GDT: @ LA Rams

WizardHawk

10 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Quick question. On the bogus PI call on Gallup. Isn't that reviewable? Can't we challenge a PI call?

Because the defender clearly was beat, arm grabbing and leaned back on his own while the catch was being made.

NFL did away with that in offseason. Wouldn’t have made a difference anyway. 100% of PI challenges were upheld last season.

10 hours ago, JStar221 said:

I am not a Cowboy fan at all. But watching the game and the circumstance I thought no way they should've gone for it either. I think analytics is behind some other sports. ANyone cna make an excuse why the play doesn't work such as "If only the receiver went a few yards further." Or "if only the offensive line blocked better." Or "If only they called for a rollout." Or if only "Dak read the play right," etc. You can dream up any excuse but that game showed little indication that Dallas could overwhelm and make the play or the defense was so lousy you can't trust. You don't take that risk.   

They MADE the play. It was caught. The rookie WR ran a yard shorter than he was suppose to. In hindsight it was a bad call because we know the results of the play. Everything went how it was suppose to. He was open, he caught it, just didnt run a deep enough route. That's situational awareness, which the rookie quite doesnt have yet

13 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

The entire league was at 14% pre-snap motion. Dallas was at 4%. Ranking them at 23 of 28. While the rest of the league is increasing pre-snap motion Dallas is Decreasing. Bad.

I just don’t understand it...

I think I would rather lose attempting to put a dagger in, instead of playing it safe. So, probably to the dismay of many, am going to applaud McCarthy for the 4th down call. Went for the jugular. Its new and exciting. As Cowboys fans we have been begging for this.

But we need to understand the consequences, maybe we all can cut Garrett a little bit of slack for the safe play. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Written right there in key takeaways

There was 12 minutes left, lots of time (Cowboys had 2 more possessions, The Rams 3)

Advanced Analytics would actually suggest they go for it with even less time. Go for the 4 point lead late and try to secure the TD vs Tie it and give the Rams the ball needing only a FG to win (With a TD, The Rams have to go the entire field to get their own TD to beat you vs just getting a FG to beat you)

There could have been 2 minutes left and statistics would tell you that you're better off going for it on 4th and 3 and trying to get a TD (or at worst kill more clock) than taking the FG. Get MORE aggressive with less time on the clock, but every situation is different in terms of how much success you are having moving the ball and how well your defense is playing

Ahhh, I guess I saw a pretty graph and just ignored the rest 😂

Where is the logic in going for first down on 4th and 3? A first down is not touchdown. Unless Dak completes a pass into the end zone. Yes I know the receiver didn't run his rote deep enough. But even if he did get 4 yards what difference would it make? Odds are Cowboys would still be forced to kick the FG a few plays later.