The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

What’s most interesting about that is Hudson isn’t used like most C’s I boss blocking.  Most C’s snap the ball and guard their zone and either pick up a defender who comes up the middle or lends help to a G.  Hudson often snaps the ball and goes 1v1 with a defender..... that’s a really hard thing to do.  It requires snapping the ball and having fast enough hands to get his hands on the defender first.

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yeah Ruggs could be a star sooner then you think. Legit skilled player, with special speed and athlete. He isn’t small be is built with muscle...

Ruggs could catch stardom fast... explosive guys like him can explode... but also have volatile year to year performances 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yeah Ruggs could be a star sooner then you think. Legit skilled player, with special speed and athlete. He isn’t small be is built with muscle...

He just has that break away speed.  His 2-3 receptions per game may put him over 100 yards for the game with a TD because of one play.  That's what is going to make him so electric.  I'm really excited to see how we use him.  I would like to see him put in motion just for an even better speed advantage.  We'll see.  Super excited.  Hopefully its a big game for him with a season opening W.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

He just has that break away speed.  His 2-3 receptions per game may put him over 100 yards for the game with a TD because of one play.  That's what is going to make him so electric.  I'm really excited to see how we use him.  I would like to see him put in motion just for an even better speed advantage.  We'll see.  Super excited.  Hopefully its a big game for him with a season opening W.

That's what I'm most excited to see, us getting Ruggs the ball in space and allowing him to use his speed to make plays. At Alabama he scored 1/4 times he touched the ball. And his usage in college was also limited because of how stacked Alabama's offense was, he only had 86 receptions the last two seasons because he was playing with 3 other 1st round talents at WR. It's like Jacobs who only had 120 carries in his last season there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's what I'm most excited to see, us getting Ruggs the ball in space and allowing him to use his speed to make plays. At Alabama he scored 1/4 times he touched the ball. And his usage in college was also limited because of how stacked Alabama's offense was, he only had 86 receptions the last two seasons because he was playing with 3 other 1st round talents at WR. It's like Jacobs who only had 120 carries in his last season there. 

Exactly!  Jacobs and Ruggs have a lot left in the tank.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

When you look at guys like Cooks, Jackson, and Hill, they've all been relatively consistent when they're healthy. 

Yes... but those guys are often injured....

what i was talking about was more year to year TD totals and the fact they tend to have 2 games of 3-5 catches, 40-70yds then one game where they go off for 10/150+.  The speed guys tend to have dramatically different game to game production.