GDT: @ LA Rams

WizardHawk

Well we better hope our D improves a lot. Rams failed to score a lot of points...  and had their own problems getting points...   OUR D got lucky in only allowing 20. AS the rams had no problems running and if other teams can run like that our secondary which really wasn't tested our weak point is going to get tested.  Just a pity as it also came down to a really really close bad call though ESPN announce already saying it was deserved...  but that in the end was the biggest loosing play of the game which says something as it happened with 30 seconds left.. but as a lot of people  also said the bad thing is it looked like a lot of close losses last year.   I just want to see better offense inside the red zone... ten yard line..  the first TD was a good unique play on the pass to Zeke.. after that I didn't really see when in the red zone we put much pressure on the D. The plays seemed easy to defend.. the second TD was just Dak being Dak. Again it comes down to we really don't have a "good" red zone receiver. 

19 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

4th and 3 in the 4th quarter and you don't kick the FG.

idk....this was a huge beef we all had with JG. Given the situation, yeah they probably should have kicked it....then again CD has to go more than 2 yds on crossing pattern.  Personally, I’m good with call and the play call itself, players have to be aware of situations too. I see it more on CD than anything else. Have to get that 3 yds.

Edited by WizardHawk

2 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

So much for Nolan being a LB guru.

Jarwin done an no real backup.

Id really consider starting McGovern or Biadasz at LG and moving Williams to RT until Lael comes back.

Yeah right side was sketchy at best. Having said that though maybe able to shift line a bit to help that side in games where you don’t have a guy like donald to the other side of center. 

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

idk....this was a huge beef we all had with JG. Given the situation, yeah they probably should have kicked it....then again CD has to go more than 2 yds on crossing pattern.  Personally, I’m good with call and the play calm itself, players have to be aware of situations too. I see it more on CD than anything else. Have to get that 3 yds.

IT seemed like a good play call I guess that just wasn't executed correctly.. My main problem that I have with that play call is Dak had zero options. There was nothing else for Dak to do but throw it to Lamb, and the Rams D was not sitting back which is what we probably expected as they seemed to to be worried about Dak throwing the ball into the end zone. 

9 minutes ago, Northland said:

I'm jaded.  24 years of mediocrity will do that.  There was a lot of hype around this team and tonight's performance left a lot to be desired.  It's going to be game to game for me. For every positive there's a glaring negative that pulls me back to reality.  I can't fault Diggs.  Perfect throws get made on HOF corners.   They are tough to defend. Diggs is a keeper. Then you have our LB'S.  Just brutal.  What's done is done.  No sense torturing ourselves.

The LBs and Safeties were brutal. I always saw Brown behind in coverage. Lewis needs to start over him. The dline couldnt get pressure because Goff and the Rams gameplan was built to stop it. Getting rid of the ball quick. Even then you still saw pressures. Itll get better man. 

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:

The LBs and Safeties were brutal. I always saw Brown behind in coverage. Lewis needs to start over him. The dline couldnt get pressure because Goff and the Rams gameplan was built to stop it. Getting rid of the ball quick. Even then you still saw pressures. Itll get better man. 

I'll believe it when I see it.

30 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Frankly, I think Dallas looked exactly like a team with new coaching staff and no actual game play. They whiffed in general and need more time.

Yes but it's not a totally new staff we have returning our OC.. Between him and MM, how many rollouts did they call? Didn't Dak have great success last year with that? As well as PAP?  Didn't MM also do similar plays with AR? Wouldn't that be a good way to avoid A Donald up the middle?

There are just too many red flags here IMO..

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Yes but it's not a totally new staff we have returning our OC.. Between him and MM, how many rollouts did they call? Didn't Dak have great success last year with that? As well as PAP?  Didn't MM also do similar plays with AR? Wouldn't that be a good way to avoid A Donald up the middle?

There are just too many red flags here IMO..

The game plan sucked. See above. 

That crap is why JG got himself fired. MM and Co. have to get this crap right there is no argument there.