injuries and ejections. If it wasn't for the missed field goals the only issue we'd have with this game is kicking field goals instead of scoring touchdowns. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Gost has to be gone.  That's too much baggage to carry into the next game.  We survived this game but what happens if he misses his first attempt next week?

Start the tryouts now.  Find someone different and pray they can make more than 2 out of 6 kicks next game.

I think Tucker McCann gets called up from the practice squad and suits up for the game.