Week 1 GDT: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-0) @ New Orleans Saints (0-0): The last dance or the retirement tour?

Canadian Saint

It is worth mentioning that the Bucs run defense is legit. It was the best in the NFL last year, I believe. With Brees's arm limitations, if you can stop the run up front, direct your secondary/linebackers to take away the short/intermediate passing game, and have the LBs to run with Kamara...you will have some success slowing the Saints down.

The good thing is that the OL should improve and they won't always be facing a defensive front as good as the Bucs.

We all know Brees can't sling it 60 yards, never really could, but he dropped a dime on Cook 42 yards in the air, and it was smooth without a huge wind up. So I'm not going to listen to noodle arm just yet. I will listen to his timing being off, and waiting too long to deliver passes.

If Brees can toss a few long ones on target again, we'll be looking good. As of now, defenses know they need to cover 15 yards & under. That kills Kamara's game, and essentially makes us 1 dimensional.

This was a really good week 1 win, for many reasons. I'm going with it, and celebrating it. Let's hope they build more momentum and keep it going!

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

There were a few times Sunday that he need x yards to get a first down and he simply couldn't drive the ball on a comeback pass...and his receiver had to run in front of the chains to get the ball. 

I'm not saying there's no issues with his age, I'm just saying he's not a noodle.
I've said for years he needs to work on his timing. I think his brain says he can chuck it 60, and then his arm delivers 45 and receivers have to stop or come back to the ball. A 5 step drop and delivery is what he needs, which is about what Cook got. And Cook is slower than any of our WR's.

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

There were a few times Sunday that he need x yards to get a first down and he simply couldn't drive the ball on a comeback pass...and his receiver had to run in front of the chains to get the ball. 

His arm will be a problem for sure.  

I did see him drive one ball pretty good.  On a consistent basis he’s just weak though and getting weaker.