What will we look like heading into 2021?

DoleINGout

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Could 2021 be the year of Stid the Kid finally? Nahhh he gunna be average. Not like that is bad for a starter in the NFL especially with a 4th round pick. But nothing ... special.

Agreed. I hope they're working out an extension with Cam as we speak. 

Sign Cam to like a 4-year deal, and keep adding play makers around him. Don't overthink this. 

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Agreed. I hope they're working out an extension with Cam as we speak. 

Sign Cam to like a 4-year deal, and keep adding play makers around him. Don't overthink this. 

It's the smart approach. His age and injury history worry me but no rookie QB is succeeding with this supporting cast. First, get some legit wide receivers and tight ends and then we can talk about it in 2-3 years.

• Like 1

I wanted Byrd, saw the fit, glad we got him.

I wanted Adam Humphries, Pats wanted him, but Adam honored his initial word to the Titans despite having mutual interest in NE.

Sammy Watkins is another receiver I have liked for the Pats. After 2020, if he doesn't decide to take a break or retire, I hope he is pursued.

Anthony Miller of the Bears is also a good fit for the Patriots I could see being targeted.

Aaron Jones is probably going to get a huge deal and stay with the Packers who have a very good team. Otherwise, Jones would so worth the splurge even for the Pats who are okay at the position. Rex, White, and Sony are all coming up on their final year or in it now. JJ Taylor I liked a lot and he is doing great in his opportunities, Damien Harris is injury prone at this point but still good to rotate in. Jones could be the workhorse a la Corey Dillon circa 2004, (but better in today's NFL and with a little more tread left on the tires).

Gilmore is gone, AF. Suggested he get traded this off-season to much dismay, (surprise, surprise). I guess the Pats were considering it anyways! And they put money into his contract for 2020 from next season so more is guaranteed now and less would be "dead" if moved in 2021.

Buh-Bye. Good riddance, thanks for your services.

Cam called the Pats a business trip and it has felt like it from the jump with 1 million at signing... would be more surprised if he is back than if he leaves. I think he'll be replaced in 2021.

14 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Gilmore is gone, AF. Suggested he get traded this off-season to much dismay, (surprise, surprise). I guess the Pats were considering it anyways! And they put money into his contract for 2020 from next season so more is guaranteed now and less would be "dead" if moved in 2021.

Buh-Bye. Good riddance, thanks for your services.

Cam called the Pats a business trip and it has felt like it from the jump with 1 million at signing... would be more surprised if he is back than if he leaves. I think he'll be replaced in 2021.

I tend to agree. I think Gilmore gets traded/cut at age 31 next year and Belichick won't commit longterm to a 32 year old run dependent Newton. Instead I think they will be active in free agency for weapons, match about every offer that comes for RFA JC Jackson, extend Thuney and draft a QB unless a good QB becomes available like Prescott. Most of the old players like Hightower, Chung, Edelman and McCourty will also leave. Belichick then can restructure and rebuild this roster and if he gets the right QB NE could compete for the SB again in 2022 with a 2nd year QB. Personally I would like them to extend Newton but I don't think it happens and instead they will get a rookie in the 1st or 2nd round.

On 10/9/2020 at 6:55 PM, DoleINGout said:

I wanted Byrd, saw the fit, glad we got him.

I wanted Adam Humphries, Pats wanted him, but Adam honored his initial word to the Titans despite having mutual interest in NE.

Sammy Watkins is another receiver I have liked for the Pats. After 2020, if he doesn't decide to take a break or retire, I hope he is pursued.

Anthony Miller of the Bears is also a good fit for the Patriots I could see being targeted.

Aaron Jones is probably going to get a huge deal and stay with the Packers who have a very good team. Otherwise, Jones would so worth the splurge even for the Pats who are okay at the position. Rex, White, and Sony are all coming up on their final year or in it now. JJ Taylor I liked a lot and he is doing great in his opportunities, Damien Harris is injury prone at this point but still good to rotate in. Jones could be the workhorse a la Corey Dillon circa 2004, (but better in today's NFL and with a little more tread left on the tires).

The other receiver I left out in this post who J was trying to recall is the guy I mentioned here on the first page: Zach Pascal

Plenty of options for the Patriots. Pascal, Miller, Watkins, Humphries, and AJ Green at receiver. AJ Jones is my dream free agent. Stud back but basically a receiver too.

12 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

3rd or 4th round pick probably gets it done

Why would you waste a pick on him when you have (same raw player) Sid. He has no value and will be cut by Washington.  He a bust. I say heck no! I don't care where he was drafted or the crazy numbers he put up in college.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1